Emulator!

If it's not a new idea nor problem, just a suggestion - post it here. It can be website or game related. If it's related to a "Legaia 3," please keep it in the Legaia 3 forum.
Alinor
Level 17

Emulator!

Post by Alinor » Sat May 28, 2011 5:26 am

We talked about it in a HELP! post briefly, Emulators. I honestly can't say I know about the legality of Emulators/ROMs but assuming we're not stepping on any toes, it might be a good idea to have links to current PS1/PS1 emulators and the Legaia ROMs.

I know in the last years of the PS2, I had a hard time getting ahold of a copy of LoL even with EBay around. Something like this could be beneficial to site users as well as those visiting the site to see Legaia first hand.
Twitch
Youtube
Discord: Stubbs#4405 (Please, spam me there if I go MIA, again)

K73SK
Level 89

Re: Emulator!

Post by K73SK » Sun May 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Links to the emulators would really be no problem - but getting links to the iso files for the first and second games can be a problem. Although the game has no copyright documents towards Sony or any of the companies anymore, that doesn't mean lawsuits are totally avoidable. I highly doubt we'd be attacked for such a thing, but I really don't want to risk getting "attacked" for putting up the files on the site for people to download.

However, if anyone has any legal insight on it and whether it'd truly be safe to do so...I'd be more than willing to upload my files to the site. I know it's completely legal for people who own the real games to own separate copies through iso's (yes I own both games) - but I also know it's illegal for people to go downloading the games without already having ownership on them...Hence the reason I am holding back from it at the moment. I'd like to hear others opinions on the legality of it and perhaps I can indeed upload the games to the site. :)
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Alinor
Level 17

Post by Alinor » Tue May 31, 2011 4:48 pm

Thats what I was wondering quite frankly. I figured on the much older systems there was no problems with RoMs but with PS 1/2 I wasnt sure at all.
Twitch
Youtube
Discord: Stubbs#4405 (Please, spam me there if I go MIA, again)

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Tue May 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Well, I think as long as I leave a note letting the public, who chooses to download it, know that the game is *ONLY* for those who already own it, but don't want to risk ruining their classic disk, it should be fine. After all, the reason most sites like thepiratebay are still in existence is due to the fact they note to the public that their sites are for BACKUP purposes only.

I think I'll do that, just for everyone on the site... Leaving a notice for it to only be for those who own the game, saying it's for backup purposes, etc. should be fine and keep any trouble away from us as it *IS* legal.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html