What Game Mechanics would you like to know?

Any information you would like to share or ask in regards to the hacking of Legend of Legaia
meth962
Level 23

Re: What Game Mechanics would you like to know?

Post by meth962 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:49 am

Yes, but through an obscure means.

If you look at the formula for dmg I posted a while back, it basically has an if statement for warsoul that sets the dmg multiplier from 13 to 14.

Unfortunately I've lost the ability to easily debug since every emulator does not seem to run on 4K resolution >:(
まさかつあがつ

Fwelin
Level 2

Post by Fwelin » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:09 am

I've got a bunch of random questions about Legaia I've always been curious about.

First, I'm wondering about the mechanics of his dwindling attack count as his HP gets lower. Is it caused by an adjustment to his AGI stat, an AI trigger, or something else, and is it a gradual effect, or one with a few discrete levels?

Second, is Koru's explosion programmed to do 9999 automatically, or does it just have such a huge base power that it's always capped?

Third, I seem to remember Vera's Bloodsucker special attack being blocked significantly more often than its normal attacks. Is something causing it to be more easily blocked in the code somewhere, or am I misremembering?

Fourth, when Terra is following you around as a wolf, what is her HP? The game softlocks if you kill Tetsu in the tutorial battle, and I'm wondering if the same happens if Terra dies (such as via greatly increasing the Golem's attack power, or via decreasing her HP).

Fifth, is Horn's heal programmed to be a full heal, or is it just an overly powerful heal that basically heals you to full just based on that? Does his level do anything?

Finally, for enemies that have a naturally varying number of attacks they can use in a combo, is it just an even distribution as to how many they choose to use?

meth962
Level 23

Post by meth962 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:46 pm

1. Who's dwindling attack? If you mean Vahn, the only thing I can think of is you do slightly less damage without full hp but it shouldn't be noticable.

2. I'm pretty sure it's hard coded and ignores modifications but I'd have to double check.

3. Yep, every attack has a lookup for strength and hit.

4. All my Terra knowledge is in it's own thread: https://www.legendoflegaia.net/forums/v ... f=66&t=943

5. Probably same answer as 2.

6. I remember looking into this and it was kind of weird. It wasn't like the characters having a set number and filling it up if I remember right, it was more like a random number is picked for how many attacks and then filled in. One exception to that rule was how Songi 3 is programmed to have less longer combos the weaker he gets.
まさかつあがつ

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:21 pm

"6. I remember looking into this and it was kind of weird. It wasn't like the characters having a set number and filling it up if I remember right, it was more like a random number is picked for how many attacks and then filled in. One exception to that rule was how Songi 3 is programmed to have less longer combos the weaker he gets."

I've long suspected that was the case, beyond just the '1 hit combo is followed by G. Cannon'. Do you have any more information on what the thresholds are, if any?
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

xTrance
Level 11

Post by xTrance » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:56 pm

While playing around with that, I also found out there are two levels of poison. One does 3% of your maxHP, and the other does 6% of your maxHP. Both degrade your stats like defense by 10% or 30%.
If it is possible for you to find out, I would like to know exactly which stats are affected by those two statuses, and how exactly it works.

According to the game manual:
Poison: Maximum HP decreases 5% every turn and attack and defense powers also gradually decrease. HP will not fall below 1.
Toxic: Maximum HP decreases 10% every turn and attack and defense powers also decrease rapidly. HP will not fall below 1.
From these descriptions, it sounds like ATK and UDF/LDF decrease each turn. If that is true, how much per turn do ATK/DEF decrease while under Venom/Toxic?

Also in the manual:
Curse: Unable to use Magic. Vulnerable to attacks.
Do you have any idea of what this could mean? Maybe it could disable blocking, or decrease DEF?

Finally, the Numb status:
Numb: Unable to move for several turns, or until attacked.
Is the amount of turns until numb wears off a set number, or is it a random chance within a certain range of turns?

Thank you in advance. There isn't much good information about status abnormalities out there from what I can find.