Opinions on the new shout box

Give your thoughts on an update or the site in general.
JCTC
Level 43

Re: Opinions on the new shout box

Post by JCTC » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:50 pm

I have to reload on mobile every time I enter a comment, it goes to a blank page on my browser first thing, it freezes a lot, I have to reload a lot, I like the fact that the profile pictures are on the side, but the setup looks wrong, and I think it should be called Chat, instad of m-chat or mini-chat, I prefer the original design, except perhaps with the profile pics still there, chat should be in the same position, instead of the top right corner, the option to choose between the old chat and the new them would be pretty cool, since I can chat then, I don't like the censoring, but oh well, although I really need the old chat, because I'm always using my 3DS, please give the option, perhaps in the User Control Panel. I mean, I have no say in it, I mean I have the option to give my opinion, but I have nothing to offer for the site, it's your choice. But that's my preference on the chat. Everybody else will probably disagree, but that's natural, nobody ever agrees with me, but whatever, it's my opinion. Not theirs. So there.

deadly virus
Level 48

Post by deadly virus » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:56 pm

its dumb. I don't like it because reasons.
Virus DeLarge: member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang
___
"DV's mind is as corrupt as his liver. It's tainted with alcohol and death.
He comes from behind and kills you with his shovel. And eats your corpse, because he's DV" - redhollowlives999

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:49 pm

deadly virus wrote:its dumb. I don't like it because reasons.
Most valid reason yet.

JC you can do one of the few:

Stop talking to us because we're not worth the effort.

Go directly to the chat section link part of the site thing instead of the Index Page because it should work better for you there. There shouldn't be too much to load there.

Or get yo friggin lappertawp fixed and dandy. You can access the guest account. Can't you clean your PC from there.
it really do be like that tho

Lonewulf
Level 9001

Post by Lonewulf » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:58 pm

JCTC wrote: chat should be in the same position, instead of the top right corner
...what do you mean? Chatbox is in the same spot for me as it was last time...unless i'm missing something.
_______
Wulf Belmont, member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang.

JCTC
Level 43

Post by JCTC » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Zup wrote:I'm dumb.
I'm not going to argue with you.

And Red. What do you mean? Me, pay to get it fixed? 猿が大好きだよ no.

And the chat is glitched on mine then. Apparently, it's not supposed to be in the top right corner? Then again, that's only 3DS. Definitely agree with DV.

CloakedDeception
Level 20

Post by CloakedDeception » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:17 am

I like the new design and the fact that avatars are right next to names. The new sound will take some getting used to. Even though the old one was annoying, it was distinct and I knew what it was. This new one sounds like something off facebook (also a tab/site I never close) so I don't always know which is which.

My only qualm is that the chat now appears only on the main forums page. I liked how we could see it from within threads and with messages open. That way, I can be typing out a long post and still know what's going on with the chat.
But I guess multiple tabs will solve that problem so no big deal.

JCTC
Level 43

Post by JCTC » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:43 pm

That too.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:18 pm

van wrote:I definitely prefer the new sound to the older one, much more subtle, and it doesn't get in the way as much. As for the avatars, on the fence about them.
BTW, you can toggle that if you don't like it. Just visit your User Control Panel and look for the mChat settings. There should be an option to remove the avatars there.

JCTC
Level 43

Post by JCTC » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Hmmm. Why can't we chat when in the forums like we used to?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Because K7 is our grand Kahoona and he says so.

If the chat loading is an issue on your mobile, you guys should toggle your settings for the chat in the UCP so stuff that normally makes it load slower like avatars, sounds, and all that junk will go away after you toggle them and you can chat all you wantzizzlez.