New Forums (Part 1)

Anything new on the website/forums is posted here. Keep up to date!
K73SK
Level 89

New Forums (Part 1)

Post by K73SK » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:51 pm

"Woah what happen" - this may be what you're asking.

I've reinstalled the forums from scratch - minus all the data. I have NOT deleted the old data and I have kept the records of how many points + pets each user has. This is the start to me initiating a conversion of the forums to work with the main website (so you can basically have a makeshift SSO for the website and forums).

Of course, this does mean you won't have any points/G/Pets on the forums right now. I will be continuing to work on the forums to bring brack some of the previous mods + modifying it to match closer to the actual website rather than the old phpBB forums.

While it may not look great now or may be a lil' frustrating, just be patient while I work on the forums. Not to mention, the forums were so far behind that the version we had was pretty insecure. :)

Please post here if you find ANY bugs on the new forums from the installation. The database had to be cleaned quite a bit to make things pretty again, so to speak.

Part 1 is simply upgrading the forums and removing the old mods from the forums so that it's a clean and normal install of phpBB.
Part 2 will be configuring the forums, settings, etc.
Part 3 will be setting up "SSO" for the forums to the new site
Part 4 will be creating and/or validating users in the database for the website + forums and that they stay in sync (i.e. post count)
Part 5 will be re-creating the "G" mod
Part 6 will be showing the Seru pets in the forums like on the main site
Part 7+ TBD
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Nitwit
Level 18

Re: New Forums (Part 1)

Post by Nitwit » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:49 pm

This is good fam. :3
Next time on Dragon Ball Z! Playing on the Switch will get me to kill some fools. Tune in to Dragon Ball Z to find out. 8-)

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:03 pm

I am contractually obligated to ask: Is the arcade coming back at some point?
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Unfortunately, flash games on the internet are becoming less and less common. With that, the arcade is basically becoming useless and it seems that support for the plugin is almost naught.

That being said, Unity Engine does allow for games to be played in the browser. If a plugin/extension doesn't already exist, that would be a fun project to take on - then we could bring back the arcade in that way.

As for high scores, records, and all that stuff - I don't see that being something that'll be coming back in the same fashion as before, unfortunately. :(
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html