Support Group

Introduce yourself... Tell us about your addiction to Legaia... Which game's your fav.??
JoSlifer
Level 3

Support Group

Post by JoSlifer » Sat May 23, 2015 11:02 pm

Hi all, I'm JoSlifer. Yes, that is a Yu-Gi-Oh! reference; that was the first TCG I played, and I still dabble though I prefer Magic.

I played Legend of Legaia an indeterminate, yet very long time ago. Then, after beating it once, I made what may be the biggest mistake of my life: I sold my copy. I was feeling very nostalgic lately, so I found the cheapest copy I could on eBay and bought a PS2 so I could play it again (my old PS2 won't turn on and I don't know what happened to my PS1). I've been thoroughly enjoying playing what may be my favorite game of all time, and I started searching for ways to improve my game (like learning what Intelligence actually does). Suddenly, I find this! A relatively active support group for the Legend of Legaia. At first I was afraid this was just an old forum, but I saw some recent posts, within the month. So, it's a pleasure to find you.

I've never played Legaia 2. Is it as good as the first one? Is it related in anything but name?

Nightshade
Level 60

Re: Support Group

Post by Nightshade » Sun May 24, 2015 1:23 am

Hello and welcome.

Legaia 2:
* As good as the first? No. Worth playing? Absolutely.
* Related? Storywise - no. But it does use the arts system, with a few twists. There are a couple of shout-outs to the first game, though. (a doll of Noa, a picture of the world of Legaia 1, and a Gimard specimen in Doplin castle being the three that I can think of off-hand)

If you ever want to see Legaia beaten in 9 and a half hours from start to finish, I can help with that.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:16 am

Welcome.

I've played through the first game countless times, but have never played Legaia 2. I have heard good things, though not quite as much praise as the first game. I plan to give it a try soon. You should too.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Arts system for Legaia 2 was genius, though it could've been better, especially with today's technology.

Welcome to the site Yu-Gi-Bro. Remember to read the FAQ and rules.
it really do be like that tho

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Mon May 25, 2015 3:14 pm

Welcome!

Always awesome to see new people discover this place. Yes, Legaia has a way of making a lasting impression on people. Glad to see you going through it again! How far are you?

Legaia 2 was really good, but definitely not perfect. The story and characters were inferior to Legaia 1 by far, but the gameplay was incredibly deep and satisfying. I'm not a big fan of the aesthetics of Legaia 2 either and the game takes a LONG time to play through, partly just because of the battle scenes. Every Arts, even smaller ones, get the Hyper Arts treatment with the dramatic sparks, really slowing the game down. Late in the game your turn with all Arts could literally take minutes. Besides that though, there are a lot of brilliant innovations with the gameplay and character building. The game has a good difficulty too, fairly easy storyline but very challenging sidequests.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Mon May 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Sidequests honestly made the game. I recommend it.

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:08 pm

So, it's bugging me... why is this topic called "Support Group"?

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Tue May 26, 2015 9:38 am

Welcome to the site and I hope you decide to stick around throughout (and after) your play through Legaia. We're not as active as we would like to be, but we do our best. Time gets the best of us all though, lol.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

JoSlifer
Level 3

Post by JoSlifer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:41 am

GoldenPower89 wrote:So, it's bugging me... why is this topic called "Support Group"?
Because I didn't want it to be a "Hi, I'm..." introduction. I try to be more original than that. Also the forum seems to me to be a place where we support each other in whatever is going on due to our common love of Legaia. As opposed to addiction recovery support groups, which are places where the members support each other in whatever is going on due to a common struggle with an addiction. Which, in retrospect, might not be a great connection to be making...
IronJustice wrote:Always awesome to see new people discover this place. Yes, Legaia has a way of making a lasting impression on people. Glad to see you going through it again! How far are you?
On this play through, I'm just about to go down the Fire Path. Not terribly far, but the only things I remember from my previous play are Drake Kingdom, that one dungeon that was a maze where you had to use teleports but they teleported you different places whether it was a building or a Seru because it vacillated, and Juggernaut. So it's almost like playing it through for the first time again.

My current play is on hiatus, though, because I got a summer job away from my apartment at school, so I left my PS2 and everything there. I work graveyards, so I rarely see the sun and I rarely get online. I mostly work, eat, and sleep.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:47 am

I see. Well, no rush to finish this play (but finish it now).