A "shoutbox"

Ideas that were accepted and completed... AKA now part of the forum and/or website.
K73SK
Level 89

A "shoutbox"

Post by K73SK » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Woah, the admin is posting in the ideas forum? Of course!

Anyway, I have an idea, but want the members to place an opinion on it as well. After all, I'm not the only one to make decisions in the idea forum about the site...

So, I was thinking - what about a shoutbox? For those of you who know what this is...Great! skip the next paragraph! For those of you who don't, read on:

Basically it's a box that sits on the top of the forums to where people can chat with one another. So, it's like a chat room but only for members of the forum. You can sit there and post back and forth, saying whatever you like...As long as it follows the rules of course >:p

If I were to implement this, how many of you would actually take the time in using it? Please post informative and useful feedback for it rather than just "yeah make one" or "nah no use."

An example of a useful post (no that doesn't mean to copy/past/reword, lol):

"I think it would be a great idea for the Legaia site because it would allow us members to communicate with one another constantly rather than having to rely on private messages or the forums themselves."

or

"Great suggestion, but I don't think it would be useful to the site. The reason being that it's not nearly active enough right now and I really don't think it would change that activity anytime soon."

DISCUSS!
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

sword_of_omens
Level 8

Re: A "shoutbox"

Post by sword_of_omens » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:36 pm

i think that might be a good idea, for some quick back and forth dialogue between members...
and other members can jump in anytime..it would spark more conversation and activity...
however, right now it doesn't seem to have enough traffic to really warrant it as there are only 1 or 2 members on the site at a given time...i think we need to get a few more members first...

Hiro
Level 12

Re: A "shoutbox"

Post by Hiro » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:47 pm

It sounds like a good idea.I only get on once in a while and I'm usually the only one on but I wouldn't mind chatting with some of the other members if they were on too.