Back On Track

Ideas, wishes, etc. of a Legaia 3 all goes here.

Fighting System

The Good Old Classic Style
64%
A New Style (Ask Lone For Details)
36%

Total votes: 11

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Re: Back On Track

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Nah.
Why do you think I was quiet for like 5-10 pages?
it really do be like that tho

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:23 pm

Well what would you like to vote for?
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Idgac.

Why do you think I ignored the topic until now?

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Alright so IIRC you guys (Ram and Tic Tac) were arguing with Red about how long the sequel should be after the events of the first game (though when I saw it it was just Ram and Red arguing idk)

I'm with Red on this. 100+ years. 50 at the very least, and even then that seems to be pushing it

I do have an argument for this. At the end of the game (IIRC), Usha ended up going to Rim Elm and he talks to Vahn there. This means that people are free to travel the world again and they'll be safe. Maybe some wolves could attack them, but the Mist isn't around, and neither are the deranged Seru.

Everyone was isolated and separated for so long that travel is bound to happen. People are gonna explore, settle in, reunite with others, learn from each other, etc. The people of Legaia are gonna be connected again.

This isn't gonna be a fast process though. No, to recover from all of this and get the world in prosperous times again is gonna take...well, time. They were all separated for about 10 years. 10 years of possible advancement down the drain. They've gotta rebuild their world. They've gotta return to shape.

Let's say that, at the end of the game, the year there is 1000 (for easy counting). Around 990, the Mist came and blocked everyone off. In 1000, the Mist was finally vanquished thanks to Vahn, Noa, and Gala. You could expect them to have a fairly slow start just...awed that the world is at peace again. Let's give them about 1 or 2 years to go about their private businesses. Rim Elm would rebuild some stuff, Buma would be returning to shape, Sol gets a lot of buzz, etc. They get everything running smoothly again.

Now, over the next...let's say 10-ish years, comes the mass reconnecting part. Perhaps they develop better travel to replace the Seru Train. Now, maybe, we have rest stations/small inns along trails so that, should something like the Mist come back, people will be less isolated and they can find safety better. The people are gonna be more cautious and smart about this. There are gonna be a lot of people taking their families (maybe entire towns) and wandering the world. They wanna find a better place to live. Maybe they're unsatisfied with where they are now, or they've gotten sick of living in it. Maybe they've always wanted to live in another town. idk.

Now we're up to about the year 1012. At this point, the characters have all grown up about a decade each. They've likely settled into whatever lives they wanna lead, w/e y'all wanna make that being with pairings and families and raising Cort and w/e else. Now comes the advancement stuff. Places like Usha and Sol show that technology is already becoming a big factor (interestingly, it's all far away in the Karisto Kingdom). Rim Elm is supposedly far off and distant from the rest of the world, so this could explain why. At this time, they may also be wandering into "dungeons" like the forests and caves and start to explore. Settle there. Get samples and w/e they feel like. idk

Anyway, at this point, technology's gonna become bigger, I'd say. Transportation would become more convenient, there'd be advancements in medicine and food, etc. Also, they're likely to start constructing more towns in the empty space and expand on the ones they already have. This is gonna take at least some light machinery to help with the loads. This could continue for ever and ever, but let's say it takes 20 years to get a few new towns/cities built here and there and to clean up and get everyone running. Where does this put us? About...hm...1035 about ish, and that's being a bit generous.

Perhaps at this point, they're starting to expand and rebuild so much that it becomes too difficult with what they have, and so they experiment and decide to base new machinery on....the Seru. The Seru from those olden days that enabled people to lift heavy stones and fly. All that jazz. And so for the next...15 years they work to get everything right. They learn as much as they can about the Seru (who aren't around anymore) from the people who were alive at the time, books, etc. They figure out how they were able to do so, and replicate the effects in their own artificial Seru. The effects of these artificial Seru wouldn't be quite up to snuff with the originals, but they're good prototypes.

We're at 1050 now. Now comes the "fun" stuff. The artificial Seru end up being incredibly helpful, and so they wanna continue production on the things and make them better. However, perhaps there's a (rightful) fear that the whole Mist epidemic thing'll just happen again. Well, they get to work figuring out how the Mist made them crazy, and either they figure out how it worked or they just realize how to make the Mist unable to work on them. They spend the next 20+ years developing more advanced artificial Seru, and they're unable to become affected by the Mist. Towns start to expand into massive cities, people have settled all over the world, populations boom, etc

By this point (1070+), we're at another era of prosperity. Let's give them 20 years of peace. 1090+. This is when some big conflict can arise, w/e that may be.

Wow that was long. Sorry :\

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:15 am

I agree; That's what I was trying to say lol

20 years is WAY too small a time.

But I think 100 is the minimum; 300 being max

Besides, when you play legaia..... You want a whole new different landscape than from the old one. The land won't change in a decade... It's unreasonable to have a Hitler running around ever 20 years after the first one >____> it's best to give the world time to settle down from what happened with Cort.

Also I alway liked the new city idea. I have a few that would be awesome; I'm sure we all do. But seriously, what could POSSIBLY happen 20 years after the first epidemic? That's literally no time at all.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 am

redhollowlives999 wrote:I agree; That's what I was trying to say lol
Well I never heard your arguments in depth so...sorry
20 years is WAY too small a time.
Agreed. I mean, you could make an interesting story in the 20 years thing, but at the cost of "logic" (Who am I to say what's truly logical or not). You could explore the characters more or perhaps have conflict with budding governments or building cities or something

But a big bad guy trying to rule the world? I don't think 20 years would be enough time to get that done, PLUS bring the Seru back
But I think 100 is the minimum; 300 being max
300 seems like too much

Again you gotta consider that it's still a sequel, and people wouldn't want DRASTIC changes like that. 100 is a good range/thing to aim for, imo. It's enough time for the world to change, grow, conflict to arise, history to be written, and still keep close enough to Legaia as to make it feel like a sequel rather than a new world with some places having the same names
Besides, when you play legaia..... You want a whole new different landscape than from the old one. The land won't change in a decade...
I agree. the the the the I typed out long paragraphs explaining something close to what I think could happen lol
It's unreasonable to have a Hitler running around ever 20 years after the first one >____>
Agreed
it's best to give the world time to settle down from what happened with Cort.
Agreed
Also I alway liked the new city idea.
Well in 100 years there'd be quite a few new ones I'd think
I have a few that would be awesome; I'm sure we all do. But seriously, what could POSSIBLY happen 20 years after the first epidemic? That's literally no time at all.
Hm...well part of an argument is acknowledging the other side, so I'll give it a go:

1) Rebuilding of the world, plus expanding and new construction
2) Original characters are all grown up now. Regarded as heroes. Perhaps they're pestered by people. You could explore where they are at this time
3) They could've trained new young'ins to fight - Cort, possible children, etc
4) Conflict could arise around Biron. Perhaps the warrior-monks wanna change up some of the old rules. Perhaps others are totally against this. Maybe regular ol people are interested in worship/Biron as a god because of the events in the game. They're scared. But maybe the warrior-monks don't want it to spread as this big I have Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. in which people don't follow the strict teachings. Maybe a big, opposing I have Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. forms.

But in 20 years' time I don't believe the Seru could come back convincingly