Convergence (Superhero CYOA) - Character Thread

Zup
Level 99

Re: Convergence (Superhero CYOA) - Character Thread

Post by Zup » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:38 pm

I'm taking out both Niveus and Caine. Makes room for others and they still get to be in action somewhere

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:21 pm

K good to know
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:25 pm

Added in a new character that I made up named Mr. Mako. He'll be awesome.

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:27 am

Vertigo
Alignment: Mercenary
Build: Lean, feminine
Eyes: Formerly brown, currently N/A
Hair: Formerly brown, currently N/A
Place of Birth: Seattle, WA
Occupation: Former scientist working on reverse-engineering alien technology for US Government. Currently is a rogue, living in an underwater base on international ocean, continues research and development of new technology. Uses this technology to operate as a mercenary to fund the research.
Background: Long ago, the strange being known as Vertigo was an engineer for the government's black programs studying alien technology. More than intrigued by the world of possibilities the alien secrets opened, he disappeared and took with him what he learned. He sold some of the secrets to gain funding for his own, unrestrained experiments. He strives to test the fruits of his work in battle, fighting for whomever can afford him. Most prized of his inventions is the power suit that he transplanted his brain into, which was designed not only to enhance his physical abilities but also to be astetically pleasing. It is unknown if his new form was chosen due to a gender identity or some other reason.

Vertigo would fall under the category of 'eccentric genius.' As a normal man, he was very reserved and humble. Once defecting from the US, his personality completely changed to an ultra confident in his abilities, somewhat playful and sadistic in battle, and utterly merciless. He still retains his intrigue and curiosity though, always seeking to learn. His end goal is knowledge and power, anything that stands in his way is an enemy and anything that aids him is an ally.

Costume: Vertigo's current android body is feminine in appearance, a sleek design with tight fitting layers of armor. Various devices may be carried on person or wielded depending on the situation. On the back is a pack of machanics necessary to keep James' brain alive. His brain is floating in his clear helmet, operating the body by thought through nanotechnology. The glass is made of a clear material roughly the toughness of diamond.
Powers: Powers are all technology based. The suit itself has superhuman strength, roughly equal to several times a normal man's strength. The core of Vertigo's technology is the utilization of Nanites. These operate both in the suit and as an 'aura' around Vertigo. The Nanites constantly repair Vertigo's body and the brain, although this is mainly for superficial damage and they can't repair most severe damage. They act as a 6th sense, alerting Vertigo to its surroundings and providing information not normally knowable, like temperature, radiation, air pressure, and many other similar changes. The Nanite healing can be stopped to redirect their force offensively, it acts similar to poison gas in the surrounding area.
Paraphernalia: Vertigo commonly uses the following inventions on mercenary jobs:
Sonic Gun: A one-handed weapon that shoots a cone of concentrated sound waves in front of Vertigo, stunning enemies and causing severe damage at close range.
Death Ray: A rifle-like laser gun that trains a beam on to a single target. The damage is initially light, but increases exponentially as it is held for the duration.
Electric Net: Vertigo holds, usually one or two, compact objects that when thrown, expand to net capable of holding several targets down, good for catching a flying opponent and grounding them. The net also gives off an electical charge, causing temporary paralysis.
Sentry Bots: Can use a remote device to teleport in one or both of two sentry bots. These androids are about 3 feet tall and armed with a machine gun.
Hover Disk: Vertigo has a hover disk that can be teleported in similarly to the robots. It lasts only a short time and is meant to provide flight in an urgent situation.
Weakness: Vertigo's Nanites are vulnerable to electricity, as are the robots and hoverdisk. Vertigo itself is not due to the armor, but is severely compromised by having the 'backpack' destroyed, or is pretty well dead if the helmet is penetrated.
Creator: IronJustice

Here's a picture I made: Image
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Looks like David has a Nemesis lol
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks. Might take a bit before he's integrated into the story, but I'll find a good spot

Screw it. Callin him a dude

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Lol, you can call him whatever you like. Looking forward to it :D
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart