Forum Problems

If you found an error on the site (typo/misinformation/etc.) submit a thread here and you'll be rewarded with forum money. Also submit findings, such as fish scores that aren't labeled and be rewarded!
K73SK
Level 89

Re: Forum Problems

Post by K73SK » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:38 pm

No mobile page because we're using phpbb... If we had made enough donations for ip.board, then yeah we could have had one.

Cloaked, is this on the mobile or on the computer? What browser are you using?
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

CloakedDeception
Level 20

Post by CloakedDeception » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:17 pm

On my computer. I use Firefox. I've always used Firefox though.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:54 pm

And it logs you out ANYWHERE? Or is it only on the tabs with the shoutbox? Try going to the User Control Panel (where the shoutbox is not located in) and just leave that tab up for however long it takes to normally log you out. See if it does it then. If not, then go to the index or wherever the shoutbox is located - then see if it does it. I have the shoutbox set to remove the names of anyone who is inactive for one hour. I'm not sure if that's why it's doing it or not so that's why I need to see if it does that for you.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

CloakedDeception
Level 20

Post by CloakedDeception » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:09 pm

So I did that. Only it was on the "View active topics" page and for like a day. And it didn't log me out. So I think it's only if I'm on the chatbox page that it logs me off.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:10 pm

I changed some timeout option (that's not part of the chat, actually)... See if that works for you. The chat timeout is actually set to zero, which means there is no timeout. However, the forum timeout was set to 60 minutes. I put it to an extremely high, pretty much impossible to get to, number... Lemme know if you're still having the issues.

JCTC
Level 43

Post by JCTC » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:46 pm

He stays active for days and days and days, well, stays on the page. But I think he might reach that "impossible number."

CloakedDeception
Level 20

Post by CloakedDeception » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:56 am

Haha possibly. But I've been pretty inactive this whole week cuz I'm back home for a week of vacation. And it hasn't logged me off at all. So whatever you did, it worked.

TheRavenfreak
Level 11

Post by TheRavenfreak » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:51 pm

K73SK wrote:No mobile page because we're using phpbb... If we had made enough donations for ip.board, then yeah we could have had one.
Forgive me for replying to an old post but... There is a mobile theme for phpBB that can be installed. I have a mobile theme set up on my phpBB forum, the only downfall is that users have to select the theme from their user control panel and board settings... Free forum hosts somehow have it enabled by default if a user is surfing the forums on their phone or mobile device. I'm not entirely sure how they do that myself though... :\ Probably some global check to see if the user is surfing with a mobile browser as opposed to a full browser.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:03 pm

Ah, I hadn't known they had a mobile one. The only other issue with that, though, is how compatible would the mods on this site be for that theme and also, as you mentioned, the auto-change between them. But it's OK, I'm learning PHP and MySQL right now so I will have some surprises for us in the future.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:25 am

So, just a minor note, but in the Adult Fan Fiction section, this convenient Quick Reply box that I am posting in decided to inconveniently wander off from the forums.

Any chance you could help it find its way back home?
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.