Magic Leveling & Experience

Any information you would like to share or ask in regards to the hacking of Legend of Legaia
meth962
Level 23

Re: Magic Leveling & Experience

Post by meth962 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Without testing, and just looking at the stats, it looks like your big damage dealers are Jedo, Gilium, Barra, then Ozma.

Now that is with the known that Jedo will only do damage if he can't kill an enemy. Of course a real test would have to be done. Never know if the game does a special calculation for Jedo or something.
まさかつあがつ

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Stinkin' Gilliums....
it really do be like that tho

Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Post by Sephirothansylar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:31 am

I'm like 95% positive I've seen a video of Jedo killing Lapis and it says Nighto will not work, been tested repeatedly I think. However, Aluru for some reason can insta kill him also.
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:35 am

Depending on how many trials they ran, it may be possible. If they only did so 30-40 times, with a 1/16 probability each and got no successes, then I'm not convinced it's impossible. (14.4% chance of no successes in 30 given trials, not significant.)

If there are no confuses either, I'd be convinced that it doesn't work.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

meth962
Level 23

Post by meth962 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:31 am

I've seen the videos too so I believe it works too. I can't remember if I ever tried it, but I think I did back in the day.

That's the problem with debugging the game in assembly. I go through 40 lines of assembler code to notice it reads some immunity flag and checks it when you cast Jedo/Nighto. But that doesn't mean 100% of the time it does the same thing. For instance, I bet they don't use the flag for Lapis because they think you have no MP to try it?

Still on my list to find a save before lapis and breakpoint that memory location to see if it ignores the value. Silly programmers.
まさかつあがつ