Skills

A world where each member of the site can spend G for items and adventuring together. This is kind of a "sneak peek" to the future Dungeons and Dragons feature of the site (Not all DnD Features will be here, of course).
K73SK
Level 89

Skills

Post by K73SK » Sun May 25, 2014 1:20 am

Ok, so I noticed some posts in the general discussion about skills and what they do. Here's the point of this thread... I can't come up with a million awesome skills all by myself with the time I have available to me. The point of this thread is to simply state all the skills you can think of towards the classes the game currently has. State the name of the skill, what it does, and that sort of thing. I can't promise the MP usage or damage will be the exact same during the game, but this thread at least brings out more ideas towards skills and spells.

And no, I won't state when I've accepted or declined any. I'll take what I think sounds good, and figure out how to implement them into the game. And be fun/fair about it, don't go doing stuff like "NUCLEAR BOMB!" lol.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Nightshade
Level 60

Re: Skills

Post by Nightshade » Sun May 25, 2014 2:12 am

Rogue Skills:
Heightened Awareness: Passive skill - Character and his / her party cannot be ambushed.
Heightened Awareness - Level 2: Passive skill - Character always gets the first turn in battle (If multiple characters have this skill, turn order among them is determined by speed.)
Shade - Character can activate at will - While active, enemy attacks have a 15% chance of missing. Cost - 1 MP per round. (Note: Activating or deactivating is taken as part of that character's turn, but does not constitute that player's action for the turn - he/she may still attack, etc. as normal.)
Shade - Level 2: As above, with 20% chance of missing.
Shade - Level 3: As above, with 25% chance of missing.
Assassin's Eye: Increased chance of a critical hit.
Assassin's Eye - Advanced: As above, except critical hit damage is now x2.5
Perfect Assassin's Eye - As above, except critical hit damage is now x3.
Stun: Activated: 1 MP. Rogue attempts to incapacitate an enemy for 1 round. Once the enemy shakes off the stun, that enemy is immune to that Rogue's stun for the duration of the battle. Using this ability takes the Rogue's action for his / her turn.
Greater Stun: As above, except MP cost is now 5 and the stun lasts two rounds.

Sorcerer:
Distortion Bubble: Spell (6 MP). A barrier forms around target character, which absorbs the next X damage dealt to that character, where X = that character's Max HP / 4. Additional damage is dealt normally. Effects persist until used or dispelled.
Arc Lightning: Spell (5 MP). Deals 10 damage to each of up to two targets.
Arc Lightning - Level 2: Spell (8 MP). As above, except damage increases to 15 and the maximum number of targets is three.
Quick Casting: Activated - Sorcerer may expend 6 MP to cast two spells during his / her turn. Sorcerer must expend the MP cost of each spell cast this way as normal.
Advanced Quick Casting: Activated - As above, except the sorcerer must expend 10 MP and the number of spells cast this way is increased to three.
Imbue Weapon: Spell, variable MP cost. Sorcerer may expend an amount of MP up to his / her level. Target weapon's base damage increases by the amount of MP expended this way for 3 rounds.

Warrior:
Debilitating Blow: Activated - 4 MP. Base weapon damage x2. If the attack is successful, the target is debilitated, and has a 25% chance of taking no action due to injury and pain.
Cleave: Activated - 3 MP. If the character successfully kills or incapacitates an enemy, he or she may immediately make an attack against another member of that enemy's party at Base Weapon damage - 2.
Greater Cleave - 3X MP. As above, except the Warrior may continue to cleave through X additional targets until a kill or incapacitation is no longer made.
Frenzy: Activated at will. While active, warrior deals 25% more damage. This stacks with other abilities, such as Slash. Cost: 2 MP per round.
Greater Frenzy: As above, except damage increase becomes 50%.

That's what I can think of for tonight.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Post by Sephirothansylar » Sun May 25, 2014 1:13 pm

(I don't know if I'm allowed to post here but eh..)

