Nicole's Epic (and Long) Legend of Legaia Sequel Ideas (<3)

Ideas, wishes, etc. of a Legaia 3 all goes here.
nicoleb
Level 8

Nicole's Epic (and Long) Legend of Legaia Sequel Ideas (<3)

Post by nicoleb » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:40 am

Those who frequent the chatroom know some of my ideas, but I thought I'd set them all down in full. I warn you, I have a lot of ideas. X_X Ram helped me a lot with many of these, particularly with characters' pasts and his idea to bring back Tieg (and thus the Seru-kai) through resurrection, which I myself was very stuck on. I'd also like to give special thanks to the Legaia wiki and Sise's Legend of Legaia transcript, without which this would've been a whole lot harder.

Warning: The following contains major spoilers for Legend of Legaia!

These ideas, though they are... incredibly vast (because I have no life whatsoever XD) are by no means complete, and I'm completely open to any opinions, critiques, suggestions and whatnot. Except from Red. ;D Nuh, Red can comment too, I guess. XD Just be aware that I'm not guaranteed to add or change something suggested; even if you come up with a really good idea (as Red did), it might not necessarily fit the story I want to tell here.

I'm also aware that the likelihood of this becoming an actual game is slim at best, but the the the the, I had fun writing it, and hopefully it'll give you guys some entertainment. :)

Just in case anyone would want to steal this (though I doubt it), this work is Copyrighted by Nicole Blom, 2012. Anyone who attempts to steal and profit off this will face internet lolsuits. (Note: This is directed to lurkers, not to the actual members of this forum, since I trust them completely. <3)

BTW, my sequel is, for the moment, called “Legend of Legaia: Densetsu” in English and “Legend of Legaia: Legend” (レガイア伝説・レジェンド Regaia Densetsu: Rejendo) in Japanese. Basically, both titles end up having “legend” and “densetsu” (densetsu meaning legend in Japanese) in them once. A pretty lazy and unimaginative title, I know, but I kind of like it. I'm open to suggestions on other names though. ^_^

GAMEPLAY
Graphics & Sound
The basic style of control in the game will be very similar to Legend of Legaia. In the overworld, the avatar will simply be the main character (unless another character(s) is brought out for dialogue). The style will be more realistic though, so as to give the game a more dark and serious look.

Because there will be eight (!) Ra-Seru heroes in this game, and because having eight people in battle at once would be very tiresome (not to mention hideously unfair to the enemy), which characters are in battle will work in a similar way to the likes of the Tales series and some other popular RPGs:

As soon as the party exceeds three characters, the player can choose which characters they want to use in battle, and only those three characters can fight (though all will level up). The characters can be switched with other ones any time outside of battle, but once you choose three characters for a fight, you're stuck with them and cannot switch out until the battle is over.

All magic animations can be skipped (seriously, why weren't they skippable in Legend of Legaia?!), but Art animations cannot. I feel that would ruin the mood of the game too much. Characters will give cries and battle grunts as they fight, similar to Legend of Legaia, in order to make the gameplay more realistic and engaging.

I'm also hoping for some CGI scenes with full voice acting. All the very important scenes should be shown in skippable CGI movies, using the best graphics the system in question has to offer, as well as full scripts that the voice actors will read from. I don't want to sound like a weeaboo, but I'd really prefer the voice actors to be Japanese and, if there is an English translation, for Japanese voices to still be an option that you can change to.

The game will also have a night and day system which will work on a short, fixed clock (similar to many games in the Zelda series), though many scenes will take place at set times. All Wind Seru will work like Doors of Wind (in the overworld) and Doors of Light (in dungeons and towns), consuming a very small amount of MP (around 5 or so) in that use. Incense will be available much earlier than they were in Legend of Legaia. Lastly, the game will force the player to save just before entering the final saga of the story (just before fighting the main villain on Morhaku Island), and it will force them to save it on a different file than the main data, since the player sort of reaches a point of no return at said point.

Arts
Basically the same as Legend of Legaia. Every character will have X amount of Arts. Standard Arts can be picked up from NPCs and books (or simply online), Hyper Arts must be learned from special books, Super Arts combine certain attacks, and Miracle Arts can be learned as soon as you have enough room in your Agility bar.

However, I'd like to add a new Art to the mix, Ultra Arts. These Arts are made by combining Hyper Arts with each other. They're more powerful than Super Arts but less powerful than Miracle Arts. They'll also eat up AP like no one's business (I'm talking high 80's, low 90's).

Additionally, both Super Arts and Ultra Arts will be recorded, unlike Super Arts with Legend of Legaia. The default listing will be: Miracle Arts, Ultra Arts, Super Arts, Hyper Arts, Standard Arts, and those in turn will be listed in order of AP-consumption and Agility bar-requirement. Like Legend of Legaia, this order can be customized according to the player's taste, but there will be a “return-to-default” option just to make things easier.

Because of the length of the game, I'm also hoping to include more Hyper Arts. Each character will probably end up with five Hyper Arts each. Also because of the length of the game, perhaps the Agility bar could be increased, say to ten or eleven? This would mean that Miracle Arts would be extended too, of course. This might be necessary because, though I'm not good with probabilities, I'm not sure if it'll be possible to give every character and every character's art a different combination with a lower Agility bar.

Seru & Ra-Seru
Seru and Ra-Seru will return in this game. Again, I don't really have too many plans to stray from the original formula, since it worked so well.

Each of the heroes will have his or her own Ra-Seru, and that Ra-Seru will allow the character to absorb and use the magic of normal Seru. I'll include all the Seru from Legend of Legaia, spread out at various locations and absorbable for all the Ra-Seru heroes. I'll also be changing Aluru to a Dark-type Seru, because we all know that it was originally supposed to be that.

In addition, I'll add two or three extra Seru for each attribute, and I'll add however many Metal Seru (see below) would correspond to the other Seru totals. In other words, every attribute will be evenly represented by either five or six different Seru.

The leveling up will change a little and be somewhat more even and predictable. Due to the increased amount of Ra-Seru heroes and absorbable Seru, leveling up will be a little more friendly and speedy, just so those semi-OCD'ers who have to 100% every game (such as myself XD) won't go insane. I'm thinking of something like:

Lv. 1 = default
Lv. 2 = 1 summon
Lv. 3 = 2 summons (total: 3)
Lv. 4 = 2 summons (total: 5)
Lv. 5 = 3 summons (total: 8)
Lv. 6 = 3 summons (total: 11)
Lv. 7 = 4 summons (total: 15)
Lv. 8 = 4 summons (total: 19)
Lv. 9 = 5 summons (total: 24)

For the Ra-Seru, they can be summoned very late into the game (when they would no longer be of much use, basically) for massively-damaging, MP-draining attacks, but I'd like to add some use for them before that with a small new mechanic:

Ra-Seru can get skills of their own, similar to characters' Arts but less refined. Basically, every Ra-Seru can learn three attacks each at various points in the game, and these attacks can be used in battle by the characters. So, in other words, the Ra-Seru won't be summoned into battle, but the characters will be able to borrow their power to perform powerful pseudo-Arts.

These pseudo-Arts will be recorded in the Seru bar, rather than the Arts bar, and I'm picturing the Agility-bar turning a different color during these attacks, signifying the power of the Ra-Seru. Unlike normal Seru, the Ra-Seru's pseudo-Arts do not level up upon use; rather, they level up upon the Ra-Seru being powered up at various points in the game through the use of Genesis Trees.

Seru & Ra-Seru attributes
As you know, Seru have seven attributes (elements): Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Thunder, Light and Dark. All elements resist themselves, and a couple of them are strong against other ones. For example, Water is strong against Fire, and Fire does very little to Water.

Additionally, if the the Ra-Seru hero's attribute matches the attribute of the Seru he/she is using, it will do extra damage. On the other hand, if the Seru's attribute is strong against the attribute of the Ra-Seru hero, it will do less damage. For example, Vahn, who is Fire-elemental, does a lot of damage with Fire Seru but very poor damage with Water Seru. I will also be adding another Seru to this game to counterpart Thunder: Metal.

In this game, I'd like to refine the attributes a little and make things more balanced. Like Legend of Legaia, every Seru will resist itself. Or, every Seru except Light and Dark (which I'll get to in a minute). Additionally, there will be a chain-like attribute chart, wherein one Seru will be strong against another Seru and weak against another Seru, and this will continue on in an endless chain. This chain will be:

Wind ---> Earth ---> Water ---> Fire ---> Metal ---> Thunder ---> Wind

Light and Dark Seru will hit each other very hard, making them both strong and weak against each other:

Light <---> Dark

Every attribute will be represented with one of the eight Ra-Seru heroes, with the Light and Dark heroes being slightly more anti-hero-like in nature.

Armor, Weapons and Accessories
Not much to say here. There'll be new Armor, Weapons and Accessories, of course, and I imagine a lot of Accessories and maybe even some Weapons and Armor will be returning from Legend of Legaia. Armor and Weapons will increase some stats as long as they're worn/held, and Accessories will offer all kinds of different effects, from stat-increases to status-aliment-protectors.

Speaking of which, status aliments will obviously return from Legend of Legaia. I see them as being more or less the same as before, but maybe a few could added or refined. I'm open to suggestions and ideas.

Story gameplay
So as to better introduce the player to the characters, the Ra-Seru heroes will at first be split up into four groups: two groups of three and two loners.

The first part of the game sees one of the three-member groups meeting, joining up and exploring two regions. The second part of the game will be set chronologically at the same time as the first part, though it will be played after the first, and will see the second of the three-member groups joining up and exploring two more regions. The two loners will encounter both groups at different times, being either an enemy or an anti-hero.

After that, the two groups of three will meet and join together. From there, they'll go on to explore several more regions. Before long, both loners will also join them. This will hopefully give players enough time to adjust to all the different characters, as well as set the foundation to give every character the focus, back-story, character development and relationships with other characters they need.

As the players are exploring the regions, they will be confronted several times by the main villain's followers (but never the main villain himself), just like Legend of Legaia. Eventually, all the villain's followers will be either killed or converted, but the length of the storyline will hopefully give every villain's follower the screen-time and character development they deserve; the lack of focus and screen-time for most of the villains was one of my only complaints about Legend of Legaia.

For more info on the plot, see the Story category.

UNIVERSE EXTENSIONS
Time
In my variation of Legaia, there are 16 months - 8 from the in-game canon and 8 that I came up with myself. Each month has 23 days, except for Yoake Moon and Hakubo Moon, which have 22 days each. This means years in the Legaia universe are 366 days long, similar to earth but without the leap year-complications. 100 years on earth would be roughly 100 years and 25 days in the Legaia universe.

All the months (both canon and fan-made) are three kana symbols long and are real words in Japanese, relating to things like color, the land, elements, weather, etc. I pretty much just ordered them randomly, except that I put Yoake Moon at the beginning and Hakubo Moon at the end, since the words mean dawn and dusk respectively.

Yoake Moon (よあけ月) / Dawn Month
Minori Moon (みのり月) / Harvest Month
Hinata Moon (ひなた月) / Sunny Month
Haruka Moon (はるか月) / Distant Month
Kogane Moon (こがね月) / Gold Month
Hibiki Moon (ひびき月) / Echo Month
Yukiyo Moon (ゆきよ月) / Snowy Month
Aoba Moon (あおば月) / Blue Leaf Month
Hokage Moon (ほかげ月) / Firelight Month
Sakura Moon (さくら月) / Cherry Blossom Month
Oboro Moon (おぼろ月) / Dim Month
Akagi Moon (あかぎ月) / Red Tree Month
Kohaku Moon (こはく月) / Amber Month
Amayo Moon (あまよ月) / Rainy Month
Hikari Moon (ひかり月) / Light Month
Hakubo Moon (はくぼ月) / Dusk Month

Environment
In my variation of Legaia, the world is massive. Aside from the three regions from Legend of Legaia, which will return here, there are eight additional ones, bringing the total of regions up to eleven. They are ordered in the following: the two regions that the first group of three explores, the two regions that the second group of three explores, and all the regions they and the two other heroes explore together.

I'm very hazy on the geographic details of the regions, even on how the three returning regions have changed over the years, and the regions are not in a linear, one-after-the-other fashion but spread out all over the place. All I know is that there will be plenty of towns, caves, forests and lakes. Anyone who's good at designing overworlds and such and/or who is good at drawing maps, your help is very welcomed. :) Once a basic outline and design of the overworld has been made, I will be hiring an artist of mine to draw it more professionally.

Kurusai Kingdom (クルサイ群島)
Jicodaz Island (ジコダズ島)
Rutiwo Kingdom (ルティヲ群島)
Nimaira Region (ニマイラ地方)
Drake Kingdom (ドルク王領)
Ghatula Region (ギャトゥラ地方)
Shin'tomu Kingdom (シントム群島)
Sebucus Islands (セブクス群島)
Iota Region (アイオタ地方)
Lequara Islands (レクワラ群島)
Karisto Kingdom (カリスト皇国)

CHARACTERS
Heroes
Like I said, this game will feature eight Ra-Seru heroes, with two groups of three meeting up separately before joining together, and then two loners (formally an anti-hero and an enemy) also joining the party.

