Some thoughts

Ideas that were accepted and completed... AKA now part of the forum and/or website.
van
Level 27

Some thoughts

Post by van » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:37 pm

I just have some thoughts or ideas.

-Add a favicon- I think it will help users. Not much more to add.

-Change forum dollars ($) to G- The currency used in Legaia. Just another thing to add to the overall Legaia theme.

-Find and add affiliates- This may help in bringing new members.

Just some of my thoughts, thanks for reading.
Twitter | Seahawks | Mariners | Sonics | \\n/

Rammerrush
Level 100

Re: Some thoughts

Post by Rammerrush » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:21 pm

I think a Favicon would be pretty cool, It would kind of assert our existence alittle more.

turning our Currency into G would be interesting but I think we might have to set it up all differently then.

I mean in LoL 5 G was like nothing, you can't even buy a healing leaf with 5 G haha

As for Affiliates, I just think it might be alittle hard to actually find sites to affiliate with. But that's just me, Let's see what others have to say.
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:08 pm

... What's a favicon?

And maybe we could set up clans? Like I pay 5,000 and I can make a gang/group and others can apply to join or some ish like that >.>
it really do be like that tho

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:53 pm

The favicon is the little icon when you add a website to your favorites or view it in the browser. Right now, LoL.net has the default icon - go favorite facebook or something to see what I mean.

Changing $ to G is easy enough.

As Ram said, what affiliates? It's just me and sise's Wikia page that are "affiliated" with one another. Most, if not all, other Legaia sites are completely dead and this website is the top of google when you type in Legend of Legaia (excluding the wikipedia.org page)... Legaia 2 is on page 2, but it's getting there (notice it's a W.I.P.).

Clans are a good idea. Too bad you won't find a mod for it for phpbb 3.0.8. IP.Board has it though ;)
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:01 pm

K73SK wrote:Clans are a good idea. Too bad you won't find a mod for it for phpbb 3.0.8. IP.Board has it though ;)
>___> Fair enough

Why can't you use the system for Trash/VIP/etc? It seems like it could work (from what I can see on my end anyway).

I give you munnies,

You make some (perhaps Sub?) group,

And make me leader. Then, (since apparently only Group Leaders can add/remove/invite other users) its like easy peasy from there.

Right? ;___;
it really do be like that tho

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:35 pm

I understand what Red's saying.

He wants you to make it for him, not an automated system that does it
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

van
Level 27

Post by van » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:12 pm

K73SK wrote:As Ram said, what affiliates? It's just me and sise's Wikia page that are "affiliated" with one another. Most, if not all, other Legaia sites are completely dead and this website is the top of google when you type in Legend of Legaia (excluding the wikipedia.org page)... Legaia 2 is on page 2, but it's getting there (notice it's a W.I.P.).
We don't need to necessarily affiliate with Legaia specific site. Another forum about other psx rpg with roughly higher activity could be an option.
Twitter | Seahawks | Mariners | Sonics | \\n/

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 pm

I've changed the [$] to [G]. The favicon will have to wait because I'll need to re-upload the pages - and to do that, I must have a stable internet connection. I haven't had one lately, but I'll be moving next week so I'm hoping I do then.

As for affiliates being rpg websites, I wouldn't mind doing so - but even if I did, 1.) where would I put their websites on here and 2.) would we really get any fans from Legaia that way?

edit: did the favicon. Since no suggestions in regards to affiliates, I'm going to move this thread to "completed". If you have a suggestion later, PM me instead of making a new thread.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html