What would make you talk more?

Give your thoughts on an update or the site in general.
Nightshade
Level 60

Re: What would make you talk more?

Post by Nightshade » Tue May 19, 2015 10:25 am

I think it would be less of a problem if chat thread were a more accessible conversation. But all too often, thanks to certain individuals, it tends to devolve into meme- and gif-spam and doesn't really leave room for dialogue, so I just don't bother posting anything.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Tue May 19, 2015 11:08 am

Nightshade wrote:I think it would be less of a problem if chat thread were a more accessible conversation. But all too often, thanks to certain individuals, it tends to devolve into meme- and gif-spam and doesn't really leave room for dialogue, so I just don't bother posting anything.
I agree completely.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Yeah, I get that. Sometimes I just look at the last few posts and think, "Nah, I'm not about to jump into this nonsense".

Of course, sometimes I choose to add it.

Nitwit
Level 18

Post by Nitwit » Tue May 19, 2015 3:30 pm

Sometimes I wish that the forums had a little bit of more fun in life.
Next time on Dragon Ball Z! Playing on the Switch will get me to kill some fools. Tune in to Dragon Ball Z to find out. 8-)

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:17 am

Nightshade wrote:I think it would be less of a problem if chat thread were a more accessible conversation. But all too often, thanks to certain individuals, it tends to devolve into meme- and gif-spam and doesn't really leave room for dialogue, so I just don't bother posting anything.
what are you implying.jpg

Pictures is a form of dialogue. There's also an block function on the UCP to block said users. But I'm assuming you mean an "intellectual" conversation through the means of text instead of the "useless jargon" we post (the quotations aren't direct at you).

As a memewhore, I take offense. I enjoy spamming memes relevant to a conversation on a regular basis. Though I did think about making a thread where you reply with memes only, to cut back on the excess meme-flow going on in other threads.

Just never got around to it.

As for the lack activity, it's most due to us playing the game til there was really nothing left to talk about. However, the recent hackers/glitch hunters that have been joining has been bringing new life to the site, so that's a plus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
it really do be like that tho

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:08 pm

I propose a "memewhore" topic, as well as another topic for intelligent conversation. We clearly can't have both in the chat thread. I'd likely make posts in both of them.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Thu May 21, 2015 7:09 pm

The 猿が大好きだよ're you talkin' about. The thread's directed by whoever posts and they can post whatever the 猿が大好きだよ they want. Convos happen all the 野菜 time whenever somebody sparks one, and when they don't that's not inherently the fault of everyone else 'cause no one has any obligation ta follow up every single post you have with follow-up comments if they don't want to.

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Fri May 22, 2015 5:32 pm

Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Zup wrote:The 猿が大好きよ're you talkin' about. The thread's directed by whoever posts and they can post whatever the 猿が大好きよ they want. Convos happen all the 野菜 time whenever somebody sparks one, and when they don't that's not inherently the fault of everyone else 'cause no one has any obligation ta follow up every single post you have with follow-up comments if they don't want to.
^ this
IronJustice wrote:Want people to talk more? Game threads!

Corrupt a Wish: (needs to be revived) http://www.legendoflegaia.net/forums/vi ... f=31&t=577

Community Story: http://www.legendoflegaia.net/forums/vi ... 27&p=40506

Memetown: http://www.legendoflegaia.net/forums/vi ... =31&t=1026
^ That.

Still not content with that Bill Cosby wish.
it really do be like that tho

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:51 pm

Wheres my contests!? :(