The characters and their histories/personalities/relationships are pretty much planned out, but they're open to change. I also have their basic appearances in mind, what with the genders, ages, heights and weights sorted, but things like clothes, hair style, hair color, eye color and skin color are still a bit foggy. Once I'm more clear on their appearances, I'll be hiring my artist to draw them.

For the characters' histories, see the Story category.

Name: Lief Yuskoth (リーフ・ユスコス Leef Yuskoth)
Birthday: Kogane Moon, 5
Laterality: Right-handed
Height & weight: 5'0" (152 cm), 102 lbs (46 kg)
Hometown: Ocupald
Ra-Seru: Ignys (イグニス)
Element: Fire (火)
Preferred weapon: Swords, knives
Strength: Balanced
Weakness: Balanced
Info: Lief is the main protagonist of the game. He's quite similar to Vahn in personality, being somewhat quiet and soft-spoken but possessing a strong sense of justice and love for his friends and family. Unlike Vahn, he actually has a voice and speaks occasionally. He's noted as being quite mature for his age in that he rarely loses his temper and gets along with most people very well. On the battlefield, he's a balanced fighter, but he prefers swords and knives as weapons.

Also like Vahn, Lief grew up in a small, remote village (though unlike Vahn, he did journey outside the village occasionally due to the world now being rid of the Mist). His best friends are Yuuna and Ren, two girls his age whom he grew up with and who are both secretly in love with him. Lief also has a strong bond with his Ra-Seru, Ignys, trusting him completely and never questioning his loyalty.

Additionally, he gets along with everyone in the party, even with the less friendly Cort and Songi, and is easily accepted as the group's leader (though Lucas took some more time to do so). He is closest with Fillis, Torma and Ren, since he knew them the longest and is able to relate to them more easily. He also grows quite fond of Kelrina late into the game, thinking of her as the little sister he never had.

Name: Fillis Aurium (フィリス・アウリアム Phillis Aurium)
Birthday: Hinata Moon, 17
Laterality: Left-handed
Height & weight: 5'1" (155 cm), 95 lbs (43 kg)
Hometown: Mintona
Ra-Seru: Aggua (アグア)
Element: Water (水)
Preferred weapon: Tonfa, knives
Strength: SPD, AGL
Weakness: HP, LDF
Info: Fillis is a sweet and maternal young girl who becomes Lief's first traveling companion. Similar to him, she rarely butts heads with anyone, but she will speak her mind if she feels someone is making an incorrect decision. Despite her gentle personality, she is surprisingly athletic and abrupt in her style of fighting, being very swift and agile. Her preferred weapons correspond with this. On the flip-side, most of her defenses are very flimsy or mediocre.

Fillis grew up in a medium-sized village not too far from Lief's, but she didn't meet him or Ren before the main story. She was initially a bit skeptical about donning a Ra-Seru, since she'd heard about the horrors of the Mist that had befallen Legaia before she'd been born, but before long she forms a close bond with Aggua and comes to trust her.

She never fights with anyone in the party, although Lucas views her as a bit of a killjoy because of her over-protective nature. She's very close with Torma and Ren, viewing them as older brother- and younger sister-like figures respectively. At the beginning of the game, she seems to have a slight romantic interest in Lief, but she abandons this after she sees how much Lief cares for Yuuna, and her romantic feelings then shift over to Songi. Possibly due to an incident in her childhood, Fillis has a noticeably clingy personality at times, shown most by the way she is so quick to develop feelings for boys.

Name: Torma Vortez (トーマ・ヴォーテズ Tormuh Vortez)
Birthday: Akagi Moon, 3
Laterality: Ambidextrous
Height & weight: 5'10" (178 cm), 177 lbs (80 kg)
Hometown: Clearcreak Forest
Ra-Seru: Lai (ライ)
Element: Thunder (雷)
Preferred weapon: Axes, hammers
Strength: ATK, HP
Weakness: MP, AGL
Info: Torma is a very cheerful, gentle and easygoing young man who becomes Lief's second traveling companion. He gets along with just about everyone he meets and is quick to trust others or offer them second chances. He hates conflict and just wishes everyone would get along. He is very big and strongly-built, possessing excellent attack and endurance, which makes him great at handling large, heavy weapons. On the other hand, though he is not slow, he is not very agile or good at handling magic.

Torma grew up with a group of traveling hunters, the reason for his impressive bulk and fighting skills. He is a respected member of the hunting group since, despite his gentle and merciful nature, he's one of the best hunters around. Like Lief, he doesn't have any misgivings about pairing up with a Ra-Seru, as he's willing to do anything to protect others, so he and Lai bond very quickly.

In accordance with his personality, Torma is a friend to all in the party, as no one within it really has a bad thing to say about him. He quickly becomes friends with Lief and Fillis upon joining them, and once Ren's group merges with them, befriends them easily as well. Even Cort and Songi, who both start out as enemies or near-enemies of the party, are pretty quick to warm to Torma, especially when he tries to keep the peace by defending their past actions.

Name: Ren Mayles (レン・メーレズ Rheng Mayles)
Birthday: Sakura Moon, 12
Height & weight: 4'11" (150 cm), 89 lbs (40 kg)
Hometown: Ladina
Ra-Seru: Ram (ジン)
Element: Metal (金)
Preferred weapon: Claws, boots
Strength: Balanced
Weakness: Balanced
Info: Ren is a hyperactive and snarky tomboy who, in sharp contrast with Lief, is very loud, immature and prone to making enemies. However, she is very protective of the people she loves and thinks that a peaceful, happy world is better than a harsh, unhappy one. She is very quick to speak her mind, even at the risk of hurting someone's feelings, but deep down she does care for her friends. Like Lief, she's a balanced fighter, but she's best at fighting with her near-bare hands and feet. As a result, she uses hand- and feet-improving gear in battle rather than outright weapons.

Ren grew up in the same small village as Lief and was best friends with him and Yuuna since childhood. She has been in love with Lief for as long as she can remember, but deep down she knows that her friend doesn't feel that way about her. In truth, Lief shows more interest in Yuuna, but Ren refuses to acknowledge this outside of occasionally showing slight jealousy towards Yuuna, despite liking her very much. Ren set out on her journey only a day after Lief left on his, and though she takes a little longer to grow attached to her Ra-Seru, Jinn, the two eventually become good friends.

Ren butts heads often with other members of the party. Though she grows close with Lief, Fillis and Torma, she is one of the few people who can actually get the former two riled up. She views Fillis as an older sister of sorts, respecting and looking up to her, while she thinks of Kelrina and Lucas as younger siblings; she traveled with the two for quite some time before joining Lief's group, and in that time she grew very protective and fond of them, despite often wearying of their naive, babyish personalities. She strongly dislikes and distrusts both Cort and Songi, who in turn do not think much of her either, and the three are constantly expressing these feelings aloud.

Name: Kelrina (ケルリナ Culrina), Lucy Gastenfle (ルーシー・ガステンフル)
Birthday: Amayo Moon, 8
Height & weight: 4'8" (142 cm), 77 lbs (35 kg)
Hometown: Feryak
Ra-Seru: Ventoh (ヴェントー)
Element: Wind (風)
Preferred weapon: Spears, sticks
Strength: ATK, SPD
Weakness: MP, UDF
Info: Kelrina is a sweet and innocent young girl who wears her emotions on her sleeve, whether they're happy or sad. She hardly ever gets angry and finds it very hard to think badly of anyone. In a word, she's naive. Unlike Lucas though, Kelrina is also quite smart, having taught herself to read by studying discarded books. She prefers to fight with spears and sticks - cave-like weapons - and has very high attack and speed. Her magic and upper-defense are quite bad though.

Kelrina and Lucas were orphaned as babies, their parents having been killed while trying to flee a fearsome war. Luckily, they were taken in and raised by a tribe of friendly Piura. As such, the kids are quite ignorant about how the world works and how people are supposed to act in social situations, similar to Noa from Legend of Legaia. Due to her trusting and happy personality, Kelrina gets along easily with her Ra-Seru, Ventoh, looking up to her as a sort of mentor.

Kelrina is very close to Lucas, thinking of him as both a younger and older brother at the same time. Other people in the party she is close to include Ren, who treats Kelrina a lot like a younger sister, and Lief, whom she grows close to later in the game and begins to really respect as a leader. She likes Fillis and Torma, since they're nice to her, but she never really becomes super-close with them. Cort and Songi both view Kelrina, along with Lucas, as ignorant kids, though they do eventually accept them as valuable members of the team. For her part, Kelrina doesn't dislike Cort or Songi, but she doesn't exactly like them either.

Name: Lucas (ルカス Lucus), Aaron Leenald (アロン・リーナルド)
Birthday: Yukiyo Moon, 20
Height & weight: 3'11" (119 cm), 55 lbs (25 kg)
Hometown: Feryak
Ra-Seru: Urder (アーダー)
Element: Earth (地)
Preferred weapon: Clubs, maces
Strength: ATK, INT
Weakness: UDF, LDF
Info: Lucas is a proud, often-aggressive young boy who likes to fight or yell first, ask questions later. He will make enemies with anyone who questions his ideas or strength. He's quite short for his age, and he's very sensitive about this. He's also very emotionally reserved in that he doesn't like to show fear or sadness, and he hasn't cried in years, thinking it weak. Unlike Kelrina, Lucas is not the brightest person in the world, and he can barely read at all past what Kelrina taught him. Despite his small size and stature though, Lucas is quite strong from being raised in the wilderness, and his weapons of choice tend to be large things like clubs. His attack stats are his strong point, but he has pitiful defense, both from being wide open and from having such a small body.

Like Kelrina, Lucas was orphaned as a baby when his and Kelrina's parents, in the midst of fleeing a war, sacrificed themselves to hide and protect their children. The two babies were then taken in by a tribe of Piura, who raised them lovingly (if not a little ferally). Like Kelrina, Lucas is abnormally ignorant about social customs and basic human ways, and unlike Kelrina (and Noa), he's not particularly interested in learning about them. He would prefer the world to be simple and straightforward, like the one he knows, and the fact that it isn't proves to be a constant annoyance to him. He gets along a lot better with animals than he does people, and maybe because of this, he takes to his Ra-Seru, Urder, surprisingly quickly.

Due to his personality, Lucas clashes with most of the members of the party except Kelrina, whom he is obviously very close to and feels quite protective of. Though he eventually becomes very good friends with Ren, Lucas did not warm to her straight away, thinking her bossy and mean. He also took some time to accept Lief as the leader when the latter's group joined up with Ren's. He never seemed to have a problem with Torma, and despite initially viewing Fillis as a bit of a killjoy, he likes her, even calling her one of the nicest people he's ever met at one point. Cort and Songi, on the other hand, Lucas dislikes with a passion (especially the latter), and even when the group eventually puts all its differences aside, Lucas never really befriends either of them. One other thing to note about Lucas's relationships with others is that he's fond of using nicknames. Except for Lief and Ren (whose names are so short already), Lucas calls every other member of the party, even Cort and Songi, by shortened versions of their original names.

Name: Cort Conkram (コート・コンクラム Cauxt Conkram)
Birthday: Yoake Moon, 1
Height & weight: 6'0" (183 cm), 170 lbs (77 kg)
Hometown: Buma
Ra-Seru: Solus (ソラス)
Element: Light (光)
Preferred weapon: Staffs, scepters
Strength: MP, INT
Weakness: ATK, SPD
Info: Cort is the reincarnation of the original villain from Legend of Legaia and is Noa's younger brother and foster son. He is very cold and aloof, but he has a strong sense of loyalty and justice as well. Knowing about and loathing his past self, Cort doesn't like to get too close to people in case he ends up hurting them (either physically or emotionally). He also has a difficult time trusting people, and as such he never had a close friend in his life before joining Lief's group.

Cort was raised by Noa in Buma, and she proved to be one of the few people Cort really cared about and would speak openly to, even though the two still had their differences. Cort originally joins with his Ra-Seru, Solus, for mutual gain on both their parts, but over the course of the game he slowly warms to him, though he's probably the least close with his Ra-Seru overall, especially as he's not very fond of Seru in general.

Cort's lonely, often-harsh personality causes him to be very distant with the rest of the party initially. Even after he comes to trust and even care about his companions, he never becomes particularly close with any of them. In fact, until very late into the game, Cort doesn't even call any of the others by names but only by assigned titles, before slowly moving on to last names and finally first names. He has a quiet respect for Lief as his leader, and he doesn't seem to mind Torma or Fillis either, as they never really cross him. He tolerates Kelrina and Lucas but adamantly dislikes Ren, with whom he clashes often. He positively loathes Songi, calling him “parasite” and making it no secret that he detests him. Even when the two eventually develop a kind of empathy and respect for each other, they never officially become friends.