Rogue
Nuclear Bomb! Tier 1 Precision Strike: The rogue uses all of his/her dexterity, strength, and speed to pinpoint the enemies weakness. Deals 125%STR True Damage(Pierces blocks, guards, and shields) 4mp
Tier 2 Lightning Strike: The rogue uses all of his/her dexterity, strength, and speed to attack as fast as lightning. Deals 175%STR True Damage(Pierces blocks, guards, and shields) 12mp
Tier 3 Swift annihilation: The rogue uses all of his/her dexterity, strength, and speed to attack and obliterate the enemy. Deals 250%STR True Damage(Pierces blocks, guards, and shields) 25mp

Sorcerer
Hail Storm: The sorcerer conjures power from his/her surroundings and rains hail upon the enemies. Deals 50%MAG to all enemies. 4mp
Light Blast: The sorcerer harnesses the power of the sun and attacks a single enemy with incredible damage. Deals 150% MAG to one enemy.(can only be used in the day) 5mp
Mana Flux: The sorcerer can turn his/her mana into health. Per turn ability that doesn't use up the turn- Heals the Sorcerer for 2 HP. 1mp

Warrior
Intense Strike: The warrior is able to weaken the enemy. Deal 100%STR to enemy and improve future damage to enemy from all sources by 20%. 5mp
Severe Strike: The warrior is able to obliterate the enemies defense. Dispels all shields, blocks, guards. Deals no damage. 8mp
Catastrophic Blast: The warrior uses all his strength and power to deal a devastating blow. Deals 200%STR to a single enemy. 14mp
Head Bash: The warrior aims for the head with intense energy. Stuns the enemy. Uses so much energy he is not able to use it again for 5 turns. 10mp
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E

van
Level 27

Post by van » Sun May 25, 2014 3:11 pm

I like the Assassin's Eye ability detailed by Nightshade as well as the MTG inspired ones.

How about conditional passive abilities? And/or more usage for other stats?

Example
Rogue:
Double Strike I - If [Rogue's Speed >= 1.5*Enemy Speed] Then [Rogue attacks twice]
Double Strike II - If [Rogue's Speed >= 1.5*Enemy Speed] Then [Rogue attacks for 1.5x, then 1x]
Double Strike III - If [Rogue's Speed >= 1.25*Enemy Speed] Then [Rogue attacks twice for 1.5x]
Twitter | Seahawks | Mariners | Sonics | \\n/

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Sun May 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Some other skills:

Rogue:
Silent Movement: Rogue's party will not encounter a battle in the next square he/she enters. Activation cost: 6 MP / square.
Poison Training: Passive - Rogue is trained in the use of poisons and may apply them to weapons he/she wields. Enemies struck by that weapon have a 50% chance of inflicting the poison status.

Cleric:
Healing Burst (2 MP): All combatants restore 5 HP. (This includes enemies)
Healing Burst 2 (4 MP): As above, except the HP gain increases to 10 and up to 1 combatant can be excluded.
Healing Burst 3 (7 MP): As above, except the HP gain increases to 20 and 2 combatants can be excluded.
Holy Strike (3 MP): Deals 5 damage to one target. Damage increases to 15 against undead.
Curse (3 MP): Reduces the hit %, critical hit %, and damage dealt by 1 target for 3 rounds.

Sorcerer:
Teleport (5 MP): Teleport has two uses:
Sorcerer's party instantly escapes from any battle, as though a Flee Scroll were used.
Sorcerer's party may expend 1 cast of Teleport per day to travel 1 additional square. A sorcerer is limited to using teleport this way once per day.
Mana Short: Spell, 4 MP: Target spellcaster's MP cost for spells and abilities doubles for the next three rounds.
Mana Drain: Spell, 0 MP: Sorcerer steals an amount of MP equal to his level from one target and adds it to his own. 50% chance of success. An allied character may voluntarily waive the failure chance.

Warrior:
Tough Skin: Passive: Whenever the warrior would take damage, he or she takes one less damage per strike.
Tri-Wielding: Passive: The warrior can wield a third one-handed weapon using his/her teeth.
Vampiric Strike: 4 MP: The warrior attacks as normal, except that the warrior also gains HP equal to 50% of the damage dealt.
Blood Strike: Warrior expends HP (not MP) equal to his/her level to increase base weapon damage by the same amount for the current turn.
Taunt: 2 MP: Enemies are more likely to attack the warrior over other members of the party. This lasts for the duration of the fight, but requires a full turn to use.
Defend Another: Active, Instant: Whenever another member of the warrior's party would take damage, the warrior may take the blow instead. This may be used only once during each round (i.e. once this has been used, it may not be used again until the warrior has taken his/her next turn.)
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Tue May 27, 2014 3:47 pm

Let's see what I can come up with for today.
Warrior:
Endurance: Passive. Warrior's Max HP increases by his/her level.
Death Defiance: Passive. When Warrior's HP falls below 0, he / she does not instantly die. Instead, the warrior remains alive with negative HP until the end of his/her next turn. He/she dies as normal unless healed above 0 HP by that point. Limited to 1 use per battle.

