LoL and Legaia 2 -CONFIRMED- to be different worlds.

News related to the game Legaia (not this website!).
K73SK
Level 89

LoL and Legaia 2 -CONFIRMED- to be different worlds.

Post by K73SK » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Sise-Neg pointed me to a very interesting interview with the director of Duel Saga. The very first question in the interview, the director confirms the first and second games on completely different worlds which happen to have continents both named Legaia.

Many of us, including myself, would have loved to imagine the game on the same world, even if we were skeptical about some situations - we had imagination of making it work. But since the design was originally mentioned to be on completely different worlds...Obviously this wouldn't work out! Here's the quote from the question:
Question: Can you give a little of the story background for Legaia 2? Does the game continue with Vahn or is this a new story with new characters?

Natsumi: The name, Legaia continent, is the same name as the continent in Legend of Legaia but the story in Legaia 2 Duel Saga takes place in a completely different world.

There is a village called Nohl in a remote region of the Legaia Continent that depends on a magical crystal called the Aqualith. All of a sudden, this Aqualith is stolen by a man known as Gold Eyes. A young villager of Nohl named Lang sets off on a journey to recover the Aqualith. During his journey, he realizes his hidden powers and the situation takes an unexpected and unbelievable turn.
Here's the link to the entire interview: http://www.gamezone.com/news/item/gz_in ... duel_saga/

DISCUSS YOUR DISAPPOINTMENT (or relief)!!! :lol:
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Re: LoL and Legaia 2 -CONFIRMED- to be different worlds.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:41 pm

It might. Be one of the stage of loss.... But I refuse to believe this... Perhaps he means it figuratively? Besides the seers in the lab and the basic fact that they look the o.c of legaia 1?! It's madding
it really do be like that tho

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Meh, just Easter eggs for fun. Many games do this kind of thing.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:16 pm

K73SK wrote:Meh, just Easter eggs for fun. Many games do this kind of thing.
Sadly they do....I feel like he said those thing to mess w/ our heads.... Since everything is indirect in this conversation

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:28 am

Is this guy Japanese? If he is it could just be a mistake in translation.
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Rammerrush wrote:Is this guy Japanese? If he is it could just be a mistake in translation.
Yes, the director is a Japanese man named Natsumi Arisawa. He came up with the character designs for Vahn, Noa and Gala (as well as some others) and was in charge of animation for the first game. The original director didn't return, so Arisawa, president of Prokion, became the head director for Duel Saga.

Anyway, I don't think it's an error in translation. His response makes it clear that LoL and Duel Saga are on different planets by saying that LoL and Duel Saga both have a continent called Legaia, yet he adds the 'but...' in his response, showing that there is a difference there. If they were the same world he could have simply said, "Yes they're both set in the same world."

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Sise-Neg wrote:
Rammerrush wrote:Is this guy Japanese? If he is it could just be a mistake in translation.
Yes, the director is a Japanese man named Natsumi Arisawa. He came up with the character designs for Vahn, Noa and Gala (as well as some others) and was in charge of animation for the first game. The original director didn't return, so Arisawa, president of Prokion, became the head director for Duel Saga.

Anyway, I don't think it's an error in translation. His response makes it clear that LoL and Duel Saga are on different planets by saying that LoL and Duel Saga both have a continent called Legaia, yet he adds the 'but...' in his response, showing that there is a difference there. If they were the same world he could have simply said, "Yes they're both set in the same world."
DISAPPOINTMENT

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Well that means that Legaia 3 will only be in one of the worlds. But which one?
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Rammerrush wrote:Well that means that Legaia 3 will only be in one of the worlds. But which one?
perhaps a cross-dimension one?

Alinor
Level 17

Post by Alinor » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Hmm, Are we sure of the meaning? Sometimes a different world could simply mean a different time period? I know its a longshot but its not out of the question. If you took someone on Earth from 100 years ago, and placed them in the present, they would look at the world as being not their own, too.

Wishful thinking most likely :evil:
Twitch
Youtube
Discord: Stubbs#4405 (Please, spam me there if I go MIA, again)