Name: Songi Denoir (ソンギ・デノーア Songhi Denoir)
Birthday: Hokage Moon, 7
Height & weight: 5'11" (180 cm), 182 lbs (83 kg)
Hometown: Biron Monastery
Ra-Seru: Jedo (ジェド) (L, D), Adum (アダム) (D)
Element: Dark (闇)
Preferred weapon: Gloves, sickles
Strength: ATK, SPD
Weakness: MP, INT
Info: Songi is an undead former follower of Morgok who was brought back to life with the necromancer's magic. Outwardly, he is very selfish, arrogant and indifferent to the suffering of others, but deep down he has some more admirable traits that slowly reveal themselves throughout the course of the game. In addition, he is terrified of death, due to his own demise in the past, and as such is strongly against putting himself at risk. Due to being undead, Songi cannot do a lot of organic things, such as breathe, bleed, cry, sleep or eat. He prefers to fight with his bare fists, modifying them with things like gloves and sickles to inflict more damage. Due to being raised on such a strict training routine, he is very strong and fast, as well as average in terms of agility and taking hits. However, because he loathes and fears most Seru, he is terrible at using Magic.

Originally an enemy to not only the new Ra-Seru heroes but the old ones as well, Songi eventually leaves Morgok and joins Lief and Ren's combined group. He does this, not because he wants to help protect the world, but because he has no wish to serve anyone, including Morgok, and is too cowardly to go against his enemies alone. In addition, he also desires revenge against the necromancer for daring to think he could control him. Because of his feelings for Seru, particularly Ra-Seru, Songi is the slowest to warm to his Ra-Seru, Adum, but they do eventually grow to trust and care about each other.

Songi makes it no secret that he is merely using the party for his own desires, and as such he does not get along with most of them. For a very long time, he doesn't even refer to any of the party members by name but instead uses insulting or indirect terms. Ren, Lucas and Cort express their disgust and skepticism of him constantly, while Kelrina and Lief remain fairly indifferent to him, accepting him as a necessary member of the group but not really ever depending on or bonding with him. Only Fillis and Torma ever really show kindness to him, due to their ever-kind and patient personalities, and though Songi does eventually reciprocate, it takes him a very long time to do so. He and Cort, originally heated rivals, also form a grudging respect and empathy for each other late into the game, but they never really become friends.

Villains
Like Legend of Legaia, this game will have a main villain who mostly stays out of sight and in the shadows until near the end of the game. Also like Legend of Legaia's main villain, the main villain in this game will have several followers who will encounter the Ra-Seru heroes at different times and cause trouble under the orders of their leader.

The main villain is a sort of necromancer, someone who can control the dead. With his powers, he brings back all the villains from Legend of Legaia from the the the the, then proceeds to command them. With this, I hope to bring some more attention and character development to many of the under-shown villains from Legend of Legaia (as well as bring back Songi, who is awesome <3). The necromancer will also have a few original followers of his own. Each villain, both old and new, has his or her own reasons for following the main villain. Also like Legend of Legaia, one of the villain's followers will only be following him in order to pursue his own ideals, and that villain will end up being much more threatening.

Note that I would've liked to have brought Gaza back too, since he was a really under-shown and awesome character, but since his spirit is merged with a Genesis Tree, I'm not sure it'd work. :/

Unlike the main characters, I haven't refined these characters too much. I haven't added their basic info to their profiles yet, but I plan to do so very soon. Here's what I have so far:

Name: Morgok Dalan (モーゴク・ダラン Morgoku Daluhn)
Birthday: Hokage Moon, 3
Height & weight: 6'0" (183 cm), 172 lbs (78 kg)
Hometown: Mince
Info:

Name: Jorein Dalan (ジョレイン・ダラン Joreign Daluhn)
Birthday: Yukiyo Moon, 10
Height & weight: 6'4" (193 cm), 216 lbs (98 kg)
Hometown: Mince
Info:

Name: Sylkia Ignerth (シルキア・イグナース Silkia Ignerth)
Birthday: Hikari Moon, 6
Height & weight: 5'7" (170 cm), 135 lbs (61 kg)
Hometown: Koramu Forest
Element: Wind (風)
Info:

Name: Gurdeth Dravor (ガーディス・ドレーヴォー Gurdithe Dravor)
Birthday: Aoba Moon, 16
Height & weight: 5'10" (178 cm), 155 lbs (70 kg)
Hometown: Ocupald
Element: Metal (金)
Info:

Name: Alaz (アラズ Aluz)
Birthday: Oboro Moon, 5
Laterality: Ambidextrous
Height & weight: 4'0" (122 cm), 117 lbs (53 kg)
Hometown: The Seru-kai
Info:

Name: Jette Rheynis (ジッツ・レーネス Jittsu Rheynis)
Info:

Name: Zeto Orzage (ゼトー・オーゼージ Xetau Orzage)
Element: Water (水)
Info:

Name: Zora Iltona (ゾラ・イルトナ Xolla Iltona)
Info:

Name: Gi Delilas (ギ・デリラ Gea Delila)
Element: Fire (火) (L, D), Metal (金) (D), Light (光) (D)
Info:

Name: Lu Delilas (ル・デリラ Le Delila)
Element: Wind (風) (L, D), Water (水) (D), Dark (闇) (D)
Info:

Name: Che Delilas (チェ・デリラ Ce Delila)
Element: Thunder (雷) (L, D), Earth (地) (D)
Info:

Name: Dohati de Levathis (ドハティ・デ・レヴァシス Dohatey de Levathis)
Info:

Name: Xain (ブルテリオ Bullterio)
Element: Earth (地)
Info:

Name: Rogu Cormoz (ロッグ・コーモズ)
Birthday: Sakura Moon, 19
Height & weight: 5'11" (180 cm), 155 lbs (70 kg)
Hometown: Jeremi
Element: Fire (火)
Info:

Name: Kuges Oukiru (クゲス・オウキル)
Birthday: Akagi Moon, 8
Height & weight: 5'11" (180 cm), 166 lbs (75 kg)
Hometown: Gizella
Info:

Supporting
There will be a reasonable amount of supporting characters, including the main characters from the previous game (who have, of course, grown up a lot in the twenty-year gap between now and then). These characters either help the main characters in their quest in some way or else provide emotional or family support for them. Vahn, Noa and Gala will return from Legend of Legaia, along with several other characters. I won't go into much detail about them though. I'll just list whom I plan to have with a tiny description:

Vahn Bravier, one of the Ra-Seru heroes from Legend of Legaia, is now 34 and living in Rim Elm. He's possibly married to Mei with two children, depending on choices the player makes at the start of the game. Vahn becomes playable for a short time very late into the game.

Noa Conkram, one of the Ra-Seru heroes from Legend of Legaia, is now 32 and originally lived in Buma with Cort before the two fell out and she moved to Underground Octam to take care of Kina's daughter, Naki. Noa becomes playable for a short time very late into the game.

Gala Denoir, one of the Ra-Seru heroes from Legend of Legaia, is now 38 and living in the Biron Monastery. He's the leader of the monastery, the widower of Eliza and the father of two children. Gala becomes playable for a short time very late into the game.

Mei Bravier/Faln, Vahn's love interest from Legend of Legaia, is now 35 and living in Rim Elm. Depending on the player's choices at the start of the game, she's either married to Vahn or Ixis. She has two children, fathered by either of the aforementioned two.

Ixis Faln, Vahn's childhood friend and potential rival for Mei's affections from Legend of Legaia, is now 33 and living in Rim Elm. He's possibly married to Mei with two children, depending on choices the player makes at the start of the game.

Nene Bravier, Vahn's younger sister, is now 27 (estimate) and living in Rim Elm.

Eliza Denoir, Gala's wife who died before the main story and who moved from Ratayu to the Biron Monastery, would've been 34 (estimate). She had two children with Gala.

Cara Engem, a crafty but very kindhearted woman who helped the Ra-Seru heroes in Legend of Legaia, is now 47 and living in Buma. She's married to Grantes with several children.

Grantes Engem, a once-disgraced former Soren, is now 49 (estimate) and living in Buma. He's married to Cara with several children. He's the younger brother of Luctes.

Luctes Engem, a former Soren, is now 51 and living in Sol. He's the older brother of Grantes.

Dr. Usha, a wise and very old doctor and brilliant researcher, lives in Usha Research Center with his wife.

The Grandios Family consists of Zalan, a renowned jeweler, Yuma, Zalan's deceased wife, Pepe, Zalan and Yuma's son, Kina, Pepe's deceased wife, and Naki, Pepe and Kina's daughter. Zalan lives in Jeremi with Pepe, who is taking care of him while he recovers from an illness, while Naki lives in Underground Octam with Noa, an old friend of her parents'.

Yuuna Rigell, a childhood friend of Lief and Ren, Lief's love interest and Ren's rival for Lief's affections, is 15 and lives in Ladina with her mother. Her father is Jorein Dalan, who had a brief relationship with her mother. Jorein, desperate to get to know his daughter once he learns of her, has his colleague kidnap her. This is what spurs Lief and Ren to go on their journeys in the first place.

King Piura is the leader of a kindly Piura tribe who takes in the orphaned Kelrina and Lucas as babies. He and his tribe live in a cave in Tenma Forest. He doesn't speak English and is quite wary of and hostile towards humans who aren't Kelrina or Lucas.

Lord Saraju lives in Ratayu. He is the son of Lord Saryu from Legend of Legaia and the leader of Ratayu.

Evagore Mystic, a powerful sorcerer and scholar, is 20 and lives in Underground Octam. He takes to Seru and their powers very quickly, wanting to use them to make the world a better place for humanity.

Urchin Ops, a sweet young woman, was 25 and lived in Rumero. She and several of her fellow villagers were taken hostage along with Fillis by Rogu and his gang of thieves. She was killed in the ensuing struggle.

Kelvin Splicer, Fillis's kind former childhood friend, is 14 and lived in Mintona. He moved away to an undisclosed location after an argument with Fillis caused him to storm off in anger and become seriously injured.

Vi Bravier/Fahn and Luna Bravier/Fahn are 15 and 10 respectively, and they live in Rim Elm. Their mother is Mei, and their father is either Vahn or Ixis, depending on choices the player makes at the start of the game. Vi is very brave but brash while Luna is quiet and easygoing.

Songi Denoir Jr. and Maya Denoir Jr. are 17 and 11 respectively, and they live in the Biron Monastery. Their mother is the deceased Eliza, and their father is Gala. Songi Jr. is named after Gala's deceased former childhood friend and foster brother while Maya is named after Gala's deceased foster mother. Songi Jr. is solemn like his father but has a slight sense of humor like his namesake, and Maya Jr. is nurturing but slightly boisterous like her namesake.

STORY (WARNING: LENGTH!)
Back-story
In the beginning, there was Tieg, and Tieg was everything. He created the heavens, the earth and the seas. After creating all things in the universe, including the land of Legaia, He created humans to rule over the world. Yet, while possessing the wisdom of Tieg, humans were physically weaker than wild beasts, and impulsive in spirit. Many times did the humans come close to dying out forever.

Meanwhile, Tieg divided Himself into two - His human-half and His Seru-half. Tieg also divided the world into two: the human world and the Seru-kai. To protect the two worlds, He placed several Genesis Trees in the human world and a Mother Genesis Tree in the Seru-kai. To govern the Seru-kai, He chose a small group of Seru and gave them special Ra-Seru power. Shortly after, a corrupted Ra-Seru known as Rogue plotted behind Tieg's back, causing many Seru to escape from the Seru-kai and enter the human world. Through this, the humans came into possession of the Seru and began using their powers to benefit their own lives, for better or worse.

For some time, the Seru lived together with humans, always obeying them, and making the humans many times stronger than before. When not worn by a human, a Seru looks much like a stone figure, but upon touching a human, a Seru changes form and gives that human secret abilities. With a Seru, a human can lift objects heavier than itself and even fly in the air at will. However, that era eventually came to an end.

Appearing from out of nowhere, the Mist covered the land, bringing to an end the prosperous symbiosis between humans and Seru. After the thick Mist came, the Seru, who once obeyed humans, rebelled against them and began attacking humans at will. Seru that attached themselves to humans controlled their minds and turned them into evil beasts.

Human civilization almost collapsed, and for more than twelve years, humanity teetered on the edge of extinction. For a long time, no one knew where the Mist had come from or how to stop it. But then, out of the ruins of despair, there rose three brave heroes who, through the will of Tieg, joined together with Ra-Seru and used their strength to drive away the Mist little by little.

Overcoming many trials and hardships, the three heroes, Vahn Bravier, Noa Conkram and Gala Denoir, managed to defeat the evil Disciples of the Mist and restore order to the world. Despite this, however, the Seru-kai, and Tieg along with it, was destroyed, leaving the humans, who had only just recovered from the influence of the Mist, to live without the aid of the Seru on which they had relied for so long.

Twenty years later, humanity is slowly beginning to learn how to live without the aid of the Seru. Upon saving the world, the three heroes harvested and planted Genesis Tree seeds all over Legaia in case the Mist ever returned, and these seeds have now all grown into full-sized trees, though without Tieg the power of the sacred trees has somewhat weakened.
Last edited by nicoleb on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rammerrush
Level 100

Re: Nicole's Epic (and Long) Legend of Legaia Sequel Ideas (

Post by Rammerrush » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:43 am

genitals
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

nicoleb
Level 8

Post by nicoleb » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:44 am

Main story
The story begins with evil sorcerer Morgok Dalan, along with his younger brother, Jorein Dalan, and two loyal followers Sylkia Ignerth and Gurdeth Dravor. Morgok is a powerful magician with an obsessive fascination with control and death who is working on a way to gain domination of the world by resurrecting Tieg. Using his dark powers and sacrificing Kuges Oukiru, a nearby villager his colleagues had tricked into accompanying them, Morgok manages to use evil magic to bring back the deity and, along with Him, the Seru-kai.

