Elemental Alignments?

These are ideas that are undecided on whether they'll be implemented or not.
Nightshade
Level 60

Elemental Alignments?

Post by Nightshade » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:01 pm

I was just thinking it might be helpful if there were some page/table that listed the relative power that each character has when summoning different elemental Seru

For instance, Vahn gets a boost when summoning Kemaro, and levels being equal, will do about 1.1 times more damage than Gala, who deals about 150-160% more than Noa (since Wind and Earth are opposing elements).

I know that Vahn gets a boost from Earth (small boost) and Fire (large boost) magic, is neutral toward Dark and Thunder, and is weak when trying to summon Wind (small penalty) and Water (large penalty).

I'm less certain about the other two characters. I know that Gala gets a huge penalty when using Dark magic, since his Puera spells are about half as effective as Vahn's. His Earth spells are a bit weaker than Vahn's, but his Thunder Spells are significantly stronger than either of the other characters'

Just some food for thought if there's any information on this topic that can be posted.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

Lonewulf
Level 9001

Re: Elemental Alignments?

Post by Lonewulf » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:43 pm

I definitely second this...I never really knew the elemental properties of each character were THAT varied. I'm impressed. I needz tha infos.
_______
Wulf Belmont, member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 pm

I always hear and see things about this being true, but from my experience of playing the game so many times I really haven't noticed a significant difference in damage received or taken. I mean, even the v jump translations (unless I missed one) don't say anything about them. So if you can find real "proof" towards this in the game or if Sise-Neg can back it up with some proof as well... I'll wait. :P
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:06 pm

Sise and I were discussing this earlier. We came to this much consensus for sure:

Vahn: Large boost for Fire, small boost for Earth, penalty for Water
Noa: Large boost for Wind, small boost for Water, penalty for Earth
Gala: Large boost for Thunder, (possibly) small boost for Light, penalty for Darkness.

I'm really talking about the damage from when a character summons a Seru of a specific element. Vahn's Kemaro is stronger than Gala's, and Noa's Kemaro is only about half as potent.
Meanwhile, Gala's Puera is only about half as powerful as Vahn's. And stuff like that.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:33 am

Well I think it makes sense but I never really noticed this. However it would explain why my Kemaro attacks always sucked at Sol. (The only person I could ever get to absorb one was Noa >_<)
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:08 pm

I'll have to take a closer look into it. When I do, I'll consider it. Just remember that a lot of times, when I do work on the site, I'm trying to update Legaia 2 or fix errors people find. I'll consider this thread a MAYBE so I can see it on my "to-do" list in the future. So I'll close this now and will thank you for the suggestion. :)
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html