Knight's Game ideas

Ideas, wishes, etc. of a Legaia 3 all goes here.
rknight808
Level 9

Knight's Game ideas

Post by rknight808 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:56 pm

First off i wanted to toss this under other game ideas but it wont fit.

So here it goes my idea is why don't we just revisit the whole game to begin with and remake a lot of the game as the original just upgrading the graphics and adding a few more locations. From there we could toss in some hidden locations that have different effects for the game such as dungeons and a few hidden bosses. maybe toss in some ancient ruins that tie into some of the legends besides ura mais.

Plot :We could develop a few more of the bosses that are in the original game and make others more noticeable in the way of graphics and combat and the type of damage they deal. That would allow us to add a new twist to the plot and making things a little different such as have a few more places tied to legends and some hidden evil that Gods of the game are or have been suppressing.

Monsters: The same monsters with a few new additions at various places and add a rarity type to each such as normal and rare and legendary due to harder to find.

Seru : The same seru just adding new ones and various types like buffs and debuffs.
send link of pic or drawing/sketch and ill see about upgrading it or modifying it. just pm me link here
Art is in the eye of the beholder. http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... hitefeathe

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Re: Knight's Game ideas

Post by LegaiaWiki » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:29 am

I actually like these ideas as they're very similar to how I imagine a remake being. Only significant change I think would have to be present is a total revamp of the battle system. Turn-based RPGs these days aren't exactly well received compared to before, and there are many many articles on gaming sites that address this change in audience. While Legaia's battle system was very innovative for its time it would feel very dated if the TAS system were used again.

My idea of a perfect Legaia 3...

1) Add the changes that you suggested in the original post

2) Give it a world map similar to what was used in Shadow of the Colossus
Example: http://www.cocksauce.us/BWWWAAAAKK!!!/uploaded_i ... 754882.jpg ... So basically the world map would be huge and you could see your next destinations getting closer as you travel the continent. I think attention to atmosphere should be critical

3) Battles would be activated similar to Kingdom Hearts

4) Fights would be in real time and you would be able to switch between characters on the fly. While you're controlling one character the computer AI will be fighting with the other two. I think a good combat style would be something similar to DMC or Bayonetta, except with a more martial arts focus on the moves.

rknight808
Level 9

Post by rknight808 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:55 am

I agree with that and the fact the world map should be revamped entirely. I know very little about combat systems on how they work so i left it alone. Figured everyone would have a great idea for it.
send link of pic or drawing/sketch and ill see about upgrading it or modifying it. just pm me link here
Art is in the eye of the beholder. http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... hitefeathe

rknight808
Level 9

Post by rknight808 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:30 am

I believe Sise-Neg has brought up a good point for the revisist "Sise-Neg « Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:18 am » That would be cool. Also maybe a "relationship" system where depending on how you respond to Mei and Noa determines whether Vahn gets with her or Noa at the end, rather than having it depend on a choice"

kind of make it like the choices the player makes effects what happens in the game of sorts,although the character still has to get rid of the mist but he can go search for optional side quests and optional bosses.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 am

Sise-Neg wrote: I think a good combat style would be something similar to DMC or Bayonetta, except with a more martial arts focus on the moves.
As a big DMC fan, I agree completely :D

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:20 am

Well this bring up a good question from me. If the fighting style were to be completely revamped how would the seru system work out?
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Lonewulf
Level 9001

Post by Lonewulf » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Would be simple enough. Think of using spells in Kingdom Hears. That would basically be how Seru would fit in (I assume).
_______
Wulf Belmont, member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang.

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Yeah but it should be something a little more original dont you think, I dont want just a copy of KHs battle system
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Smudge
Level 8

Post by Smudge » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:08 am

Perhaps when you summon them you take control of the seru for a short time? The main character fades out and you'd be able to meander about the battlefield as iunno, Gimard or something, do a few attacks, and revert back to main character. Just a thought!

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:38 am

Well thats definitely new, but it still leaves what to do with the summoner. Do we leave him there to get attacked by other enemies or does he just turn straight into the seru. If we do leave him what happens if he gets attacked? do you lose control of the seru? do you take damage? that kind of stuff
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?