A few months later in the small town of Ladina, located in the remote region of Kurusai, a young girl named Yuuna Rigell travels to the nearby Yurald Town to run some errands and doesn't return. Her friends, reserved boy Lief Yuskoth and loud tomboy Ren Mayles, go to search for her and soon find her being terrorized by Alaz, a Dark Seru known as a Puera, who works for Morgok. They are able to defeat it, but it still manages to escape, taking Yuuna with it.

An urgent meeting between Ladina and Yurald is called, and Lief and Ren learn that Seru have reportedly been appearing all over Legaia for the past few months. No one in the remote areas where Lief, Ren and Yuuna live believed the rumors, but now that they have seen it with their own eyes, it's impossible to deny, particularly for the older residents, as they personally remember Seru from their younger days.

Back in Ladina, Lief, desperate to save Yuuna, finds Ignys, a Fire Ra-Seru, by his town's Genesis Tree. The Ra-Seru promises to help him find his friend as long as Lief will help him in turn. He tells him very little to begin with, save that he needs a host in order to travel and find his fellow Ra-Seru. If he does this, Ignys says, they will be able to stand up to the villains who kidnapped Yuuna.

Lief agrees and attempts to slip away from his town unnoticed in the night, only to be stopped by Ren, who demands he take her with him. Lief manages to ditch her, feeling somewhat guilty about doing so, and begins traveling Kurusai Kingdom per Ignys's instructions. While doing so, he meets a sweet, maternal girl called Fillis Aurium and a kindly, eccentric hunter named Torma Vortez, who join Lief in his travels after acquiring Ra-Seru of their own: Fillis finds Aggua, a Water Ra-Seru, and Torma finds Lai, a Thunder Ra-Seru.

It is soon revealed to the player that Morgok used his newly-obtained necromantic powers to bring back several of the villains from Legend of Legaia, both to join his planned army of undead and to give him advice on how to manipulate and modify the Seru. Morgok demonstrated his authority and ruthlessness to his new followers when two of the many he brought back, greedy scientist Dohati de Levathis and his loyal follower, an Earth Ra-Seru called Xain, attempted to betray him and gain power of their own. In retaliation, Morgok slaughtered them without mercy, in the process scaring those who had not yet decided to follow him into obedience. Throughout the whole game, several cut-scenes with Morgok and his followers, and how they interact with each other, are periodically shown, so that the player gets a better idea of what they're up against.

Lief and his companions travel through Kurusai Kingdom and Jicodaz Island, exploring many areas while fighting off both feral Seru monsters and several of Morgok's followers who attempt to interfere with them. The most consistent encounters they have are with a mysterious swordsman, who seems to want to both help and hinder them at the same time, and Songi Denoir, one of the main villains from Legend of Legaia, now brought back with Morgok's magic and working for him. In addition, they run into Gi, Lu and Che, the three Delilas siblings who were also brought back to life by Morgok, and are forced to fight them in three one-on-one matches (Lief vs Gi, Fillis vs Lu, and Torma vs Che).

In both Kurusai Kingdom and Jicodaz Island, Lief's group finds that most of the Seru are coming from places known as Seru Factories, where from Morgok and his followers are attempting to modify and control Seru they take from the Seru-kai with science and magic. Because of this, the feral Seru are raiding towns and attacking and possessing people, much like the Mist-infected Seru did twenty years ago. It takes the power of the newly-grown Genesis Trees to drive away the Seru, and only stimulation by the heroes' Ra-Seru has the power to bring full life to the sacred trees. After awakening the Genesis Trees, Lief and his companions are able to destroy the Seru Factories in Kurusai Kingdom and Jicodaz Island and travel to the nearby Drake Kingdom, whereupon the gameplay switches over to Ren back in Kurusai Kingdom.

Furious at Lief for giving her the slip and wanting to save Yuuna herself, Ren sets out on her own journey (taking place at the same time as Lief's). She goes in the opposite direction of him, towards Rutiwo Kingdom, where she meets her own Ra-Seru called Jinn, who is of the Metal element. Jinn tells Ren the same thing Ignys told Lief, and though she is more skeptical about it than Lief was, Ren agrees to pair up with Jinn. She also meets two naive but sweet cave children, Kelrina and Lucas, two orphans being raised by a tribe of Piura led by King Piura. Kelrina and Lucas join Ren and soon find their own Ra-Seru: Kelrina finds Wind Ra-Seru Ventoh while Lucas finds Earth Ra-Seru Urder.

The three travel both Rutiwo Kingdom and Nimaira Region (again, at the same time that Lief, Fillis and Torma are exploring Kurusai Kingdom and Jicodaz Island), battling Seru, purifying Genesis Trees to save towns from feral Seru, destroying Seru Factories and fighting many of Morgok's followers, as well as encountering the mysterious swordsman and Songi many times themselves. Like Lief's group, Ren and her companions also run into the Delilas siblings and are made to battle them in three one-on-one duels (Ren vs Gi, Kelrina vs Lu, and Lucas vs Che).

After this, Ren's group also reaches Drake Kingdom and encounters Lief, Fillis and Torma. They decide to join up, and the Ra-Seru tell them that there are still two more of their allies that they need to find, one of which is located in a small cave near Rim Elm (Vahn's hometown). In the cave, they manage to find a Dark Ra-Seru egg that contains the ally they're looking for, but they are then ambushed by Songi, Alaz and another undead follower of Morgok's, Zeto Orzage, who steal the egg from them.

The mysterious swordsman appears and tries to take back the egg, but Alaz threatens to break it if anyone attempts to come near him. The swordsman still manages to get the egg away from Alaz, but in the struggle it is tossed up into the air before being caught by Songi. Lief and his companions implore Songi to give them the egg while Zeto and Alaz demand he give it to them. Songi appears to yield to his allies for a moment before abruptly turning to Zeto and knocking him unconscious, much to everyone's shock. Alaz flees, and Songi begins to tell Lief and his companions that he has a proposal for them before being interrupted by the swordsman, who slaughters the unconscious Zeto and holds Songi at sword-point.

The swordsman reveals himself to be Cort Conkram, the reincarnation of the man of the same name, the main villain from Legend of Legaia (though he doesn't share this with the others and merely tells them his name). He shows Lief and his companions that he has his own Ra-Seru, a Light one called Solus. Though he doesn't trust it or any other Ra-Seru, he sees the necessity to team up with it in order to achieve his goals. Cort's suspicions of Ra-Seru are also the reason he's been so wary of the Ra-Seru heroes. Cort takes the Ra-Seru egg from Songi and demands he tell them where Morgok is.

Songi tells everyone that he no longer wishes to work for the necromancer, whom he hates for thinking he has the right to control him, and says that he will “help” Lief and his friends on their quest in exchange for them protecting him from Morgok and his other followers. Before anyone can really argue this, the egg Cort is holding hatches to reveal Adum, a Dark Ra-Seru. Adum asks to be paired with Songi, and though Songi is terrified and disgusted by all Seru, when he is told that it is the only way to stand up to Morgok, he reluctantly agrees, and the others are forced to accept him as a member of their group.

Now in a very rocky, hesitant alliance, the eight Ra-Seru heroes continue on their journey in Drake Kingdom. Songi leads them to another one of Morgok's Seru Factories, guarded by Gurdeth. They manage to defeat him, but Gurdeth flees, not before giving them valuable information that there is another Seru Factory in Ghatula Region.

Despite being suspicious, Lief and his companions follow Gurdeth's advice and travel to Ghatula Region, where they must again use the power of the various Genesis Trees throughout the region to drive away and destroy more feral Seru. Once the towns in Ghatula Region are purified, the Ra-Seru heroes head to the Seru Factory, where they run into another undead follower of Morgok, Zora Iltona, whom Songi mercilessly killed in Legend of Legaia. Zora recognizes both Cort and Songi, reacting with (justified) hatred in the case of the latter and mingled love and anger in the case of the former. Zora, however, is now in love with Morgok, feeling indebted to him for bringing her back to life, so she accordingly tries to kill the Ra-Seru heroes, who are forced to kill her in self-defense before going on to destroy the Seru Factory.

Once this is done, Gurdeth reappears and congratulates them for their success. He tells them that there is another factory in Shin'tomu Kingdom before disappearing again. The Ra-Seru heroes are still not sure whether to trust Gurdeth or not, but they follow his direction and go to Shin'tomu Kingdom all the same. There, they do the same thing they did in the previous regions, fighting feral Seru, purifying towns with Genesis Trees, then making their way to the Seru Factory, where due to the complexity of the place, they are unwillingly separated into five groups: Lief and Ren, Fillis and Kelrina, and Torma and Lucas are forced into pairs with each other while Cort and Songi, originally a pair but refusing to team up together, split up and go alone.

While they are separated, each paired group runs into and battles another Delilas sibling: Lief and Ren fight Gi, Fillis and Kelrina fight Lu, and Torma and Lucas fight Che. They are able to beat the siblings again, but upon defeat, the Seru Factory begins to go into a self-destruct warning, leaving everyone inside with only minutes to escape before the entire place blows up: Morgok had fitted the Delilas siblings with weak Seru to fight with that, once destroyed, would cause the bomb he'd rigged inside the factory to explode. Everyone except Cort and Songi reunites inside the factory, then all run for their lives.

Just as they have almost reached the exit, the only bridge covering a shallow but very long pit collapses, leaving them trapped. Che jumps down and uses his immense strength to hold up a makeshift bridge, and his siblings and the six Ra-Seru heroes are able to get over the pit. Che tries to follow them but is unable to get out in time, and he is killed in the resulting explosion. Gi and Lu, distraught at the loss of their brother and furious with Morgok for betraying them, leave, and just as it appears that Cort and Songi met the same fate as Che, the two emerge from the rubble unharmed, having managed to reunite and escape the factory by another exit.

Once again, Gurdeth appears and gives the Ra-Seru heroes advice on where to go next: the Sebucus Islands, where another Seru Factory is. Though Lief and the others try to get answers from him, he disappears before they can, leaving the heroes with little choice but to trust his words. Once they reach the Sebucus Islands and rid a few towns of Seru with the Genesis Trees, Lief and his companions are caught up in an annual festival in the town of Ratayu. The Ra-Seru heroes need to get to the islands past the west gate of Ratayu in order to take down the Sebucus Islands' Seru Factory, but Lord Saraju (the son of lord Saryu from Legend of Legaia) refuses to open the west gate unless some of them participate in the annual festival's play scheduled to show that night, which reenacts the events that took place with Juggernaut, Lord Saryu and the original Ra-Seru heroes.

Lord Saraju demands Fillis play Eliza, the damsel in distress, while Songi plays Evil Saryu, who tried to lure many girls to his stronghold in order to feed their life force to his evil Sim-Seru, Juggernaut. This proposal is made especially uncomfortable by the fact that Songi is required to kiss Fillis in the play, but since there appears to be no other choice, Fillis and Songi reluctantly agree. However, while performing, Songi is thrown off by the boy chosen to play Gala, and he loses it for a moment, attacking the children playing Vahn, Noa and Gala. Though he doesn't injure them seriously, the children are understandably too scared to perform with Songi anymore, and Lord Saraju furiously tells the Ra-Seru heroes that, unless they can get replacements for the injured actors, the deal is off.

Desperate, Lief fills in for Vahn, Ren for Noa, and Torma for Gala, and the play shakily continues. Near the end, a townsman comes running up to Lord Saraju and whispers to him that there are Seru in the town. The Ra-Seru heroes, oblivious to this, continue on with the play, and just as Lord Saraju calls for attention, Songi abruptly and awkwardly kisses Fillis, resulting in mingled amusing reactions. Lief and his companions soon notice the threat and with some difficulty fight off the invading Seru, and Lord Saraju, though calling them “lousy actors,” is grateful and allows them passage through the west gate.

The Ra-Seru heroes reach the Seru Factory but discover it sealed, and they are unsure of how to break the seal. They ask around and discover that the town known as Underground Octam is rumored to have powerful magicians who have been quickly making use of the appearing Seru over the past few months, so they travel there. Cort refuses to go inside the town and instead waits outside, and despite being curious about this, the others do not press the matter. In the town, the heroes split up to search for clues: Lief and Ren, Fillis and Torma, and Kelrina and Lucas in pairs while Songi goes solo (as he likes it).

Lief and Ren manage to find Evagore Mystic, a skilled sorcerer and scholar who agrees to help them by teaching them the appropriate spell. Fillis and Torma learn about how the town has been divided on the matter of using the Seru, with some people wanting to and some not. Kelrina and Lucas don't find out much of anything and soon run into Songi, who also hasn't managed to find out anything useful. A very young girl, Naki Grandios, the daughter of Kina Grandios, offers to help but is mostly ignored. Angered, she attacks the Ra-Seru heroes, knocking Songi down despite barely coming up to his stomach in height.

