BIG changes on their way!

Anything new on the website/forums is posted here. Keep up to date!
K73SK
Level 89

BIG changes on their way!

Post by K73SK » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Alright, this news wasn't going to be announced quite yet since 1.) I didn't expect to do it so soon and 2.) I was still debating with myself on doing it or not. Anyway, the news is that this site is going in for a makeover. A completely new one, that is. The entire site is going to be using PHP with MySQL as the primary languages along with a little bit of JavaScript where necessary.

So, what else goes with these changes? Well the first part of this is that I'm not going to be making large updates to the site until the makeover is complete, or at least close to complete. Major updates would include me finishing the Legaia 2 section. The goal of the new site is to make creating pages, items, etc. much easier and for the ability to make modifications to the site easier for those who have the right privileges to do so. Also, if something were to happen to myself or I were to leave the site, it's unlikely this website would continue forward. Obviously, no one wants that! Minor changes to the website will still be made (such as fix typo's, broken links, or minor forum bugs) because... well, they're easy and won't take much time out of fixing compared to some of the larger things (such as the interest not working in the bank or more updates to the forums).

Now, since the entirity of the new site will be programmed, doing this by myself can take quite a long time, especially with my tight schedule. This is why I'm also looking for someone who's going to be able to help. We're looking for someone who matches the following criteria:
* Knowledge in HTML, CSS, ASP.NET.
* Knowledge in the security in ASP.NETto avoid security holes on the site
* 2+ years experience in programming and/or web design.
* Very organized with their code.
* Has experience with Linux (the programming will be done via a terminal) and Google Drive.

Now, before people ask, this position is a **NO PAY** position, except under one circumstance. That circumstance is when donations exceed the requirement to renew the site for another year. So this brings me to my next part of the longest announcement I've ever made here.

The site is run on donations, as everyone here knows by now, and all donations have been used straight towards this site. For those who are also interested in helping this site have a new makeover/design and at a much faster rate, your donations will definitely help keep people interested in helping make it faster. Not only will it let us programmers more willing to use our own time to program the site, but it'll be used towards work - not just free money. So instead of donations exceeding the yearly renewal going towards the site as a "thank you" gift, they'll be used towards all programmers and designers who partake in this new site upgrade.

Interested? Email me at support@legendoflegaia.net or PM me in the forums (K73SK). Thanks all for your time in reading this!
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Cheeseroll
Level 15

Re: BIG changes on their way!

Post by Cheeseroll » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:48 pm

Hmmm. I think I can help but it also depends on my free time though.

* Yeah, I know (if not plenty) HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL and Javascript.
* If you're talking about SQL Injection and such, I'm willing to learn about it.
* Does programming for school count?
* I'm pretty organized with my code, well I make sure am.
* We had some lessons about Linux such as the terminal commands but I know that's not enough. But I have a Google Drive. :D