Convergence (Superhero CYOA) - Story Thread

Zup
Level 99

Convergence (Superhero CYOA) - Story Thread

Post by Zup » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:38 pm

================= ARC I: ORIGIN =================

“If you treat an individual as he is, he will remain how he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be.”

============== INTRODUCTION ==============
The world is changing. Alternate planes scattered all throughout time and space are suddenly converging into one...and it isn’t a pretty sight.

It felt like a regular old day to me. Wake up, hear the screams of some helpless pedestrian in the streets, zap some guys, celebrate with a beer or two.

But around noon, things started to feel...off.

It felt like some kinda psychological thriller movie...it was too surreal to feel, well, real, I guess you could say.

My home city was...gone?

And I don’t mean it just up and vanished over night. No, everything was pretty much the way it was, but nobody called it “Empire City” anymore. Just...New York City. That’s it. And it wasn’t just a few people in on some kinda joke or some new government decree that renamed the whole place...the citizens legitimately didn’t remember anything about an “Empire City.”

What the the the the the?

And so I zoomed around New York tryna figure out what the the the the the had happened. It wasn’t until around noon that I finally caught on to something. Some random people started to turn transparent before completely vanishing - and nobody said anything.

This continued through the day, speeding up as the hours ticked by. By the evening, though, people started to do the exact opposite and pop in. I’d look down to the pavement and see a faint outline of a man walking, and it quickly faded into a complete person - he didn’t have a clue what happened.

I still didn’t understand it - the the the the, I barely do now. People randomly disappearing, and others randomly appearing...it was way too weird.

But the weirdest - and worst - part...

Other superpowered freaks started popping up, and not all of ‘em looked too friendly.

I did manage to meet up with some of the “good” ones, I guess, and we came up with some kinda theory. It seemed that different versions of the Earth were converging into one at different times...but no one really knew why. It was ridiculously creepy, but there wasn’t a whole lotta time to focus on that when some big-こし mutant creatures decided to tear up the place, now that they were given a fresh new canvas to work from.

I’m teaming up with these new guys, and we’re even looking for more that possibly could come to this world as well. Got my hands full with all these new bad guys to take down, but I guess it’s worth the practice. We’ve gotta figure out what the the the the the is going on, and how to stop it.

Just hope it’s not too late.

- Cole MacGrath
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. Great works are often born on a street corner or in a restaurant’s revolving door.”

=========== SARAH BANNINGS ===========
January 23, 2013
California
Sage Mountain High School
7:00 AM

With her usual pearly white smile on her face, Sarah strolled into her first class of the day (English), greeting the teacher with her trademark upbeat attitude.

She was a pleasant student, one that was constantly involved in school affairs, and one that made friends easily. She even planned to make new ones on the first day of the second semester of her senior year, right before it was time to pack up and graduate.

As always, Sarah was the first student in the room, patiently waiting until her classmates swarmed in and the bell rang. A few minutes into the class, her best friend, Melissa, tapped her on the shoulder, asking if she was planning on hanging out after school.

Of course, Sarah’s answer was a bubbly “yes.”

Kelsey Fleming’s House
3:30 PM

Sarah was always fascinated by Kelsey Fleming’s (another friend) home, even after having been there dozens of times. The Fleming family was much wealthier than the Bannings, and it was made clear in every square footage of the home - the walls were adorned with priceless, authentic paintings from artists worldwide, the furniture was spotless and pristine (did anyone even sit in them?), and, the icing on the cake, the presence of a pretty young maid.

Kelsey led Sarah and Melissa down into the basement - it was where her room was located. The place was large (nearly the size of Sarah’s garage) and covered in pink - pink wallpaper, pink furniture, pink shelves, pink clothes in the closet, etc.

A fourth friend was already in the room - Jean. She and Sarah and Melissa all exchanged welcoming hugs as their traditions mandated. When all were finally settled in and comfortable, Jean proposed they play a new...game of sorts.

“Its, like, really simple,” explained Kelsey. “Everyone stands in the corner and we turn out the lights. Then you’re supposed to say something, like...what is it? C-Custos Prater or something. How the the the the the do you even spell that? ”

Custos Praeter,” Jean corrected, reading from the slip of paper she took from her pocket. “Is that Latin or something?”

Sarah shrugged, not particularly getting the reason for all of it. While she was enthusiastic and open to new things, she wasn’t an airhead. “Wait...why?”

“Why what?”

“Why are we playing this? Is it...like is it supposed to do something?”

Jean shrugged. “Selene and her cousin played it and said it was fun.”

“But, like, what happens? We just say ‘Custos Praeter’ and that’s it?”

Kelsey added, “Oh! You’re also supposed to say an animal.”

“And then what?”

Jean stood up from the bed, heading over to hit the lights. She ushered the other three towards their corners, shushing Sarah’s questions. “Its something freaky. Like sciency...psychology kinda stuff.”

“Is it gonna hurt?” asked Melissa.

“No,” answered Kelsey, a tinge of excitement in her voice. “Just shush. Let’s start.”

Sarah sighed, surrendering her questioning. She didn’t believe it was going to do much of anything; it sounded like Bloody Mary superstition to her. But she really didn’t see the harm in playing along for a minute or two. It wasn’t like anything bad was going to happen.

“One...two...three...” Jean counted down.

Custos Praeter,” Sarah recited in unison with the other three.

--------- SARAH DECISION ---------
Sarah has recited the name of the game, and now she must decide on an animal. What should she pick?
A) Dog
B) Cat
C) Monkey
D) Rabbit
E) Other
Last edited by Zup on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rammerrush
Level 100

Re: Convergence (Superhero CYOA) - Story Thread

Post by Rammerrush » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 pm

A) Cuz you my dawg
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:51 pm

A) w/e
it really do be like that tho

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:33 pm

My friends vote
A)
B)
and E) Sloth
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Ohhh I like Sloths... Is it too late to change votes?

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:37 pm

I doubt it but fyi that was from the girl who hates SNSD
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Oh...

Then put Red pandas.

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:38 pm

lol So the votes are as follows:
2 As
1 B
a Sloth
and a Red Panda

Its pretty close. Lets hope for some more votes
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

deadly virus
Level 48

Post by deadly virus » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:11 pm

A
Virus DeLarge: member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang
___
"DV's mind is as corrupt as his liver. It's tainted with alcohol and death.
He comes from behind and kills you with his shovel. And eats your corpse, because he's DV" - redhollowlives999

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Oh, if Dv picks A then so do I.

Is anybody annoyed yet?