Convergence (Superhero CYOA) - Story Thread

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Re: Convergence (Superhero CYOA) - Story Thread

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:21 am

Rammerrush wrote:Hey i was gone, so blame Red. After all he is the cause of all our problems :P
Thats a lie.

Boi dis guy has 99 problems

and I'm the cause for all of them
it really do be like that tho

Zup
Level 99

Post 8 - February 21, 2013

Post by Zup » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Coin flip decides:
D) Run away
“Any man can overcome adversity. If you truly want to test a man’s character, give him power.”

============ SARAH BANNINGS ============
January 28, 2013
California
Sarah's Neighborhood
4:20 PM

With a fairly girlish squeal, Sarah jumped to her feet and bolted out of there, not even looking back over her shoulder as she did so. Unfortunately for her fears, Aoka did not take the hint.

"Oh boy! Are we going for a run?!? I like runs! Run! Run! Run! Run! Run!"

Sarah could feel the fear rising in her chest, but, oddly enough, she wasn't tiring out. She could've sworn she had been running nonstop for much longer than she physically had any right to. And...was that...?

Did she...smell her...mother?

============ DAMIEN MARSHALL ============
January 24, 2013
California
Los Angeles
4:45 AM

Damien groaned as he stretched out his arms, slowly sitting up from his couch. His body was still sore from the previous night's crash, and getting up at almost 5 AM after a day like that wasn't helping. He rubbed his eyes in order to cure some of the fatigue.

He cursed as his alarm clock, physically connected with his hand after shutting it off, jabbed him in the eye.

Needless to say, Damien decided to call in sick at work. He spent most of the morning sitting on his couch, staring at his hands, dumbfounded. What the the the the the was going on with them? Why did they keep...keep...how could he even begin to explain the phenomena? He was still shaken as he stared at his hand, having been replaced with the alarm clock, right at the wrist. It took some will, a deep breath, and concentration to slowly separate the two.

And not a visible mark on either one.

However, it had piqued Damien's curiosity. While he had no idea what it was and if it was dangerous or not, he couldn't help but get the feeling to try it again.

But he also felt that they might've just been hallucinations.

"I ain't crazy..." Damien muttered to himself, without much confidence.

--------- DAMIEN DECISION ---------
The odd combining of his hands and objects wasn't a dream after all...but what were they? Hallucinations? What should he do?
A) Go to a friend for help
B) Head to work to get your mind off of it
C) Try to do it again
D) Head to a doctor
E) Inspect the crash site
F) Other
Last edited by Zup on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:14 pm

F) Audition for the new season of Glee
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Okay Ram's vote was so stupid I have to vote for something now.

E)

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:22 pm

That was my goal
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Zup
Level 99

Post 9 - February 23, 2013

Post by Zup » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:05 pm

Common sense decides:
E) Inspect the crash site
“Man is made or unmade by himself. By the right choice he ascends. As a being of power, intelligence, and love, and the lord of his own thoughts, he holds the key to every situation.”

============ DAMIEN MARSHALL ============
January 24, 2013
California
Los Angeles
5:25 AM

Damien pulled up to the crash site, constantly looking over his shoulder to see if anyone had followed him, though there wasn't a soul in sight. He carefully made his way to the Synchronizer, not sure if he should touch it once more. What might happen? Could he be wounded? Would his hands get stuck? Could he...die?

After scanning the surface of the thing and finding nothing useful, he took a deep breath and slowly moved his hands to it. He was gonna try it. He had to. He had to figure it out as much as he could.

As his hands inched closer, a black and white spark shot from the Synchronizer to his hands, and he jumped back on instinct. He fell down, his hands catching him as best they could.

He brought his hands up to his field of vision to see them made out of metal.

============ GEORGE LOUIS ============
February 2, 2013
New York
Chloe S. Young Park
9:45 PM

George was still feeling sick to his stomach at what the Earth had said. It "wasn't what she was hoping for..." It would "have to do..."

In fact, he started feeling a little irritated with the sentient planet. How was that his fault, anyway? She had told him nothing. She gave no hints. It was a strong request completely out of the blue. How the the the the the was he supposed to have gotten that right?

His questions and anger, however, were soon replaced by another odd feeling in his chest. It felt like a blend of nervousness and ecstasy. He looked upward at the sky, his hands and arms slowly lifting at his sides. He felt the hair on his body stand on end, and a warmth in his stomach.

George...I am granting you some of my power...

What? What power? What's going on?

Just try to relax, George...

George really had no choice in the matter. He felt his eyelids slowly shut. His legs automatically stood him up, his fists clenched, and his teeth clenched. It was now starting to feel a bit painful, but that pain was washed away as the Earth told him it was done.

So, what...what did you do?

Why don't you go kick that tree over there and see for yourself?

You're, uh...you're joking, right?

Not even a little.

============ CARTER MORCANT ============
February 2, 2013
New York
Sewers
10:15 PM

Carter believed he had deciphered the cryptic clue he had found in the box. He didn't know where he should've gone to look for this "Youth No. 999," but "the depths," in his mind, referred to the extensive sewer system in the city.