Upon this, a young woman with bright red hair, who is later revealed to be Noa, emerges from a house and scolds Naki before turning to Songi to apologize. Songi recognizes her straight away and attempts to hide his face, but Kelrina and Lucas unwittingly expose him, calling him by name and uncovering his face. Noa, once she sees Songi and realizes who he is, reacts with shock and fear, and this alerts several of the Underground Octam guards. Songi flees before he can be captured, and Kelrina and Lucas seemingly manage to avoid suspicion by acting like scared, innocent kids.

Kelrina and Lucas reunite with Lief, Fillis, Torma and Ren before the guards and Noa corner them all, having followed the two kids. Noa takes the Ra-Seru heroes to the house she is staying in and discreetly tells them a little about herself. She tells them she lived in Buma, located in Karisto Kingdom, with her brother until recently, when her brother ran away and Kina, an old friend of hers, died of an illness, leaving her child, Naki, motherless. Naki's father, Pepe Grandios, is very busy in the jeweling business and with taking care of Zalan Grandios, his sick father, so he doesn't have a lot of time to look after Naki. Thus, Noa has temporarily moved to Underground Octam in order to take care of the young girl.

Noa then tells them about Songi and his involvement with the Mist twenty years ago. Due to the wishes of Gala and Maya, Songi's participation with the Disciples of the Mist was kept pretty quiet, so not many people know about it. Noa asks the Ra-Seru heroes for their full story, and feeling they can trust her, Lief and his companions tell Noa almost everything (for one thing, they don't tell her they are traveling with Cort). Once they're done, Noa lets them go, telling them that she will keep everything they told her a secret and won't stand in their way, but she warns them to be careful of Songi, as he is a very volatile and traitorous person.

Lief and the others leave Underground Octam and reunite with Cort and Songi in the outside tunnels, and Ren and Lucas, who aside from Cort dislike Songi the most, confront him on what Noa told them. Songi barely reacts and merely reinstates that he is using them for his own personal gain. Cort is disgusted and very nearly duels Songi, but Lief manages to keep the peace, just barely. These arguments clearly alienate and distance many of the members in the party. From then on, whenever the Ra-Seru heroes enter Underground Octam, Cort and Songi refuse to accompany them and wait outside.

The next minute, the Ra-Seru heroes are alerted to a sound deeper in the underground tunnels, and when they go to investigate, they find a group of thieves, led by a man named Rogu Cormoz. The thieves are planning to make an attack on Underground Octam, stealing all its valuables and kidnapping all the women there. Lief and the others confront the thieves and manage to drive them away, but they fail to kill or capture them.

After this, the group finally makes its way back to the Seru Factory, armed with a spell Evagore gave them that is able to break the barrier. Inside the factory, the Ra-Seru heroes once again battle Alaz, who possesses a giant tank-like machine in order to make himself more powerful. Still, they are eventually able to defeat Alaz, who despite being greatly weakened, manages to escape once again. They destroy the Seru Factory and, predictably, Gurdeth appears again to tell them where to go next. This time, he is a little more open, promising to tell them who he really is and what his agenda is if they can destroy the Seru Factories in Iota Region and the Lequara Islands.

The group complies, traveling to Iota Region first and delivering several towns from feral Seru with the power of the Genesis Trees, then going to the Seru Factory. There, they meet Sylkia, a young lady who, like Zora, is in love with Morgok, serving him because he saved her life several years ago and she feels she owes him for it. A few of them try to talk sense into her, but Sylkia refuses to listen and tries to kill them, so Lief and his companions have no choice but to fight back and kill her. Once they destroy the factory, Gurdeth appears and gives them advice on how to reach the Lequara Islands from Iota Region, telling them they must travel by boat, before disappearing for the umpteenth time.

The Ra-Seru heroes manage to get themselves into a small ship's crew and, having endured a dangerous, unpleasant voyage, reach the Lequara Islands. There, they do what they did in the previous regions, purifying towns from feral Seru by stimulating Genesis Trees. During this, they learn that Rumero, a small town in the Lequara Islands, is being terrorized by daily raids from the group of thieves Lief's group first encountered near Underground Octam. During one of these raids, Fillis is captured along with several of the female villagers, and the other Ra-Seru heroes must infiltrate the thieves' stronghold in order to rescue them. Lief and his companions split up into groups to look for Fillis: Lief and Ren in one group, Torma, Kelrina and Lucas in another, and Cort and Songi predictably in groups by themselves.

The characters are all made use of in exploring the stronghold while having to keep out of the thieves' way, making this segment of the game a stealth-sequence. There are no save points along the way, and if any of the groups are caught, it results in an instant game over. While searching the stronghold, Kelrina and Lucas are separated from Torma, who eventually finds and joins Songi, while Kelrina and Lucas reunite with Lief and Ren. Meanwhile, Fillis is worrying for her friends' safety, knowing they'll try to rescue her but not being sure if they'll make it through the stronghold unharmed. While she is waiting, Fillis bonds with fellow prisoner Urchin Ops, a kindly young woman who cheers up many of the other captives with her sweet, optimistic attitude.

The prisoners discover that one of the windows in the cell in which they're being kept has a loose bar, which they're able to pry off. However, the gap this leaves is very small, and only Fillis is able to fit through. Though Fillis is reluctant to leave the others, Urchin tells her that they will be fine and that they will have a better chance if they're able to find some help. Convinced, Fillis leaves, but as she tries to find a way out of the stronghold, she is almost spotted by some sanctuaries and injures her ankle while trying to avoid them.

Before long, Fillis is found by Torma and Songi, who help her through the stronghold while Lief and his group, as well as Cort, presumably look for the other prisoners. Before too long, all the Ra-Seru heroes reunite, Lief's group with Urchin and the other prisoners. But before they can flee, the party is attacked by Rogu and a large group of his followers, and though the Ra-Seru heroes manage to kill Rogu and the other thieves, Urchin is fatally wounded by Rogu in the struggle and dies in Fillis's arms afterwards. Strangely, the heartbroken Fillis turns to Songi for comfort after this, rather than to Lief or Torma, both of whom she is much closer with.

Lief and his companions then go to the Seru Factory, where Jette Rheynis, another undead follower of Morgok, greets them. Though Jette is at first unsettled by Cort, having been the original Cort's most loyal servant before being killed in Legend of Legaia, it doesn't take him long to put his loyalty to Morgok for bringing him back to life ahead of all else, and he berates Songi for not doing the same thing. He is eventually defeated by Lief and his companions; just before he dies, though he doesn't regret his choices, he apologizes to Cort, then tells him and the others to be careful.

The Ra-Seru heroes destroy the Seru Factory, and Gurdeth, once again, appears to them. As promised, he tells them why he works for Morgok and why he's helping them: Morgok, a few years back, sought out Gurdeth's parents, who were rumored to have known something about resurrection magic. However, when the two refused to share their secrets with him, Morgok killed them, leaving Gurdeth an orphan and burning for revenge. Since then, Gurdeth says, he has been pretending to be Morgok's loyal servant when, in reality, he is really looking for a way to avenge his parents.

He tells them that there is a final Seru Factory in Karisto Kingdom, as well as a weak link to Tieg in Uru Mais that Lief and the others might be able to exploit. Though He is being contained and controlled by Morgok, it is possible that Tieg has found some way to project Himself elsewhere, and Uru Mais, the closest link between the human world and the newly-awakened Seru-kai, is the most likely place He would choose. Gurdeth says he wants to continue working undercover by pretending to be loyal to Morgok, but he promises to help Lief's group in any way he can before departing.

The Ra-Seru heroes go to Rumero, as it has a boat service that travels to Karisto Kingdom. They arrive at the town too late in the night to use any of its boats, but they do participate in a small celebration the people are having in commemoration of the town's one-hundredth anniversary. During this, Songi also gruffly tells Lief, who is growing more and more worried about Yuuna, that he's sure Morgok and his followers wouldn't have kidnapped her if they simply intended to kill her, which comforts the boy slightly.

Then, in a rather amusing scene, Torma, Ren, Kelrina and Lucas all get drunk (all but Torma are punished by severe hangovers the next day), and several of the Ra-Seru heroes dance with each other. Despite their late night, the next day the group uses Rumero's boat services to travel to Karisto Kingdom and make straight for Uru Mais in an attempt to communicate with Tieg. However, this proves useless as Tieg is not there, and it is suggested that Tieg cannot project Himself while the region around Him is still under tyranny. Thus, everyone is forced to put their priorities into using the Genesis Trees to free the people being terrorized by feral Seru once again.

To somewhat complicate things, throughout the later parts of the quest, a couple of the Ra-Seru heroes have been steadily beginning to develop feelings for other members of the group: Fillis had at first possessed obvious affections for Lief, but shortly after Ren's group joined them, her interest began to shift over to Songi, and though Songi himself does not reciprocate, he does begin to open up slightly to Fillis and Torma. Meanwhile, Ren, who had always had strong feelings for Lief ever since they were kids, is growing more in love with him as the days pass, but Lief himself has more feelings for Yuuna than he does for Ren.

After the Ra-Seru heroes drive the Seru away from Uru Mais and most of Karisto Kingdom, a ghostly shadow of Tieg appears and tells them that, before He can help them, they must split into pairs and experience their own visions in four separate rooms. Not by coincidence, Tieg links the most incompatible people with one another: He puts Lief and Kelrina together, Fillis and Lucas together, Torma and Ren together and Cort and Songi together. Though most are unhappy with this setup, they go along with it because there is no other way.

Similar to a scene in Legend of Legaia, each hero must relive their worst memories or deepest regrets, but this time, because everyone is in pairs and their memories are shown in visions rather than dreams, every person is forced to share their secret with their companion, which for Cort and Songi in particular is not a pleasant experience. The visions are seen in the following order:

Kelrina's vision (experienced by Lief and Kelrina) shows the first part of Kelrina and Lucas's history: Kelrina's and Lucas's parents lived in Feryak, a small town located in the Lequara Islands. Ocupald, a much bigger town nearby, invaded Feryak and kept it under its tyranny for some time. Orrem, Lin, Walda and Ammel tried to flee with Kelrina and Lucas, who were only a year old and newborn respectively, but were spotted and chased by some Ocupald soldiers. By the time of the main story, both Feryak and Ocupald are destroyed, having wiped out each other in their struggles.

Lief's vision (experienced by Lief and Kelrina) shows that, when Lief was only six years old, his family and he lived in Ocupald. Lief's parents did not want to get involved in Ocupald's war with Feryak and, with Lief, fled to Kurusai Kingdom and the town of Ladina to start a new life. However, despite his parents' actions, Lief still loathes his history and the fact that he came from such a violent place, especially considering what his people did to Kelrina's and Lucas's parents.

Fillis's vision (experienced by Fillis and Lucas) shows that, as a child, Fillis was not a very nice person. Her parents were rich and spoiled her, and as such she thought the world revolved around her. She only had one friend, a boy her age called Kelvin Splicer, who was gentle and patient (much like Fillis is now) and who usually put up with Fillis's attitude. One day, however, Fillis was extra-mean, and even Kelvin got angry with her. He stormed off outside the village, where he fell down a cliff and got seriously injured. His parents blamed Fillis, calling her a bad influence, and they moved away with Kelvin before Fillis could apologize, leaving the young girl guilt-stricken and lonely. She then vowed to change her ways, modeling her behavior after Kelvin's to be the best person she could be.

Lucas's vision (experienced by Fillis and Lucas) shows the second part of Kelrina and Lucas's history: Desperate, Kelrina's and Lucas's parents hid their babies in some bushes and gave themselves up to the soldiers, who eventually killed them. After that, Kelrina and Lucas were taken in by a Piura tribe led by King Piura, who raised them lovingly.

Torma's vision (experienced by Torma and Ren) shows that his mother was killed by a wild ram when they were out hunting. Though he was very young at the time, Torma blamed himself for being unable to protect his mother, and he was determined to become stronger to protect the ones he loved from then on. At the same time, Torma recoiled from conflict and violence (outside of hunting). Torma's father loved his son and was a good parent to him, but he was often busy with his life as a hunter, meaning that Torma didn't get as much nurture growing up as he would've liked.

Ren's vision (experienced by Torma and Ren) shows that, before Lief moved to Ladina, there was a wild bear reportedly running around outside the village. As a result, everyone was instructed to stay inside in case the beast came into the town, but Ren, who wanted to play outside, disobeyed these orders and went out into the streets, and Yuuna went after her to bring her back. Before they could get back inside, they were attacked by the bear, and Yuuna was injured while trying to protect Ren before the men of the village were able to slay the beast. Even without all the adults' admonishments, Ren felt horribly guilty about what she'd done, blaming herself for Yuuna getting hurt, and has acted out ever since.

Cort's vision (experienced by Cort and Songi) shows his disagreement with Noa in Buma. Upon hearing that Seru were beginning to appear all over Legaia, Cort wanted to go out and fight them, but Noa told him it would be too dangerous. Cort, who had been told most of his past actions in the man he was reincarnated from, felt it was his duty to fight evil, so he disobeyed Noa and ran away to pursue his ideals, eventually meeting Solus and encountering the other Ra-Seru heroes.

