hey k i think you should read this (good idea)

Ideas that were declined.
Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

hey k i think you should read this (good idea)

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 pm

i got this of an f.a.q of some site called http://www.bubbling-iso.com where there motto to new users is "read the F.A.Q or be banned" w/ no sense of joking
What are HP, MP, EXP on the forum?

A user's level is determined by their total number of posts. Note: A user with zero (0) posts is considered level 0, however making one (1) post, raises them to level 1.

Hp is based on user activity. Max HP is based on the user's level, and will generally be the same for all users of the same level. A user's current HP is based on the user's posts per day. A higher post per day, more HP they will have. Note that users at level 0 will always have 0 / 0 hp.

MP is calculated by how long the user has been around and how often they post. Max MP is based on level, and increases with level. Each post a user makes costs them mp, and a user regenerates mp proportional to how many days they have been registered.

EXP is determined by how far the user is away from the next level. This is expressed as a percentage. Note, a user of level 0 has 100% experience. Making one post will put them at level 1. Also, a user that is shown to have 100% experience, will go up a level on their next post.
its a strange site that much i can say XD but i like the idea (except the idea on the mp points going to "posting" and etc) i was here looking for certain rom's and i thought you'd like this
it really do be like that tho

K73SK
Level 89

Re: hey k i think you should read this (good idea)

Post by K73SK » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:02 pm

Well, the level part is already done...Look above your avatar.

As for the HP/MP stuff, it's a neat idea and all but like I said before, I don't actually know PHP. I can modify very little to it to make it work the way I want it to, but I can't start anything from scratch and make it work flawlessly on the website. I'd have to go and study it if I really wanted that, and I personally don't see much point into studying it for myself. If someone else knows PHP, we can consider more ideas that are presented in this forum, but for now I can only tell you that I think it's a neat idea and would like to still hear what other members think of it.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:06 am

Personally I don't like the idea. It's just a bit too complicated I like what we have set right now. It's not perfect but it make sense.
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Rammerrush wrote:Personally I don't like the idea. It's just a bit too complicated I like what we have set right now. It's not perfect but it make sense.
It has it's flaws... But I think it can work in certain locations
it really do be like that tho

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Well, I did say it was a neat idea... But I don't know if I'd implement it even if I knew how to, either. I'm with Ram on what he said. If anyone else thinks that it shouldn't be implemented, post now. Otherwise the topic stays open until there is at least one more objection (assuming no one is for it) :)

edit: however, I still think the EXP thing is cool and easy (maybe) idea. I could probably do that if anything...Just to show how far someone is from the next level. Again, up to others before I decide to do that.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Hiro
Level 12

Post by Hiro » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:09 pm

I like the idea of EXP but the other stuff seems to complicated to me. Im just a simple guy and like simple things :D