The Bank!

Give your thoughts on an update or the site in general.
Alinor
Level 17

The Bank!

Post by Alinor » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:48 am

So, I just noticed the bank! Now, I've also noticed something else while I'm going around... Posters Bank credit is shown?! I'm more just curious than anything else, is there a reason that info is there?

Also, I noticed this affects your status on the "Users with the most cash" listing. That made me a little sad :(
Twitch
Youtube
Discord: Stubbs#4405 (Please, spam me there if I go MIA, again)

K73SK
Level 89

Re: The Bank!

Post by K73SK » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:28 pm

So, I just noticed the bank! Now, I've also noticed something else while I'm going around... Posters Bank credit is shown?!
Do you mean, "The most rich banker" section? Yes...And in the threads and such, yes it's shown, lol. What's wrong with that? It's just the amount hiding in a members bank. The main reason for the bank from the original mod was to keep members from "stealing" from one another. I don't have the stealing feature on since I found it'd be too unfair and no fun. But supposedly the bank also has the interest rate feature...Honestly, I have yet to see it working. I've been trying to make it work though :[. Maybe I should lower it from 30 days to 1 day...See if it only works if the member hasn't deposited within the 30 days. That's the only reason I could think that it wouldn't work. *changes it to 1 day temporarily*
Alinor wrote: I'm more just curious than anything else, is there a reason that info is there?
"Information" is just part of the mod. I don't have it enabled to give forum dollars for any of the reasons because I personally think they're silly reasons to get forum dollars. Here are my reasoning:

*Points per attachment in a new post: We don't do attachments...Or at least, no one under moderator/admin can. Besides, no one can download them either. I just don't want "malicious" files to run on the site in the future.
*Points for each new attachment: Same as above
*Points for new polls: Everyone will try to make polls on purpose, whether they're relevant or not. It's best to avoid them unless it's necessary
*Points per option in a new poll: Same as above
*Points per word in a new topic: I count the dollars toward the number of posts, not the amount of words. This will end up making members want to post REALLY long posts, which many of us will neglect to read... Best to avoid that, so everyone reads 99% of everything presented rather than ignore it because it's a novel sized post.
*Points per character in a new topic: Same as above.
*Points per word in a new post: Same as above.
*Points per character in a new post: Same as above.
*Costs per warning: I don't think a first warning deserves a loss of money. And plus I'm trying to avoid negative numbers for dollars altogether...
*Points bonus with registration: I guess I could do this...I'll just have to send everyone who's a member now the same amount of dollars for their signup's, lol.
Alinor wrote: Also, I noticed this affects your status on the "Users with the most cash" listing. That made me a little sad :(
lol why did it make you sad? Because I post too much? :D I'm almost at $220, my target...So I'll be purchasing my lovely Orb soon. :]

edit: which I just purchased XD
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Alinor
Level 17

Post by Alinor » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:24 am

Pfft talk to me when you have spooooooooon!

^.^
Twitch
Youtube
Discord: Stubbs#4405 (Please, spam me there if I go MIA, again)

Lonewulf
Level 9001

Post by Lonewulf » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Ever figure out the problem with the bank interest?
_______
Wulf Belmont, member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:39 pm

no... I kind of forgot about it, to be honest. I'll add it to my to-do list for the site though now that you reminded me. Sorry about that ><
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:39 am

Yes please fix the bank because without interest it's useless
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:21 am

Ok, I'm still confused. You said the interest worked now, but how does it work? when do I get interest and is it really 10% like it says?
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Lonewulf
Level 9001

Post by Lonewulf » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:14 am

he said thought it was working now. but it's not. there's a glitch in the matrix it would seem.
_______
Wulf Belmont, member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang.

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:14 pm

I know and it makes me mad.... and sad.... and a little confused....
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:43 pm

I'm confused as well. I'll have to dig into the code to find out why the interest doesn't do anything.