Songi's vision (experienced by Cort and Songi) shows Songi getting his first Ra-Seru, Jedo, an event which happened off-screen in Legend of Legaia. Desperate to beat Gala, Songi journeyed with several fellow Biron monks to the East Voz Forest, a forest near his home in the Biron Monastery. He soon ditched the other monks and went to search for the forest's Genesis Tree, where he had seen a Ra-Seru egg many times before which, until now, he'd never dared to touch. However, when Songi reached the Genesis Tree, he found the egg gone, and the next second, the original Cort appeared and told Songi that he knew all his desires and could help him. At first, Songi only mocked Cort, but when it became apparent that the man was very powerful, he changed his tune and said he would do anything to beat Gala. Cort triumphantly gave Songi Jedo, whom he'd modified into a Sim Ra-Seru, before leaving again. Once he had the now-evil Ra-Seru equipped, Songi completely lost it and, though he insisted then and many times after that the thing was not controlling or influencing him, it clearly was. He slaughtered his fellow monks who came looking for him before returning to the monastery, where he broke the protective fans that had kept him and his people safe from the Mist for over a decade, allowing Seru monsters to come in and kill and possess several people there.

The characters all react to their own and their partner's visions differently:

Kelrina sheds a few happy tears, grateful that she was able to see her parents and how much they loved her while being sad that they had to die. She thinks about King Piura and the others who took in her and Lucas and vows that she will repay them for their kindness towards them.

Lief breaks down and apologizes to Kelrina for what his people did, but Kelrina cheerfully tells him not to be silly, as it's not his fault, especially since his parents denounced Ocupald and left. Through this, Lief is able to come to terms with his past and realize that, as Kelrina says, it's not his fault what his people did, and he should stop living in regret and just be happy to be his own unique person.

Fillis cries at being reminded of how bad she once was and calls herself a horrible person, but Lucas comforts her, telling her she's one of the nicest people he's ever met. Fillis realizes that she can't keep hating herself for something she can't change and should just keep living her life, sharing happiness with the people she still has and hoping that she'll one day be able to reunite with Kelvin and apologize to him.

Lucas, holding back his tears, says that he always wondered who his parents were and if they were nice, and now he knows they were because they scarified everything for him and Kelrina. Fillis tells him that she's sure their parents are very proud of them, and at this, Lucas breaks down and cries in Fillis's arms. Before this, he hadn't cried in a very long time, feeling he had to be the strong one for Kelrina, who cries all the time. But now he lets everything go and feels much better for it. Like Kelrina, he also revolves to somehow pay back the Piura for everything they did.

Torma calls himself weak for being unable to protect his mother, but Ren roughly tells him not to be stupid, as he was too young to do anything about it. A little more gently, she adds that Torma is far from weak; in fact, he's one of the strongest people she knows. This makes Torma smile and give Ren a big bear-hug.

Ren says quietly that the last thing she ever wanted to do was hurt Yuuna, but it happened anyway. She also says that she can't seem to help getting angry all the time when she's scared or uncertain about things. The worst part is that she seems to sometimes push away the people she loves: Ren and her father always clashed because her father told her she should be more ladylike, and she often feels very jealous of Lief and Yuuna's closeness, even though she likes them both very much and knows that they care about her a lot too. Torma assures Ren that she has grown a lot and has learned to be more patient and caring with people, especially Kelrina and Lucas, and Ren feels significantly better, resolving to patch things up with her father as soon as she gets the chance.

Cort reacts very little to his vision outwardly and simply seems to loathe himself even more after seeing it. Songi also doesn't respond much, nor does he say anything to hurt or comfort Cort.

Songi's vision, however, causes extremely powerful reactions: Cort, seeing what he was like before he was reincarnated, is disgusted and sickened to the point of near-breakdown. Songi is pushed into hysteria and at first starts screaming at Tieg that he never intended to kill anyone, only utterly beat and humiliate Gala. Cort, watching this, is not sure how to react. On the one hand, he still hates Songi immensely, but on the other hand, he hates himself more, and after what he's seen, he can't help feeling a little empathy for the man. Songi, in contrast, snaps into the defensive and blames Cort for everything that happened to him: It's his fault he attacked and killed his own people, it's his fault he tried to kill Gala, and it's his fault that he died. Cort argues back, somewhat feebly, that Songi is just as responsible for all his misfortunes as he is, as he could've just as easily said no to the original Cort's proposition.

On the whole, the visions bring all the pairs but Cort and Songi's closer together, and most of the characters, if not completely healed of their past regrets, are well on their way to be.

The Ra-Seru heroes reunite and, the visions fulfilled, a more powerful projection of Tieg appears. He indirectly tells them that Morgok is not their worst enemy, that a more powerful, dangerous foe will present itself to them before long. In order to defeat that foe, they will need to join forces with the old Ra-Seru heroes, Vahn, Noa and Gala. They know where Noa is, and Tieg informs them that Vahn and Gala are in Drake Kingdom. Once they destroy the Seru Factory in Karisto Kingdom, they must journey to Drake Kingdom and search for Vahn and Gala. Tieg also reveals that it was He who placed Ignys and the other Ra-Seru, one for each of the major elements, and commanded them to find promising hosts with whom to travel. He tells them that, when the time comes, He will help them with His powers, but they will need to find strength within themselves as well.

Tieg's projection then disappears, and the Ra-Seru heroes go to Karisto Kingdom's Seru Factory as instructed. Cort and Songi are acting very distant with the entire group; in addition to their troubling visions, the idea of having to reunite with Noa and Gala unsettles them both quite a bit. Inside the Seru Factory, Lief and his companions run into Gi and Lu Delilas, who tell them they have rejoined Morgok because the necromancer has promised he will bring back Che again if they help him. They refuse to listen when several of the Ra-Seru heroes try to tell them that Morgok is the one who caused Che's death in the first place and so shouldn't be trusted.

Cort and Songi, showing uncharacteristic sympathy and kindness, step out in front of the other Ra-Seru heroes and try to talk sense into the two siblings, with Cort focusing on Gi and Songi focusing on Lu. Gi is struck by Cort's similarities to the original Cort, and once Cort, for the first time, admits that he is the reincarnation of that man, Gi is torn on which loyalty he wants to follow. Meanwhile, Lu, who was somewhat close to Songi while they both worked for the original Cort, finds herself torn as well. Eventually though, Gi and Lu decide to fight, putting their brother ahead of all else, and armed with new Light and Dark Seru, they engage in a two-on-two battle with Cort and Songi, who actually manage to work together quite well in the pinch. After a long and grueling fight, Gi and Lu are defeated and, strength completely depleted, Gi dies in Cort's arms while Lu dies in Songi's.

The Ra-Seru heroes spare a few moments to think about the Delilas siblings and how they weren't completely evil, then continue on through the factory. They're soon confronted by a large army of undead warriors from Conkram and Sol, two large cities that had been involved in a huge war over thirty years ago. They manage to defeat them only by using the power of their Ra-Seru to turn the many normal Seru within the factory against the army, causing one group of puppets to wipe out the other.

After this, they find Jorein, Morgok's brother, whom they had encountered quite a few times in the early stages of the game but who had stopped showing up once Lief and Ren's groups joined up. Lief and Ren demand to know about Yuuna, but Jorein assures them that she is safe. He dropped her off at the Hunter's Spring in Drake Kingdom the day before, once he realized that she did not want to stay with him.

Jorein reveals that he had a brief relationship with Yuuna's mother and that he is Yuuna's father. He wanted to get to know his daughter, so he had Alaz kidnap her and bring her to him. He treated her kindly and tried to be a good father to her, but Yuuna did not really show much affection for him and kept demanding to be let go. Finally, Jorein realized he was fighting a lost battle and took Yuuna to the Hunter's Spring, as he did not want to travel anywhere near Ladina and see Yuuna's mother again.

Jorein tells them that, since Yuuna has rejected him, Morgok is the only family he has left, and he can't let him down. He fights the Ra-Seru heroes with his own Seru and is narrowly defeated, though he survives. Jorein flees to warn his brother of their arrival, and the Ra-Seru heroes reach and confront Morgok. Morgok tries to scare Songi into coming back over onto his side, as well as to manipulate Cort by saying that he was a huge source of inspiration for him. Both Cort and Songi overcome some of their fears and regrets, and refuse him. Infuriated, Morgok attacks. The battle against him is long and grueling, and during it Adum is killed while trying to protect Songi. Ultimately though, the Ra-Seru heroes are able to defeat Morgok, whereupon he is sent plummeting several rooms down the factory to his apparent death (similar to the original Cort in Legend of Legaia).

Lief and his companions destroy the Seru Factory, saving Jorein from the impending explosion in the process. Lief and Ren tell the man that he can be a good father to Yuuna without terrorizing her or helping his brother commit so many evil acts. Jorein, confused and devastated by the loss of his brother, wanders quietly away in defeat.

The Ra-Seru heroes travel back to Drake Kingdom, then split up into two groups once they reach it: Lief, Ren, Fillis and Songi go to the Hunter's Spring to hopefully find Yuuna while Torma, Kelrina, Lucas and Cort go to Rim Elm to find Vahn. Afterwards they plan to reunite and go to Biron Monastery, where Gala is, together. Despite being quite close now, having grown a lot during their adventures, the group is not completely happy. For one thing, they have no idea where Gurdeth is, and they're worried that Morgok might've found him out and killed him before they defeated him. For another, Songi is distraught over the loss of Adum, having bonded with him quite a bit in the time they were together, despite originally hating all Seru. And lastly, Cort and Songi are still not looking forward to seeing Noa and Gala.

In Rim Elm, Cort's group meets Vahn who, having heard about their exploits, agrees to help them fight any new threats that arise. In the Hunter's Spring, Lief's group finds Yuuna unharmed, and there is a cheerful reunion between Lief, Ren and Yuuna. Ever since she arrived there, Yuuna had been being taken care of by Nene Bravier, Vahn's younger sister, and Ixis Faln, Vahn's childhood friend and rival. They also meet Mei Bravier/Faln and her two children, Vi and Luna: Depending on the player's choices at the start of the game, Mei is either married to Vahn or Ixis, and her kids' father is accordingly either Vahn or Ixis.

However, the reunion is soon cut short when Alaz appears and starts mocking the Ra-Seru heroes. At first, they don't really worry so much, since Alaz is not too much of a threat on his own, but then Alaz says something that throws Lief and his companions for a loop: Morgok cannot be dead, because Songi is still alive. Alaz informs them that Morgok's magic is the only thing that's keeping Songi alive and that, if he dies, so does Songi. He then asks, feigning curiosity, why Songi would want to try to help kill the only thing keeping him from sinking into the depths of the the the the again. Songi, of course, did not know this until Alaz told him, and he predictably panics at the idea of dying again.

Alaz tells Songi that, if he really values his life, he should come with him back to Morgok and beg forgiveness. Songi yells back that he is not stupid, that he knows Morgok will kill him regardless because he kills even his loyal followers if he thinks it will help him, and he quickly strikes down Alaz, finally putting an end to the pesky Puera. However, the damage is already done, and Songi refuses to help the others any longer. In addition, he tells them that, if they try to kill Morgok, he will kill them. Though the others try to talk sense into him, Songi will not listen and instead tries to attack them. Without a Ra-Seru though, he is helpless, and upon being defeated by Lief, Fillis and Ren, he flees the Hunter's Spring in fear.

Unable to think of anywhere else to go, Songi goes to the Biron Monastery, the place where he and Gala were raised. There, he sees Gala, now the leader of the monastery, training with his son, who it is soon revealed is named after Songi. Songi is spotted and tries to escape, but Gala and his son stop him. After some brief confusion and suspicions, Gala accepts Songi's return with open arms and promises to help him, assuring him that they will find a way to stop Morgok without killing him.

Gala introduces Songi to his son and daughter, who is named after Mei's mother, Maya, and explains that his wife, Eliza from Ratayu, died several years ago. Zopu Denoir and the original Maya, who had essentially been like Gala and Songi's adoptive parents, are also dead. Though Songi is very disheartened to learn that Zopu and Maya are dead, he is somewhat relieved at the same time, as it means he doesn't have to explain his past actions in betraying them. He is also somewhat awkward with Gala and his kids, especially as Songi Jr. is quite suspicious of his namesake.

Meanwhile, Lief, Ren, Fillis and Yuuna, accompanied by Nene, Ixis, Mei and her children, reunite with Cort's group and Vahn in Rim Elm. Vahn sends one letter Gala in the Biron Monastery and another to Noa in the Sebucus Islands, saying that they should have a response from both in a matter of days, and everyone discusses what they should do. A short time later, Gurdeth appears and informs them that Morgok is hiding out on Morhaku Island, an island in Kurusai Kingdom.

Gurdeth explains that Morgok had been trying to create many Sim Seru known as Juggernauts in his Seru Factory in Karisto Kingdom. Back when the original Ra-Seru heroes were on their journey, Rim Elm had been terrorized by a Juggernaut, as had Ratayu, Eliza and Lord Saraju's hometown. When he was defeated in his Seru Factory, Morgok fused himself with a Juggernaut on a lower floor in order to avoid death, similar to what the original Cort did in Legend of Legaia.

