Other people who like this game besides myself exist?

Introduce yourself... Tell us about your addiction to Legaia... Which game's your fav.??
paradoxical
Level 3

Other people who like this game besides myself exist?

Post by paradoxical » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:30 pm

Pretty cool,

Hi, my name is Rob. I didn't even think to search online for a fan-club but sure enough there is one. Cool. I first played Legaia when I was about 14 and I love it.

I am currently listening to the end-credits for the first game, as I just enjoyed another playthrough. I had totally forgotten that I could use a PSX Emulator on my crappy Toshiba laptop (I bought a cheapie for word-processing and grad school); low and behold, I found the Legaia ROM and enjoyed the experience all over again. I own a copy but it's currently in the States. I've been working in Africa for the past few months, so I'm grateful the emulation software exists.

I really enjoyed this game when I was 14 and I'm surprised how much I still enjoy it (just turned 29). I'd rant more but I figured this is enough. Thanks for reading!

P.S.: I kind of strayed away from RPG type games until I discovered the Elder Scrolls series. I literally just found out that there was a second addition to the Legaia series, that I've never played before nor do I have any prior knowledge (I think I had read briefly that the second addition is a completely new/original tale) so I'll figure out when to dig into that. Please don't spoil anything for me!

Cheers!

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Re: Other people who like this game besides myself exist?

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Welcome to the site.

And I don't consider this a spoiler, because it shouldn't affect the actual gameplay or lore, but you SHOULD know this going into the second Legaia game if you don't already, because it's crucial and if you don't recognize this immediately, it could ruin the entire game for you: it's not AT ALL related to the first game.

Other than that, welcome to the site! Yer an old geezer aren't yah? (I'm 20) >:P

This game has changed a lot of our lives, imo (or at least my own life). So it's nice to see there are still tonsa fans out there.

Plz remember ta read the rules and
FAQ's and have fun looking through the site.
it really do be like that tho

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Welcome aboard!

I agree about Legaia, it really is a special kind of RPG. Not really into RPGs as much as an adult now, but the old ones still hold a special place in my heart.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

paradoxical
Level 3

Post by paradoxical » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:44 am

Yeah, I don't know if I consider myself a geezer but it was a really cool game for me. I had an interesting idea cross my mind during the last play through. I was in Conkram (past) and just kind of clicking around. I hit one of the book cases and it said "There are books here, one is 'Das Kapital of the Seru" or something. Perhaps what I'm trying to say was that (Similar to perhaps The Matrix and other relative titles) I think there are several underlying themes that may be existential--certainly metaphysical. It was as if these ambiguous notions or concepts were able to arouse my interest when I was a kid: how good becomes evil, how greed and lust for power can destroy you, how the spirit may push us to go the distance, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I felt this was a bit different than other RPGs. I haven't really been exposed to many others, save for the brief stints of Final Fantasy. But there's still a fan base so I guess that says something...

I haven't had much time for many RPG's anyway. Being deployed gives me more time than usual but I keep to my books usually, and my South Park and other stupid cartoons I binge watch (Aqua Teen, etc.)