It took only a few minutes for him to confirm his suspicions. He heard the echoes of footsteps in one of the walkways. He quickly took a stealth position to see a cloaked, hooded man moving along the sewer system towards a ladder on the far end across from him.

Carter had to do something soon, or the man would get away.

--------- CARTER DECISION ---------
Carter followed the note to the sewers, and found a mysterious, suspicions man. What should he do?
A) Just watch what he does and where he goes
B) Interrogate him
C) Attack
D) Other

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:08 pm

B)

deadly virus
Level 48

Post by deadly virus » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:39 am

B
Virus DeLarge: member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang
___
"DV's mind is as corrupt as his liver. It's tainted with alcohol and death.
He comes from behind and kills you with his shovel. And eats your corpse, because he's DV" - redhollowlives999

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:54 am

D) Attack him while interrogating him!
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Zup
Level 99

Post 10 - February 26, 2013

Post by Zup » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:22 pm

B) Interrogate him
“To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.”

============ CARTER MORCANT ============
February 2, 2013
New York
Sewers
10:20 PM

"Who are you?"

The figure down below suddenly stopped in his tracks hands out to the side in a defensive stance. He located the source of the voice, Carter, staring him down for a few moments of silence before standing up straight.

"Don't make me repeat myself," Carter warned as he dropped down. He slowly took a few steps forward, detecting hostility in the other man's posture. "Who are-?"

Carter didn't get his answer, for the man suddenly attacked. His arm shot up, reaching towards Carter. A tendril-like limb shot out from his sleeve, catching the victim off guard. Carter grunted as he was pulled forward, gritting his teeth as the tendril began to burn at his torso.

The attacker's other hand came up, and Carter could see a slit open on the palm of his hand. His eyes widened as the blood from the wound suddenly expanded and transformed into some sort of scythe.

In retaliation, Carter manipulated the demon fire within him, summoning a broadsword in the nick of time to block the scythe as it chopped down at his skull. He shoved it backwards for a brief instant before slicing through the tendril, chopping the end of it off. He brought the sword back above his head to block a trio of follow-up scythe swings.

That was when Carter caught sight of a small note nailed to the wall of the sewer that read: "The Deadly Virus. Have fun."

============ SARAH BANNINGS ============
January 28, 2013
California
Sarah's House
5:35 PM

Sarah had given up trying to flee from Aoka; the dog was simply too hyperactive and more physically able for her to compete. Besides, as she had come to pleasantly realize, he wasn't dangerous.

After realizing that the dog wasn't going away anytime soon, and that she found him rather adorable, Sarah carried him into her house, sitting through a lecture from her mom about the responsibilities of taking care of a stray dog. She just rolled her eyes and went along with it, taking Aoka to her room and setting up some ground rules.

"One: no talking when anyone else other than me is around. Got it?"

"Yes, yes! I understand loud and clear Miss Sarah!"

"Rule number two: You stay in dog form. No turning into a human anymore. I mean it. My dad has a gun."

The corgi just nodded his head, wagging his tail and sniffing the bed Sarah had bought down at the thrift store, snuggling into. "No worries, Miss Sarah! Guardians don't like using our human forms all that much. What are they called again? Hormones? How do you humans deal with those things?"

Sarah scratched Aoka's ears before plopping down onto her bed. "Okay. Explain."

The dog cocked his head to the side. "Explain what?"

Sarah held her hands out, as if the answer should be obvious, and it certainly should have been. "This whole freak show magicy talking dog stuff. The...Guardians thing or whatever. That!"

"Oh," Aoka answered, wagging his tail again. "Right! Well..."

And so Aoka went on to tell his incredible story, explaining to Sarah the details of everything from why his name was Aoka (it meant 'mistake' in Guardian language, though the poor corgi wasn't sure what that meant) to the game Sarah had played that brought him about in the first place. Custos Praeter.

"So...that game actually worked?" Sarah asked, baffled. "I thought it was just some dumb superstition thing."

"It usually doesn't work," Aoka explained, stuffing his nose into one of Sarah's socks scattered on the floor. "But it did for you, Miss Sarah! I'm not sure why, though...but I'm happy it did!"

Sarah smiled and snatched the sock from Aoka's snout.

"Hey!" Aoka began, hopping onto Sarah's bed. "Wanna try out your new powers?"

"...Huh?"

"Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!" Aoka cheered, running in circles on Sarah's bed. "This is always the best part! Because you're connected to a Guardian, you get your own special powers! Isn't that AWESOME?!?"

Sarah did not know how to react. Powers? What did he mean by that? She wasn't quite sure what it entailed, but because of what Aoka had already shown and said, she had no reason to not believe what he was saying now.

"What do you mean by powers?"

Aoka suddenly stopped running, dropping down into a sitting position. "We're gonna need to find a big, open area without many people. It can be...a little loud the first time. Explosions and stuff, ya know?"

Explosions?

"So do ya know any place that fits the bill?"

--------- SARAH DECISION ---------
Aoka has explained the situation to Sarah, but he's also said something about Sarah having...powers? Sarah has been charged with finding an open area without many people to try them out...Where should she take him?