Dark Matters

Casual RP concerning the challenges of everyday life for a group of supervillains
IronJustice
Level Rusty

Dark Matters

Post by IronJustice » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:40 am

Here is our RP finally being launched. This is based on Ram's 'Casual RP' request, which interested me enough to come up with this. The premise is to keep it more casual than most RPs on this site, similar to Furanda. This is intended to be a 'lunchbox-sized' game that people can participate in short periods of time and pick up easily.

For those of you who have never done a forums RPG before, it's just basically a thread where you role-play (get it?) as if you're in that world the thread contains. There are rules to follow, including the original forum rules of course, and...yeah that stuff.

Rules:
Players are basically shared authors of the story and may change almost anything imaginable about anything they have control over. The main two elements a player doesn't have control over are other player's characters and the general setting of the story. The general setting should be changed as a group decision OOC, as this will affect all players.

Controlling another person's character is generally off limits. This would include such things as speaking for a group of characters to include another players. Certain actions being taken like "Smears Bob's face with apple pie" even imply that 'Bob' did nothing during this event. This sort of RP will be tolerated in moderation, but should not be done during any significant event. "Stabs Bob in the face with knife" for example, would not be tolerated. Instead, such a statement as "Lunged at Bob with knife" would be more appropriate, as it would allow 'Bob' to react.

Arrangements can be made between players, or even characters, that would allow another player greater say over other player's characters during certain situations. One example would include an employer/employee relationship where the employer character might be expected to lead the employees somewhere without explicit statement that the employee character followed.

Shared player characters can be introduced and control can be shared among all involved. For example, Bob's player introduces the mailman casually. It should be intuitive that this character doesn't have close association with Bob and is free for any player to control.

In the event of a player's absence delaying the progression of the story by two days or more, the other players may decide among themselves how the story will continue and may temporarily take control of the player's characters.

Distinction between Main PCs and Shared PCs will be made when posting them in the characters thread.

Posts have no length requirements.

OOC discussion should be done in quotes before the RP post.

A list of characters (main and shared), a description, and their respective players will be kept.
The Plot:
The setting for our story is The City, a former capital location for crime in the US. Oddly, this city has a history for being an attractor for all sorts of paranormal and supernatural phenomenon. This has spawned a garden variety of supervillains who once presided over the city and held it in a near anarchistic state. However, in recent years an influx of 'superhero' vigilantes has resulted in greatly reduced violent crime rates and an overburdened prison system. In order to avoid being apprehended, many of these supervillains have been 'laying low.' Some have attempted to integrate with society and hold day-jobs, others have simply gone on a hiatus waiting for the time to reclaim their glory. Only a very few are still active, although to a lesser degree and generally more secretive.

Our RP will follow a group of misfit supervillains living under one roof in the suburbs. Having lived for many years abnormally, they are unknowledgable of societal norms and generally have great difficulty adapting to and succeeding in normal daily life. They also may at times actually attempt to do some supervillain exploits, although they are usually met with similarly low success rates as their day jobs.

Taking some inspiration from such sources as Aqua Teens and Justice Friends, this is going to be more of a comedy, so have fun guys.

Now we begin! Below is my first post:

-----

Just getting off of work, Ron Flemming is returning from another day at the call center. Formerly known as 'Dark Voice,' Ron has a hard time pretending to care about giving 'good customer service' to the mouth-breathing slobs and brain-dead neanderthals he spends the day talking to. He finds the will to do so only by making daily additions to his "To blow up later" list.

*door opens, Ron steps inside and immediately into a pile of bat droppings on the floor*
"Gary! You might not have a brain, but I know you understood when I said your little friends were either gone from this house, or I make some bat-fur socks."

Gary, a living sentient crash-test dummy walks in from his room.
"Don't you hurt my special friends! They are the only ones that understand me!"
*makes squeak squeak bat noises, bats retreat to Gary's room*
Last edited by IronJustice on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

Zup
Level 99

THE X-PLOSIVE FIRECRACK

Post by Zup » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:25 pm

I'm not sure how you wanted the *action stuff*. If the way I did it is wrong, just tell me. I'll fix it. Sorry. Feels weird writing like this >.>
*A bright and colorful van decorated with cartoony pictures of explosions, cannons, magic hats, rabbits, and a juggling clown pulls up in the driveway outside of the home.*

*The passenger door opens, and Badger steps out, holding a big, black suitcase. It's almost as large as he is.*

*The driver of the van honks the horn obnoxiously.*

"YOU SUCK!"

*Badger drops the suitcase, and a bunch of firecrackers and other props fly out as the case pops open. He starts yelling curses as the driver of the van takes off.*

*Badger angrily stuffs his props back into the suitcase, sitting on it to flatten it and snap it shut. He drags the suitcase to the door of the house, letting himself in.*

*Badger heads to the kitchen, opens the pantry, and pulls out a box of Fruity Pebbles. He also retrieves a bowl, a fork, and chocolate milk.*

*Badger takes his food and goes back outside, onto the front yard. He sits himself down on the grass, then starts to devour the terribly-prepared cereal.*

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Re: Dark Matters

Post by IronJustice » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:32 pm

I'm basing it off of Furanda, so just post like you would on that RP. Most likely I explained it wrong if it feels weird for you.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart