Project Terra

Any information you would like to share or ask in regards to the hacking of Legend of Legaia
meth962
Level 23

Re: Project Terra

Post by meth962 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:43 am

And I found a better way to hack Terra into the party and why she wasn't attacking.

The game has a counter for how many party members you currently have, and then ID numbers for each member. So I simply kept the party count at 3 and put "04" in Gala's place.

01 - Vahn
02 - Noa
03 - Gala
04 - Terra

That worked for everything, even stuff it shouldn't, such as being able to see her stats in the status screen. This is NOT how the game does it earlier on. I started a game (a new game+ if you will) to find out what the difference was.

The game actually keeps the party count to 1 with Noa. When Terra joins, it doesn't even add her ID in (that's why you can't see her status). It simply turns on a switch to say she's in the party. So it's as simple as changing one little bitty bit.

But! In order for Terra to work correctly, the party size should be 1. Although you should be able to have 2, and set that flag (it won't work at all if the party size is 3).

So found out something interesting as well. Terra is NOT immortal, but she IS a phoenix!

Her HP is 400, but the game for whatever reason sets her HP to 200 in battle. I think the developers typed in the wrong number because her MP is 200, and her HP is 400. Anyway, she WILL die on you in the last leg of the game. The giliums always take her out with their magic attacks. She will sink into the ground and not be seen again, except that her stats of course still say HP: ???/???. However, a few rounds later when Vahn was low on HP, Terra rose from the ashes and casted heal on Vahn! O_o !?

So Terra's fragile form seems quite dangerous but at the beginning of the game, it's not possible for the enemies to do that much damage........uunleeeess someone hacks their ATK to 200! Which I did, and it did end up killing Terra just like the stronger enemies do.

Terra also does gather EXP just like everyone else, with presumably the same experience curve since her "to next level" starts with 121. However I passed that number and didn't see her level increase, nor any stats. Looking up the saves on GFaqs, I can see Terra's Exp is 2,107 and 121 until next level. Aka, just gathers Exp with no point.

So as much fun as I'm having with this, I'd like to tweak the ROM so that Terra DOES level up and you can switch party members. However, I'm not a fan of doing that but this seems like it could be fun!

I started a NG+ by loading my end-game stats, but maybe I should start over, and just play with Terra in my party up to the point she starts dying, OR allow her stats to grow following a scale. Speaking of scale, I wonder if this would work.

HP: Noa's scale (lowest)
MP: Gala's scale (highest)
ATK: Noa's scale (lowest)
UDF: Vahn's scale (average)
LDF: Vahn's scale (average)
SPD: Noa's scale (highest)
INT: Gala's scale (highest)
AGL: Noa's scale (highest)

To make her an actual beneficial party member though it might have to be tweaked. Since she only has two spells, I'd have to hack her available magic or up her ATK scale or she's just a glorified healer.
まさかつあがつ

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Re: Project Terra

Post by GoldenPower89 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:00 pm

meth962 wrote:Terra also does gather EXP just like everyone else.
That doesn't sound like a good thing. Since you'll have four characters in your party, will the experience be divided four ways? If that's the case, then the characters that actually can level up lose out on roughly 8% EXP.