After some discussion and argument, it is decided that Lief, Fillis, Torma, Ren, Kelrina, Lucas, Cort and Gurdeth will go to where Morgok is while Vahn uses the power of Barra, a Wind Seru, to fetch Noa and Gala, as they can't afford to wait for the letters to reach them. Once he has Noa and Gala with him, Vahn will meet them on Morhaku Island. Meanwhile, Nene, Mei, Ixis and Yuuna will stay in Rim Elm. On the way to Morhaku Island, Lief's group is confronted by Jorein, who asks to join them and help take down Morgok, in the hopes of making up for his past acts and being a better father to Yuuna. Though initially reluctant to trust the man, Lief's group agrees, especially after Gurdeth puts in a good word for him, and the nine of them make their way to Kurusai Kingdom, also using the power of a Barra.

Back in the Biron Monastery, Songi is beginning to bond slightly with Gala and his family, though he's he's still quite awkward with them as well. Vahn soon appears and tells Gala he needs to speak with him, and Songi quickly retreats from the room before he can be seen. He overhears Vahn and Gala's discussion, wherein Vahn tells Gala that they and Noa need to help the new Ra-Seru heroes kill Morgok, and Gala argues that they can't kill him because it will mean Songi's death as well. A heated argument between the two breaks out, and Songi, unable to watch, quietly leaves the monastery and heads to East Voz Forest, hoping that a peaceful walk there will help to clear his head.

He reaches the tree where the original Cort convinced him to don Jedo, and he is shocked to find that the Ra-Seru has somehow returned there, seemingly after it was separated from him in the Seru-kai and brought back when Tieg was. Struggling with inner-conflicts, Songi finally realizes that he can't let Morgok live if it means he'll take control of the world, as it means that people like Gala and his kids, as well as Lief and the other Ra-Seru heroes, will suffer. Even if it means his death, Songi decides that he has to help take down Morgok, and the way he's living now isn't really “living” in a sense anyway.

Songi takes Jedo and puts it on his arm. He is terrified of doing so, considering what Jedo did to him as a Sim Ra-Seru, but he knows he won't be of much use without it. He then uses the power of a Barra to travel to Morhaku Island, which he overheard from Vahn was where Morgok is. Meanwhile, Vahn and Gala travel to Underground Octam to collect Noa, where they also tell her about Cort's involvement as a Ra-Seru hero at last. The three of them go to Morhaku Island as well, and they, Songi and Lief's group finally all join together.

Such a reunion of course brings many reactions from different characters, the most notable of which are: Noa and Cort reconcile, and Noa apologizes to Cort, telling him she shouldn't have tried to make him like the brother she lost and instead should've always treated him as his own unique person, since he clearly is. Cort and Songi make a sort of peace - though they're by no means friends, they no longer hate each other. Songi apologizes to the group for his past actions and, putting up a front that no one sees through, says he's sure he'll be fine if they're careful with Morgok. Songi also awkwardly greets Vahn and Noa, who aren't overly happy to see him but do accept that his help will be valuable. Gala, who had reacted with violent fear when he'd been unable to find Songi just before leaving with Vahn and Noa, is overjoyed that his old friend is back, and the group sets off together to find Morgok and Juggernaut.

They traverse a huge forest and abandoned laboratory, and Vahn, Noa and Gala all find and don reincarnations of Meta, Terra and Ozma, made and sent by Tieg to help in the final battle. Shortly after, they find Morgok and Juggernaut. Songi reacts with guilt when he sees Juggernaut, remembering his past actions, and Jorein implores his brother to snap out of it and fight his way from Juggernaut. When this fails, the Ra-Seru heroes and Gurdeth try to fight Juggernaut, but they can do very little to hurt it.

Finally, Songi uses Jedo's Deadly Promise attack to tear Morgok from Juggernaut, leaving them both with dying sources of life-energy. Morgok dies in Jorein's arms while Songi dies in Gala's while surrounded by the other Ra-Seru heroes. With his dying breath, Songi apologizes to Gala for everything he did in the past. Gala and Fillis react with near-hysteria to Songi's death while several of the other Ra-Seru heroes cry quietly. Jorein, in his own state of misery, quietly murmurs his brother's name, then abruptly ends off in a gasp of agony as he is impaled with a sword from behind.

Gurdeth, standing behind Jorein, roughly pulls his sword back and watches with cold indifference as Jorein dies at his feet, his last words being the name his daughter. Ignoring everyone's gasps of shock, Gurdeth laughs and gleefully reveals his own agenda: He was only helping them to overthrow Morgok because he wanted him out of the way. What he told them about wanting revenge on Morgok because he killed his parents was all made up in order to gain their sympathy and trust. Once Morgok was out of the way, Gurdeth planned to use his technology and the power of Tieg to build his own armies of Seru, which he would use to become ruler of the world.

The Ra-Seru heroes try to fight Gurdeth, but he is too strong for them. However, just as Gurdeth is about to kill them all with the power of his own modified Seru, Jedo, now without a host, goes feral and attacks him, eventually engulfing Gurdeth, his Seru and the dying Juggernaut before blowing them (and seemingly itself) to pieces in a huge explosion. Triumphant about winning but devastated over the loss of Songi, Lief and his companions return to Rim Elm.

The next day, everyone is still recovering from everything that happened and making plans about what to do with their lives next. Ren wants to reconcile with her father, and she also makes up her mind to confess her feelings to Lief as soon as she can. Fillis is too upset about losing Songi to make any preparations herself, but Torma offers to stay with her in Rim Elm while she recovers. Once she has, Torma plans to return to his family, where he hopes to become closer with his father.

Kelrina and Lucas want to try to rebuild Feryak and bring education and human luxuries to the Piura who raised them. Noa and Cort are making preparations to go to Underground Octam to continue taking care of Naki. Vahn plans to travel the world beyond Legaia with Nene, Mei, Ixis, Vi and Luna. Gala, though he too is devastated over the loss of Songi, decides he will return to the Biron Monastery to continue leading it and be with his children. Yuuna, guilty and upset about how her father met his demise, is getting ready to return home to Ladina.

No one is really sure what to do about Tieg and the Seru. With the Seru Factories gone, there are no longer any threatening Seru, but not everyone is sure if having Seru back is a good thing. The Ra-Seru heroes certainly don't want to part with their partners, but they don't want another person like Morgok or the original Cort trying to abuse the powers of the Seru again. Although, even if they did decide they didn't want Seru around, how would they go about that? They couldn't simply destroy Tieg, after all.

Lief is unsure of what he wants to do, as he is torn between many options. He's not sure if he wants to return to Ladina with Ren and Yuuna, stay in Rim Elm with Torma and Fillis, or go traveling with Vahn and his group. Before he can make up his mind, he and several residents of Rim Elm spot a huge monster flying towards them from across the horizon. The thing is soon revealed to be another surviving Juggernaut from the Seru Factory, and the next moment everyone sees a man riding atop the Sim Seru. The man is Kuges Oukiru, the villager Morgok and his followers sacrificed to revive Tieg at the very beginning of the game.

Bitter about having his life stolen from him, as he had a wife and son back in his village, Kuges's hatred and desire for revenge against Morgok was able to keep him alive long enough for him to merge with a growing Juggernaut, wherein he waited quietly and patiently until he was strong enough to strike. When he learned that Lief and his companions defeated Morgok, Kuges, clearly no longer in his right frame of mind, was furious at his right to avenge his lost life, and in rage he attacks Rim Elm. Though Lief and the others try to talk sense into him, it is no use, and Rim Elm and all its residents, in a very similar scene to Legend of Legaia, is engulfed by Juggernaut. Only Vahn, Noa, Gala, Lief, Fillis, Torma, Ren, Kelrina, Lucas and Cort are spared, their Ra-Seru having managed to protect them from the engulfment.

Determined to save Rim Elm, the survivors are just about to go inside Juggernaut when Songi Jr., Gala's son, appears outside the village, having made his way there after becoming worried for his father. Though Gala tries to turn his son away, his arguments soon die when Jedo, who it turns out survived its attack on Gurdeth after all, asks to merge with him, and Songi Jr. quickly accepts before his father can stop him. Songi Jr. then becomes a pseudo-member of the party, replacing Songi, and he possesses the same level, Seru absorptions and basic stats as he did, but he has different, inferior Arts without much variety.

While journeying inside Juggernaut, Ren gets Lief alone for a moment and finally confesses her feelings to him, and Lief, despite the dire situation, finds himself torn between Ren and Yuuna: On the one hand, he doesn't want to upset Ren, but on the other hand, he's sure deep down that he really loves Yuuna. Meanwhile, Fillis is still inconsolable over Songi, barely talking to the others or reacting to anything around her.

Before long they reach Kuges, who tries to slaughter them with the power of Juggernaut. The Ra-Seru heroes fight back in a long and desperate battle, in which they use the best powers of their Ra-Seru, and eventually come out victorious: Juggernaut self-destructs from all the damage it received, taking Kuges with it, as Lief and all the others are protected by their Ra-Seru. With his last surviving seconds, Kuges appears to be out of Juggernaut's control at last, and he screams the names of his wife and son just before being engulfed in the explosion.

Tieg then appears and, as Lief and his companions look on, uses His powers to revive the decimated Rim Elm and all its people, just as the original Ra-Seru of Vahn, Noa and Gala did twenty years ago. Gala and Fillis desperately beg Tieg to use His power to bring Songi back to life also, but Tieg refuses, saying that He cannot revive those who were destined to die. He does, however, assure the others that He will give Songi a good afterlife for his role in saving the world and even allows him to come back for a few minutes in order to say his final goodbyes.

During a short but heartfelt reunion between the new Ra-Seru heroes and Gala (during which even Ren, Lucas and Cort show genuine sorrow), Ignys, Aggua, Lai, Jinn, Ventoh, Urder, Solus and Jedo, along with the new Meta, Terra and Ozma, begin to separate from their designated partner's arm and float towards Tieg. Tieg explains that the Ra-Seru are too powerful to be controlled by mere humans outside of emergencies. Ignys and the other Ra-Seru bid gentle farewells to their partners, who sadly return them (though Vann, Noa, Gala and Songi Jr., not really having had much time to get to know theirs, take it better than Lief and his group).

Songi bids one last hurried farewell as he, Tieg and the Ra-Seru disappear, leaving Vahn, Noa, Gala, Cort, Lief, Fillis, Torma, Ren, Kelrina, Lucas and Songi Jr. alone on the outskirts of Rim Elm, where the scene slowly fades to black.
Last edited by nicoleb on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:46 am

I have a giant schlong
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

nicoleb
Level 8

Post by nicoleb » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:48 am

A few days later, in Rim Elm, Lief is standing beside the village's Genesis Tree in a scene very reminiscent of the beginning and ending of Legend of Legaia. Also like then, he is soon approached by the Rim Elm elder (actually the elder's son, as the original elder has long-since died at this point) and asked what he plans to do with his life after he visits his family in Ladina.

Before Lief answers, the player sees what the other former Ra-Seru heroes are doing. Ren and Yuuna are waiting to go back to Ladina and their families with Lief; Ren is also hoping to get an answer from Lief regarding her confession. Fillis, despite having been able to see Songi and been assured of his good afterlife, is still deeply depressed over his death and is staying in a vacant house in Rim Elm until she feels up to returning to her family. Torma, good friend that he is, is again staying with her, planning to drop her off in her hometown, which isn't that far from where he lives, before returning home himself once Fillis feels like traveling.

Kelrina and Lucas have returned to their Piura family and are making plans to rebuild Feryak, starting with finding builders and hunters from other villages who are looking for a fresh start. Noa and Cort, after returning to Underground Octam and fetching Naki, have moved to Jeremi with her so that she, Pepe and Zalan can be closer. The reason this wasn't done originally was because Pepe thought his time with his father would be more short-term and didn't want to unsettle Naki. Noa and Cort plan to return to Buma soon. Gala and Songi Jr. have returned to the Biron Monastery and Maya Jr. to continue their training in the Biron arts.

Vahn plans to travel the world beyond Legaia with Nene, Mei, Ixis, Vi and Luna. In fact, they're scheduled to leave in a matter of hours. Again, the elder asks Lief what he plans to do with himself once he's visited his family, and the player is given four options, from which the choice will affect the game's ending - again, just like in Legend of Legaia.

1) “To ask Yuuna something.”
2) “To talk to Ren in private.”
3) “To see how Fillis and Torma are doing.”
4) “To travel the world beyond Legaia.”

Endings
Ending 1) Yuuna appears behind the elder and, having heard Lief's last words, asks him what he wants to ask her. The elder quickly makes himself scarce, and after a very quiet and reminiscent conversation about their childhoods and the various things that have happened over the past few months, Lief tells Yuuna that he loves her. Yuuna quickly responds that she loves him too, and the two kiss.

An undetermined amount of time later, Lief, Yuuna, Ren, Fillis, Torma, Kelrina, Lucas, Cort, Noa and Gala, along with all their families, are having a huge night-party in Ladina. Lief and Yuuna are an official couple planning to get married soon. Ren insists to Torma that she's “over” Lief, and though she does appear a bit sad, she's still content, as well as happy for her two friends. Fillis seems a lot happier than she did the last time she was seen and states that she and Torma have returned to their families. Kelrina and Lucas remark that their plans to rebuild Feryak are going very well, and they plan to move the Piura there as well, once they've taught them the human language. Cort and Noa tell Gala that they've moved back to Buma, and Songi Jr. replies that things couldn't be going better at the Biron Monastery, that he's almost as strong as his father now.

