Read 1st: Rules

A world where each member of the site can spend G for items and adventuring together. This is kind of a "sneak peek" to the future Dungeons and Dragons feature of the site (Not all DnD Features will be here, of course).
K73SK
Level 89

Read 1st: Rules

Post by K73SK » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:41 pm

Welcome to the World of Adnaruf! This forum will be sort of a "sneak peak" to the future Dungeons and Dragons Legaia we'll have on the website. There will still be many missing awesome features that will actually be in the DnD game, but I wanted to use this RPG for people to get an idea of how their G will be incorporated into a world where they can adventure in. The main difference will be that this is just one world and no multiple quests (at the time of this posting). You enjoy the world as you wish.

Rules:
*The creator (me) is going to be playing the role of all merchant's and NPC's in the world. No one who joins can play, talk for, or control the actions of any NPC. However, *ALL* actions done by players are on their own. So if you hate an NPC and want to kill him, do so. However, there ARE consequences.
*All players only have the power that they gain through the RPG. That means you don't have "special powers" or anything that will give you an advantage over others. Read the Character Creation thread for more information.
*No just killing other players without a fight. You can challenge a player, and they can accept the battle or run. If they accept, the battle begins and you guys will use your specifications and items to do the battle. Battles are done by the players, but the calculations are done by the creator (me!). Read below for how to battle.
*Players who begin must post at least once a month. If there is no post within a month, your character has died and you must start over if you want to join again (with a new name).
*No refunds, unless you sell back to a merchant who accepts sell backs. Each merchant has a different personality.
*The world is split into a grid. A player can not travel more than 2 grid blocks on the map (seen below) in a day. This allows for players to take a longer amount of time to reach one another across the world and allows for exploration. Note that the map is simply a screen shot of Legend of Legaia - if you somehow didn't guess already. If you try to move more than 2 blocks in 1 day, your character will be instantly killed. No exceptions. Use CST to know when it's safe to move (so if you move at 11:59PM CST, you're allowed another move at 12:00AM CST because it's technically the next day). During daylight savings time, it's CDT, for those of you using online clocks to check the time.
*If you land on a square that is connected to a town (doesn't matter on which corner or block you land on), then you'll be in that town and can speak to the merchants there.
*At the moment, there is only one town (Notice how it's Buma). If the RPG becomes very popular and grows, we'll add more maps later. In the meantime, this is a rather small world to see how the game goes.
*Whether you're in battle or not, you can only do one of these things PER turn: Heal, Attack, Use/Pick up/Give Item, Flee, Move a block.
*If an item is dropped, you must specify the fact that you picked it up for you to keep it. Otherwise it stays on the ground.
*Any space from [25-28,Q-T] or [12-16,X-BB] (But not [16,BB]) enters you in town automatically. You're safe in town and you can exit town out of any block around those 16 blocks (in other words, you don't need to follow the 2 blocks per day rule IN town. Only when entering/exiting town does it count). The entrance to the cave or ruins to the northwest must be entered from the southern blocks, however.
*If you die, you lose all your G and items that are being carried to be dropped on the ground. This means another player can scavenge it, pick it up for you, or you can eventually come back to that spot and pick it up with your new character. So yes, other players CAN take your G - so be weary!
*If you need to rest at the Tavern, not only does it cost 5G to do so, but it also ends your turn for that entire day (no exceptions). So make sure it's the last move you want to make for the day before doing so.
*Diagonal movement is OK
*If you want to explore the town, you must first visit the Town Guide for information unless you were told (VIA PM!!!) from someone in *YOUR PARTY* about where things are in town. His guide through the town is 5G.
*Tough terrain (forests, mountains, etc.) are restricted to 1 block per day instead of 2

Parties:
*Parties (a bunch players traveling together) cannot be larger than 3
*For a party to move on the map, each player takes turns moving. So say there's a party of 3 with player1, player2, and player3. Whoever offered to start the party will make the first move for the party by saying where they'll go on the map. then player2 will go, then player3 (and repeat). If a third player joins after the 1st two, then he'll make the very next move for the party and the turns will be based there. For example, if player1 just moved and player3 joins, the new turn order is player1, player3, then player2 (and repeat).
*Party vs. Party battles will be judged the same way as party vs. monster, where the order of turns is based on the speed of players (and I will determine the turn of all players).
*Parties as a whole can only move 2 blocks per day.

How to Battle:
*The player must state that they are attacking another player, creature, or NPC and vice versa. Before the battle actually begins, the person being attacked must state that they accept the battle within 1 day. If no acceptance has been made, the battle does not ensue (however, the player, creature, or NPC can keep pushing to do the battle until a run-away or accept has been made). If you accept the battle, simply say "<Character Name> accepts the challenge". If you don't, say "<Character Name> runs away". If you run away, you will instantly be transferred 1 block away from the battle that was about to happen. The person running will have to choose the block to run to. Note that this does NOT count as a move on the map, so if you haven't already moved 2 blocks somewhere in the same day, you can continue your movement.
*Upon accepting the battle, the character with a higher speed will always go first. If there are more than 1 player/creature/npc, it'll simply go in order of fastest to slowest. Creatures and NPC speeds will not be revealed until the challenge has begun (Don't worry, I won't cheat. I have all my information for NPC's and creatures).
*The player can choose an attack or spell their character has. Each participant will take turns back and forth for the battle. The battle ends when one party completely dies (e.g. zero HP left) or runs away.
*You can try to run away at all times. However, your "FLEE" stat will be calculated to determine the chance in running away. I will have to determine on whether you successfully run away or not. If you are not successful, the other player immediately goes.
*Experience and rewards are determined depending on the battle. If the player kills off another player, they get all the goods from the body (e.g. their entire inventory, including the G being carried on their body). I'll determine the reward from other battles.
*To make a move in battle, you can simply state what you're doing. For example, "<Character Name> uses his sword and slashes at <Enemy Name>".
*Play fair. If you're battling another player, HP will be calculated between both of you. So if you deal 5 damage, the other player will know that their HP is 5 less. After each post, you will simply say what their new HP is.
*A full turn example:
K73SK uses his sword and slashes at SomePerson.
Sword Damage: 5
SomePerson's old HP: 30
SomePerson's new HP: 25
*At the end of a turn, if your stats are changed from your own move (usually a heal or special attack was used), you must specify it at the end of your turn. An example:
K73SK's end turn results:
HP: 30
MP: 20

No, there's no calculation for evasion, etc. in this game. I'm not programming anything to do those kind of calculations. The entire RPG is based on weapons, HP, Magic, etc. Armor will help increase a users HP instead of some separate armor spec. (to make it easier to calculate). I'll determine special cases of evasion, misses, critical damage, etc. when playing the enemies for players. PVP on the other hand is exclusive to this altogether.

So, assuming you've read all the rules and got down to this point, you may be wondering, "How do I start!? I'm interested!" Well, it's quite simple. You're going to go to the Character thread now and read the first post on creating a new character.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html