Nightshade's LoL 3 Fanfic Discussion Thread

Ideas, wishes, etc. of a Legaia 3 all goes here.
Nightshade
Level 60

Nightshade's LoL 3 Fanfic Discussion Thread

Post by Nightshade » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Please direct comments, questions, criticisms, suggestions, etc. to this thread. I'd like to use the other thread only for posting the actual fan fic.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Re: Nightshade's LoL 3 Fanfic Discussion Thread

Post by LegaiaWiki » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:26 am

I like what's been posted so far, you've got a good writing style.

At 6'2 Kresh is pretty large for a Legaian haha. (We're not counting Che because he's a freak of nature lol)

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:59 am

I prefer to think that since LoL was a Japanese RPG, they went by average sized humans for what they knew, and Americans tend to be taller on average (though obviously, with exceptions galore).

Not to mention that Kresh is 18 and therefore a fully-grown adult, in comparison to the teenage heroes we're used to. (And besides, it's not an outrageous height in any case, so it's not too much to worry about.)
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Nightshade wrote:I prefer to think that since LoL was a Japanese RPG, they went by average sized humans for what they knew, and Americans tend to be taller on average (though obviously, with exceptions galore).

Not to mention that Kresh is 18 and therefore a fully-grown adult, in comparison to the teenage heroes we're used to. (And besides, it's not an outrageous height in any case, so it's not too much to worry about.)
For sure. I just thought it was funny in my mind due to the heights of many Legaian's being small.

Gala is 18 as well, btw. ;)

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:05 pm

I thought he was 17, but I'm not suggesting that I'm infallible either.

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:24 pm

He obtained the title of Master Teacher at 17, but he's 18. Songi is 19.

The translated character bios from the official V-Jump can be found here:

http://www.legendoflegaia.net/forums/vi ... f=12&t=182

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:18 pm

The more you know, I suppose. The thing I'm a little confused about is Noa's age. She was born right after the events of Rogue's Tower (NPC's stated that Queen Minea was due to give birth any day after those events). The Mist was also said to have enveloped Legaia for 10 years prior to the start of the game, but unless 2 years passed between the Mist demonstration and the formation of the Mist generators throughout Legaia (and the game does not seem to imply that it was that long), then something isn't adding up.

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Nightshade wrote:The more you know, I suppose. The thing I'm a little confused about is Noa's age. She was born right after the events of Rogue's Tower (NPC's stated that Queen Minea was due to give birth any day after those events). The Mist was also said to have enveloped Legaia for 10 years prior to the start of the game, but unless 2 years passed between the Mist demonstration and the formation of the Mist generators throughout Legaia (and the game does not seem to imply that it was that long), then something isn't adding up.
Well some time had passed between the first Mist outbreak and the Mist that covered Legaia. Cort needed time to put his scheme together. Cort may have been ambitious with his project at first, but due to statements by Queen Minea it's suggested that his plans for world domination didn't occur until after the Rogue fragment remained in Conkram along with the clam Seru, meaning he still had to get a whole plan together for the Mist Generators.

For everything to be put in place, I think two years between the day of the original Mist outbreak and the Mist that covered Legaia isn't unbelievable. NPCs state that the plan called for Jette to build a fortress in the north showing it had not yet been completed. A fortress that large would take some time, as well as for Cort to send his wise men to different parts of the globe to build Mist Generators in secret. Zora had to find Ra-Seru eggs to make more Mist Generators and Dohati had to go to Ratayu and get Saryu to put on the Sim-Seru and have him start doing the Seru Bride project. That took time as well, and it's kind of implied that Saryu had gone mad for a while. Also, it was stated by an NPC that the first Juggernaut rose out of Ratayu Palace right before the Mist invaded, and with the large number of young women that were sacrificed, I don't think it happened within the same months of the original Mist outbreak.

The generators seem to have all been completed and spewing out Mist within weeks or at most months of each other, but to get them in operation things had to be prepared, which is where the 2 years comes into play, imo.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:57 pm

At the same time, there's one thing that does bug me. Why did King Nebular wait two years before naming his daughter then (or at least, why did Noa's dream sequence seem to imply as much)? I'm not saying that two years is unrealistic, but maybe I'm just overthinking things. In any case, I'm going to go ahead and post the first part of chapter two before heading off to sleep.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:06 pm

I just read chapter 1. So far it's pretty good - I'll read more of it when I get the chance. :) Keep it up!
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html