Forum Dollars FAQ

Anything new on the website/forums is posted here. Keep up to date!
K73SK
Level 89

Forum Dollars FAQ

Post by K73SK » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:23 am

To keep this easy to understand without an announcement topic going crazy over it, I have made an organized post on exactly how you get the forum dollars, what they are, and what you can use them for.

**************************Forum Dollars**************************

What are they?
Forum dollars are a currency used on the site to purchase things in the (Forum) Store. At the time of this FAQ posting, there are only Pet Seru for purchase. Save up some Forum Dollars to get as many as you can! Make a really useful and popular thread to make even more! Read below on information in getting them.

Where can I view how much I have?
Nearly everywhere. If you see your own post in the forums, you can see how many you have under your user details. You can also view how much you have in your profile, and if you're among the richest of members, you can view it on the front page at the very bottom.

Can I donate them to other people?
Yes you can! Perhaps you're so rich that you want to help out newbies to the site...Maybe you want to give someone Forum Dollars for some kind of service, etc. Method one in getting to it is to click the donate button next to another users Dollars (found under their information in a post). The second way is to go to a persons profile and click the donate button next to their Dollar amount. Leave a comment when donating to keep from confusing people!

Can I lose them?
The main reason you'll lose them is if you make a bad post/topic. It'll just lead you to not only a warning, but subtracting the amount of dollars you got. If you go and spend them all for some item in the store, you'll lose the item without a refund for the dollars, so don't go trying to fool me!

**************************Getting Forum Dollars**************************

How can I get them?
1. Posting topics (but not useless spamming ones).
2. Replying to topics.
3. Having people reply to your topic. (As of phpBB, I'm not sure if this works...We'll see)
4. From donations.
5. From helping the website from errors and incorrect information.
6. Providing ideas.
7. Reporting posts that people make in which say ">>> Warning <<<" (250G) or ">>>This word will still ban you<<<" (1000G) (posts must be made as of 11/02/2013)

How are they distributed through the forums?
$5.00 - Post an "Idea" topic for the website/forums in the Idea Forum.
$2.00 - Creating topics anywhere else.
$1.00 - For each reply you make to another topic, including your own.

How are they distributed through the website?
These are NOT for the forums. Correcting someones typo in the forums by notifying them is NOT going to get you anything. These are only for the main site (well, unless there's a broken link on the forums somewhere).

$5.00 - Typo's (e.g. "Gimerd" instead of "Gimard")
$10.00 - Improper Title/name (e.g. the Gimard page says "Vera" in the title of the browser)
$20.00 - Broken Links (e.g. You clicked "Seru" to find that the link throws you an error or redirects to the wrong location)
$35.00 - Missing items (e.g. I didn't mention a treasure chest found in Rim Elm under the items page)
$50.00 - False information (e.g. if I said Gimard was a water Seru)

Are they distributed in any other way?
Yes! At the moment, here are the other distributions:

$50.00 - For every better "drawing" of a pet seru you can provide, I will give you $50. They must be 20x20 pixels..Yes a small piece to work with. It's not easy!
$10,000.00 - If you can provide the forums with a better custom theme of your own (completely your own), it's Legaia related, works with all the mods, and if it's approved by the community, via a vote, the money is yours.
For each $1 you donate to LegendOfLegaia.net (yes, a real $1) through the donate page on the front, you will get $100 Forum Dollars.

$0.10 * point count - If you catch a fish with a score that has not been recorded on the Fishing Page (e.g. you caught a 72 point fish that was large and was only recorded as 68-71 on the fishing page), you'll get 10 cents for each point. So if it's a fish that costs 300 points, you made 30 forum dollars.

**************************Using Forum Dollars**************************

How do I use them and where?
At the moment, the only thing you can do with the money is purchase Pet Seru. See at the top, "Store?" Click that to view the store in which you can purchase your Seru. Simply click "Seru Pets" and click "buy" on the one you want to purchase. Notice the information regarding each "pet."

Now, you're not done yet! You have purchased the item, but you'll notice that you don't have the pet showing in your posts/profile yet (or do you? sometimes you do)! You must now go to "User Control Panel." In there, click "Shop." You will see the Seru Pet in there. Click "Display on Shelf" to show it off to everyone. You cannot rid of pet Seru...They're permanently part of your collection. And no, you cannot buy more than one! :)
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

K73SK
Level 89

Re: Forum Dollars FAQ

Post by K73SK » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Added the following way of getting some extra forum dollars:

7. Reporting posts that people make in which say ">>> Warning <<<" (250G) or ">>>This word will still ban you<<<" (1000G) (posts must be made after 11/02/2013)

Basically, when you see either of these messages in a post or chat message, they indicate someone broke the rules with some kind of curse word or material that's against the rules. We will investigate whether it's a glitch or a real term that is against the rules. If the latter, you'll be rewarded with the amount mentioned. Naturally, all reports are confidential.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html