Rogue:
Quick Slice: (3 MP): Rogue gets one additional attack with his/her primary weapon, at base weapon damage - 2.
Swiftness: Passive: If Rogue has multiple weapons equipped, he/she may attack different enemies with each weapon.
Dimension Slip: (5 MP / turn): Rogue has the ability to slip out of this dimension at will. Rogue's attacks will connect, but enemy attacks will miss with 50% probability. Rogue can activate or deactivate at will without using a turn.
Deflect: (4 MP): Whenever the Rogue would be attacked, the Rogue may shunt 25% of the damage dealt back at the attacker.
Greater Deflect (9 MP): As above, except 40% of the damage is reflected.
Copy Ability (2 MP): Rogue may expend 1 turn to copy one skill possessed by another combatant. (For instance, the Rogue could temporarily gain the Slash ability). This skill remains known until the Rogue chooses to copy a different skill.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Thu May 29, 2014 1:34 am

I can probably think of more good spells / abilities.

Warrior:
Unarmed Strike: Warrior can attack using his/her fists, at Strength - 2 damage per punch.
Focus Energy: (4 MP) Warrior charges on the first turn, then attacks for x3 damage the following turn.

Rogue:
Scavenge (3 MP): Only usable outside battle: Rogue searches for a useful item, such as a potion, ingredient, or weapon. Rarity and value of item governed by Speed and Chance.
Herbal Knowledge: Passive: Rogue has knowledge of healing herbs and other medicinal properties. Whenever he/she moves squares, he/she and all party members gain 2 HP.
Underworld Connections: Passive: Rogue can sell unwanted items to a network of less than scrupulous dealers in the undercity. Usable only in town.
Underworld Connections - Advanced: Passive: As above, except Rogue can also buy items rated 1 level higher than he/she would otherwise be able to purchase.
Smooth Talker: Rogue gets a discount of Charisma * 2% on all items purchased.

Cleric:
Divine Grace (2 MP): Increases hit %, critical hit %, and damage dealt by target creature for 3 rounds.
God's Fist (7 MP): 25 damage to 1 target.
Banish Undead: (3 MP) Instantly destroys one undead monster of level no greater than cleric's.
Serene Grace (4 MP): Target character gains 10 HP. In addition, that character's Max HP increases by 10 for 1 week. Max HP increase does not stack with multiple castings, but resets the duration to 1 week.

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:16 am

Daggers have pretty lousy damage. Maybe rogues could get a skill that lets them use swords?

van
Level 27

Post by van » Fri May 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Clerics

[Alchemy Skill Tree]

Base Skill
Fluid Coking I - Passive. Potions effects are increased by 20%.

Level 1 Branch - Requires Fluid Coking I
Fluid Coking II - Passive. Potions effects are increased by 40%.
Catalyst I - 3 MP Cost. Allows use of potions as if speed had increased by 20% for that turn.
Reactants I - 2 MP Cost. Allows use of "Minor Healing Potion" and "Minor Magic Potion" in one turn to a single target.

Level 2 Branch - Requires Fluid Coking II
Fluid Coking III - Passive, potions effects are increased by 60%.

Level 2 Branch - Requires Catalyst I
Catalyst II - 7 MP Cost. Allows use of potions as if speed had increased by 40% for that turn.
Byproduct - Passive. Use of healing potions does 25% damage of potions effects to any target.

Level 2 Branch - Requires Reactants I
Reactants II - 5 MP Cost. Allows use of "Decent Healing Potion" and "Decent Healing Potion" in one turn to a single target.
Split Potion I - 5 MP Cost. Divide effects of a single healing potion by any number of targets.

Level 3 Branch - Requires Fluid Coking III
Fluid Coking IV - Passive. Potions effects are increased by 80%.

Level 3 Branch - Requires Catalyst II
Catalyst III - 11 MP Cost. Allows use of potions as if speed had increased by 60% for that turn.

Level 3 Branch - Requires Split Potion I
Split Potion II - 8 MP Cost. Divide effects of two healing potions by any number of targets.

Level 4 Branch - Requires Fluid Coking IV
Fluid Coking V - Passive. Potions effects are increased by 100%.

This probably could have been better written.
Twitter | Seahawks | Mariners | Sonics | \\n/

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Fri May 30, 2014 8:27 pm

GoldenPower89 wrote:Daggers have pretty lousy damage. Maybe rogues could get a skill that lets them use swords?
I have thought about the idea of simply making them able to wield swords and just make sure the strength on swords is of high requirement so that it's not so tempting for them... I don't want them to become warriors, lol. Of course, I could make it a skill too... :3
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html