New Website Desires (10G per good post!)

Give your thoughts on an update or the site in general.
K73SK
Level 89

New Website Desires (10G per good post!)

Post by K73SK » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Ok, so we're doing lots of new things for the new site and, of course, keeping a lot of the old stuff. However, more feedback is always helpful, so this is your opportunity to share what you want to absolutely have or keep in the new website and what you don't want anymore. If it's something you simply want to keep the way it is, but for the new site, then you don't need an explanation. Otherwise, explain what about it you want to keep and what you want changed.

And yes, this is for the website as a whole. That means forums + website.

And to make sure everyone actually participates with the feedback, each post on this thread will receive 10G *IF* it's feedback instead of the normal 1G. Posts without any kind of feedback will simply get the regular 1G as normal. Note that I or the moderators will give you the extra 9G after we've seen the post and decided whether or not it's good for it.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Re: New Website Desires (10G per good post!)

Post by Sephirothansylar » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:22 pm

A different font/background. The green on blue kind of hurts my eyes or maybe it needs to be a larger font size. A better background at least on the sides; the plain blue is pretty boring. The chatbox would hopefully be upgraded to ones I have seen on other sites where messages are almost instant instead of delayed and possibly have a list of people in the chat room on the side instead of below it based on the last hour.
K73SK: 9G given
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:27 pm

http://www.legendoflegaia.net/forums/ucp.php?i=174 << under "My Board Style"

Perhaps I should take your post as "Keep the possibility of multiple themes"? lol
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Yeah, get some themes that are less bright, too.

I think that, after someone wins the lotto, the jackpot should start at a somewhat higher number. It seems silly to buy a $3 ticket for a very small chance to win the $20 or so that's in there now.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:58 pm

I have noticed that this site sometimes makes weird noises besides the one the ones relating to ths shoutbox; this is primarily a forum-wide phenomenon. That's probably the biggest issue that I have had on the technical side.

An option to permanently buy access to arcade games (say, for 100-150 G) after which you have unlimited access to the game for no further charge. Maybe this conflicts too much with the donor group though? Perhaps the option for, say, 150 G / month, unlimited plays in the arcade for a thirty day period?

Obviously, more work on the Legaia II side to complete it out. That's something in progress but on the backburner, but it's important enough to the non-forum side to bear mentioning.

Is a Speedrunning forum possible for Legaia and for Legaia II? I've been doing some work for a speed run of the first game, and a dedicated place for tips / tricks / route planning would be nice. Maybe this only needs a thread for the time being, but certainly something to consider.

Very minor forum aesthetics issue: There's an extra red dot and space between "Store" and "Invite a Friend" in the top bar. Another minor forum grammar issue: Lack of an apostrophe in "show user's Seru" if people are displaying pets.

Custom Titles would be really nice, even if it's only an option after a sufficiently high postcount (100? 250?) - there's only a limited number of moderator positions for a site this small, and not everyone has tons of money to donate. Gives people an incentive to stick around and be an active contributor. Maybe make it an option purchasable with forum $?

That's what I have for the time being; if I have more feedback, will edit post / add additional post with more.

Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

TheRavenfreak
Level 11

Post by TheRavenfreak » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:45 pm

I was wondering if we could have a RPG section alongside the DnD forum again since I noticed the Trashed RPG section and it looks like all general RPGs were allowed before I joined. I am actually wondering why this happened myself, I'm just curious and I would love to rp LoL I think it would be fun. xD

JCTC
Level 43

Post by JCTC » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Perhaps Forum Dollars for every day logged in?
Example (Consecutive days logged in)

Day #1- $1
Day #2- $2
Day #3- $3
Day #4- $4
Day #5- $5
Then reset, and the same process again for each consecutive day logged in. Please?

Also, that Easter Egg/Secrets section would be appropriate since were updating the site.

And can the Jackpot start at $500 forum dollars? I agree with Gold.

And $2 per post instead of $1 would be nice.
And $5 per topic.

In other words, could you make it easier to earn Forum Dollars?

And can we have more arcade games?

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:03 pm

TheRavenfreak wrote:I was wondering if we could have a RPG section alongside the DnD forum again since I noticed the Trashed RPG section and it looks like all general RPGs were allowed before I joined. I am actually wondering why this happened myself, I'm just curious and I would love to rp LoL I think it would be fun. xD
The Trashed RPG's are actually only RPG's that were either requested to be shut down or ones that got no activity for the time period (1 post per 60 days). If you want to request a new LoL RPG, by all means you are allowed to do so. Top of the RPG forum rules says:

*If you want an RPG forum for a new RPG, send a request PM to an admin with the rules of the RPG and what you want it to be like. This is so we can keep things clean and consistent.*
JCTC wrote:Perhaps Forum Dollars for every day logged in?
Example (Consecutive days logged in)

Day #1- $1
Day #2- $2
Day #3- $3
Day #4- $4
Day #5- $5
Then reset, and the same process again for each consecutive day logged in. Please?

Also, that Easter Egg/Secrets section would be appropriate since were updating the site.

And can the Jackpot start at $500 forum dollars? I agree with Gold.

And $2 per post instead of $1 would be nice.
And $5 per topic.

In other words, could you make it easier to earn Forum Dollars?

And can we have more arcade games?
I think the regular G per post is good enough. Our economy already shows its flaws due to the rewards people get already. So no, I won't make it easier to get them. I only did 10G per "good" post on this thread because I want to make sure I definitely get feedback.

I've already considered the increase in starting jackpot and am thinking about it.

Easter Egg stuff is on the TODO list, so anything on there is still planned (if it can be applied), no worries.

JCTC
Level 43

Post by JCTC » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:43 pm

More arcade games plz

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:30 pm

That^.

Also, some new name colors in the shop would be nice. If possible, I'd also like some text displayed next to the color I'm purchasing so I can get a better idea of what my name would look like.

Example: Red