Ending 2) Lief leaves the elder and goes looking for Ren, planning to tell her that he's really in love with Yuuna. Upon finding her and seeing how hopeful she is though, Lief cannot bring himself to do it, and he instead inadvertently and awkwardly returns Ren's sharply-shot question of whether or not he loves her with, “Yes.” Before Lief can correct himself, Ren reacts with overjoyed relief and hugs him tightly, exclaiming that she knew it all along.

An undetermined amount of time later, the same group of people as Ending 1 is having their night-party in Ladina. The circumstances and everyone's conversations are virtually the same, save for it being Lief and Ren as the official couple with Ren happily telling Torma that she and Lief will be getting married very soon. Yuuna is visibly sad (a lot sadder than Ren is in Ending 1), but she puts a brave face on it, opting to be happy for her two closest friends. Lief himself is clearly not completely happy, but he does his best to hide this.

Ending 3) Lief leaves the elder and goes to visit Fillis and Torma's temporary house. Torma greets Lief, attempting to be cheerful, then tells him that Fillis is in the backroom, distraught. He wanted to stay with her, but Fillis insisted that he leave so that she wouldn't be any more of a burden on him than she is already being. Torma tells Lief to go and talk to her, hoping that he'll be able to cheer her up.

Lief obligingly goes to Fillis's room and finds her crying quietly on her bed. When she notices Lief, she at first says the same thing she said to Torma - that he should leave so that she won't be a burden to him - but when Lief refuses and sits down next to her, Fillis breaks down completely and cries on his shoulder. Lief comforts her as best he can before the scene fades out to signify a time-lapse. Fillis, now slightly calmer, tells Lief that he is very kind and, her emotions on overdrive, re-latches onto her first object of affection, only much more strongly and insistently than she ever had before. She blurts out that she loves Lief who, not having the heart to refuse her right then, shakily replies that he likes her too. Fillis then resettles her head on his shoulder and cries more quietly.

An undetermined amount of time later, the same group of people as Ending 1 and 2 is having their night-party in Ladina. The circumstances and everyone's conversations are virtually the same, save for it being Lief and Fillis as the official couple and Fillis happily running over wedding plans with Lief. Yuuna and Ren are very visibly sad (though Yuuna a lot more so than Ren), but both put brave faces on it. Like Ending 1, Ren tells Torma that she's “over” Lief, but she seems less sure of it in this ending than she did there. Like Ending 2, Lief himself is clearly not completely happy, but he does his best to hide this.

Ending 4) Lief leaves the elder and hurries to find Vahn, whom he finds looking out at the vast world beyond Rim Elm. He asks if he can go with him and the others when they go traveling, and Vahn, after a moment of surprise, agrees. A few hours later, Vahn, Nene, Mei, Ixis, Vi, Luna, Ren and Yuuna are all standing by the edge of Rim Elm, facing all its remaining citizens as they bid them farewell. The group plans to travel to Ladina together first, where Lief will see his family and drop off Ren and Yuuna, who are both sad that Lief is going on a journey they do not wish to go on themselves just yet (though Ren plans to travel herself eventually) but are at least happy that Lief is happy and hasn't chosen any other girl.

An undetermined amount of time later, the same group of people as the other three endings, minus Lief, is having their night-party in Ladina. The circumstances and everyone's conversations are virtually the same, save for Lief's absence and Ren, Yuuna and Lief's family wondering how he's doing. One thing to note is that, in all the endings, Seru have still not disappeared, and humanity is still reacting to them and their usefulness in different ways.

Meanwhile, in an unknown location somewhere outside of Legaia, Nene and Mei are tending a campfire inside a small cave while Vi and Luna play tag with each other and a begrudging Ixis. Vahn watches everyone with a content smile on his face, and sitting alone outside the cave, looking up at the beautiful night sky, Lief smiles and closes his eyes.

In all four endings, the scene then fades to black, and the credits roll. In them, all of the surviving characters, both main and supporting, are shown going about their business and proposed plans. After this, the scene again fades to black, and the words “The End” appear over it.

NOTES

* In terms of names, honestly, for most of the characters I just went with what sounded cool
or appropriate (and also added surnames, just because I could and because I got influenced
by the Tales series XD). I didn't look up any gods or famous people, or anything like that.
Some of the names are formed from words in other languages, but most of them are just
names I thought sounded good. Morgok is from mortus (Latin for dead) and ugoku (Japanese
for to move), Jorein is from jùrén (Chinese for giant), and Dalan is from dalang (Indonesian
for puppeteer). Kuges Oukiru is an anagram of kougeki suru, which means to strike or to ram
in Japanese. Ram wanted a character named after him, you see. ;)

For the Ra-Seru, Ignys is from ignis (Latin for fire), Aggua is from agua (Spanish for water),
Lai is from rai (Japanese for lightning), Jinn is from jīn (Chinese for metal), Ventoh is from
vento (Italian for wind), Urder is from erde (German for earth), Solus is from solas (Irish for
light), and Adum is from eodum (Korean for dark). Speaking of names, Kelrina and Lucas,
being orphaned and all, have two: Lucy Gastenfle and Aaron Leenald are their birth names,
the names given to them by their parents, while Kelrina and Lucas are the names they
received upon being taken in by the Piura tribe.

* This plot is by no means perfect or even great, I know. It's quite repetitive too, and a bit too
similar to Legend of Legaia (though in some cases I think that's a good thing, since it's a
nice, nostalgic kind of feeling). I focused more on the characters than the plot, and as such it
could be a lot better. Suggestions and ideas on how to make it so are very welcome!

* I didn't add in stuff like the heroes meeting some important supporting characters (like Cara,
Grantes, Dr. Usha, etc.) because I didn't have any good ideas at the time. I also didn't detail
the separate groups' encounters with the villains, Cort and Songi in earlier parts of the game
(outside of brief mentions). I hope to get back to this later, when I have some inspiration.

* I'm aware that I didn't mention the Ra-Seru partners much, or the Seru the villains use. This
doesn't mean they won't appear a lot. It just means I was a bit rushed. Again, I'm hoping to
get back to this and add more stuff later.

* Is Songi appearing to say goodbye with Tieg too corny and unrealistic? Should I just leave it
with him dying in the fight with Morgok, and Tieg telling the others that He can't bring him
back? Originally I was going to do that, but it seemed a bit... heartless. :'( Let me know what
you think.

* I'm willing to accept any and all claims of Songi being OoC or unnecessary to the story, but
I'm firmly of the belief that dying painfully would change someone considerably and that
Songi was not a completely evil person before he put on the Sim Ra-Seru.

* Reading back on this, I'm also aware that Fillis can come off as a self-insert Mary Sue, which
honestly wasn't what I was trying to go for at all (if anything, Ren is a lot more like me,
personality-wise). I wanted to make an overly nice, maternal character with a very selfish,
unflattering past that explained her personality. Her feelings for Songi are partly because I
wanted to give the characters (particularly Songi) some love-conflicts, and partly because
Fillis's personality is quite... clingy. Plus, since Songi doesn't love her back, I'm hoping that'll
save Fillis from the label of a self-insert. XD And no, Songi's not returning Fillis's feelings has
nothing to do with my Gala/Songi obsession. ;)

* Songi's closeness with Lu Delilas is more just to give him and Cort a reason to fight in a two-
on-two duel with Gi and Lu with the Light and Dark elements (which was the same reason I
killed off Che the way I did). We don't know which of the original Cort's followers were close
or whom they became close with, since we didn't see much interaction between them (sadly).
I didn't write or intend Songi and Lu's relationship as super-close, just that Lu was happy to
see a familiar face in the nightmare her life had become.

* Ending 1 and 4 are the more canon, happy endings (though if I had to choose, Ending 4 is
probably the more canon choice). 2 and 3, while still happy, are the closest thing to “bad”
endings the player can choose, as in both cases Lief is getting together with someone he
doesn't love in a romantic way.

* As you probably noticed, the Seru-kai doesn't disappear in this story. I didn't really see a
reason to get rid of it, and it's easier to make sequels from this timeline that way anyway. :)

* I wanted to somehow include Kina in this story, since she was certainly an oddity in Legend
of Legaia, and I figured I'd just link her with Pepe and Zalan somehow in order to include
them in the story without too much hassle. Since Kina is clearly under ten in Legend of
Legaia while Pepe appears around eighteen, they (obviously XD) didn't marry until Kina was
much, much older, which is why her daughter is so young (barely older than Kina was when
she first appeared). Yeah, it's odd, I know. >_>

* The thing with Gala marrying Eliza, the green-haired would-be bride of Lord Saryu, is
something I'm less skeptical about. Despite many of you claiming to have sources that say
the Biron monks are celibate, I'm not completely convinced, and since Gala becomes leader
of the monastery in my game, there's nothing to say he couldn't have gotten rid of this rule,
if Zopu hadn't already. Since some have said that Gala had an... odd fixation with Maya in
Legend of Legaia, I figured he'd be drawn to Eliza's green hair. ;D Besides, I wanted to give
her more of a role than she had in Legend of Legaia, even if I did kill her off. Naming his kids
after two of the most important (or formally important) people in his life definitely seems like
something Gala would do too. And hey, at least I didn't make him gay in this! ;)

* The ages of all the villains from Legend of Legaia are all my estimates.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Basically, every Ra-Seru can learn three attacks each at various points in the game, and these attacks can be used in battle by the characters
Can you elaborate? I had an idea pretty similar to this >________> I wanna know if I ended up with the same train of thought as you

Also, holy sh*t at the work you put into this. Reminds me of Thanger...but more complete >___<
Vahn Bravier, one of the Ra-Seru heroes from Legend of Legaia, is now 34 and living in Rim Elm. He's possibly married to Mei with two children, depending on choices the player makes at the start of the game.
No

No

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gonna take me a long-こし time to read all this >___< But I shall!

Pretty cool that you did all this. I iz impurressed

nicoleb
Level 8

Post by nicoleb » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:54 pm

MJZuproc_II wrote:Can you elaborate? I had an idea pretty similar to this >________> I wanna know if I ended up with the same train of thought as you
Yay! Great minds think alike! ^O^ Ah, well, I picture it as something like this: You go into your Ra-Seru option on the battle screen, and you get two options: Magic summons, where you can summon the Seru or Ra-Seru you've obtained (just like in Legend of Legaia), AND where you can select something like “Ra-Seru Powers.” When you select this option, a list of the Ra-Seru attacks you've gotten comes up, and you can then copy them into your attack bar, just like regular attacks. Your AP/attack bar also gets a flashy, bright border around it to indicate that you're borrowing the Ra-Seru's power, and the character will glow as they execute their attack. These require a lot of AP to use, of course.
MJZuproc_II wrote:Also, holy sh*t at the work you put into this. Reminds me of Thanger...but more complete >___<
Hehe... Thanks! ^_^ I officially have no life at all, right? XD
MJZuproc_II wrote:No

No

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MJZuproc_II wrote:Gonna take me a long-こし time to read all this >___< But I shall!
Awesome! Thank you! ^_^ Take your time though. There's no rush. It's probably best read in increments. XD Be sure to give some feedback when you're done. :)
MJZuproc_II wrote:Pretty cool that you did all this. I iz impurressed
AW! Thanks! <3
Last edited by nicoleb on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:58 pm

nicoleb wrote: Yay! Great minds think alike! ^O^ Ah, well, I picture it as something like this: You go into your Ra-Seru option on the battle screen, and you get two options: Magic summons, where you can summon the Seru or Ra-Seru you've obtained (just like in Legend of Legaia, AND where you can select something like “Ra-Seru Powers.” When you select this option, a list of the Ra-Seru attacks you've gotten comes up, and you can then copy them into your attack bar, just like regular attacks. Your AP/attack bar also gets a flashy, bright border around it to indicate that you're borrowing the Ra-Seru's power, and the character will blow as they execute their attack. These require a lot of AP to use, of course.
Hm...same basic idea, but the end results are different

Neato
Hehe... Thanks! ^_^ I officially have no life at all, right? XD
Correct
I will fight you over this

IT. IS. MEANT. TO. BE. NOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Awesome! Thank you! ^_^ Take your time though. There's no rush. It's probably best read in increments. XD Be sure to give some feedback when you're done. :)
I shall!

Probably tomorrow even

nicoleb
Level 8

Post by nicoleb » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:13 pm

LOL! Just noticed a typo. The character will GLOW when they execute their attack, not blow. >_> Anyway, thanks! Make sure you have popcorn and toilet paper ready, since it's pretty 野菜 long. ;D

I actually prefer Vahn/Noa as well. That's why I left the option open that Vahn doesn't end up choosing Mei. There's still a possibility that he and Noa can get together. ^_^

Lonewulf
Level 9001

Post by Lonewulf » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:45 am

This is gonna take me a while to finish, lol. I just go to the story portion...i like it so far XD

P.s.: Wth, why did Ram post that he has a giant schlong in your Legaia 3 topic!? Lol.
_______
Wulf Belmont, member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang.