Hajime no Ippo

Movies and TV shows are always good...There's too many to list that I like!
Zup
Level 99

Re: Hajime no Ippo

Post by Zup » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Her name is Kumi. She's great.

I went and rewatched the final fight of the series. Still the greatest fight I've ever seen in anime (although to be honest the bar hasn't been set all that high other than a few examples).

When you get to Round 62 and beyond:

YO HOW 'BOUT DAT DEMPSEY ROLL SONNNN

My panties are too wet.

Move is too manly.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Zup wrote:Her name is Kumi.
Yeah. Doctor lady. That's what I said.
I went and rewatched the final fight of the series. Still the greatest fight I've ever seen in anime (although to be honest the bar hasn't been set all that high other than a few examples).
I'll believe it when I see it.

My panties are too wet.
And with good reason bruh.

The series definitely deserves all the praise you've given it so far. Definitely one of the best in it's specific genre.
it really do be like that tho

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:19 pm

Once you're finished I'm 'onna sploosh all over this thread with an in-depth review filled with glowing, never-ending praise on why it's the greatest.

You're comin' up to a beautiful Sunday Punch and Takamura greatness soon.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:26 pm

I'm so hyped.

Nothin's bad about this show so far. That's a rare for me.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:39 pm

I just finished rewatchin' New Challenger, and a few things I feel the need'a warn you about:

1) Make sure you watch the Champion Road movie first. It, unlike New Challenger and Rising, is dubbed.

2) New Challenger was made years after the original series. As a result, it looks more expensive, but at the same time just a little more "plasticky"

3) New Challenger is a lot more "anime-y" than the first series

4) The series isn't strictly about Ippo's growth as a boxer and person anymore. The spotlight moves to other characters like Miyata and Takamura, and because the episode count is a fraction'a the first series', the spotlight time is much more equal across the major characters.

Rising just finished airing March earlier this year. I'm about to watch it for the first time myself. Ooooh wee I'm hyped.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Zup wrote:2) New Challenger was made years after the original series. As a result, it looks more expensive, but at the same time just a little more "plasticky"
I was worried the art style might've change a tad. >.>
But the realism of the first series is one of its best qualities. :/
4) The series isn't strictly about Ippo's growth as a boxer and person anymore. The spotlight moves to other characters like Miyata and Takamura, and because the episode count is a fraction'a the first series', the spotlight time is much more equal across the major characters.
I have absolutely no problem with that. Both those characters are great, and so are the others.
Rising just finished airing March earlier this year. I'm about to watch it for the first time myself. Ooooh wee I'm hyped.
How many episodes are these other series in total?

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:12 pm

Redhollowlives999 wrote:
Zup wrote:2) New Challenger was made years after the original series. As a result, it looks more expensive, but at the same time just a little more "plasticky"
I was worried the art style might've change a tad. >.>
It has, and not in a 100% better way. Champion Road (the movie) looks absolutely gorgeous, as it's the same style as the first series, but with a dedicated budget (because it was a one-off project).

Some parts of New Challenger look fantastic, whereas some elements feel flat and a tad lifeless. The fights are still excellent, however, and from what I've seen of Rising, it gets back to the original series' style but enhanced and budgeted up.

So in summation: New Challenger's gonna look a little weird at first/at times, but it still looks great in combat. It's similar to the third opening in the first series visually in battle.
But the realism of the first series is one of its best qualities. :/
I agree, and that was a bummer the first time I saw New Challenger, and it didn't help that it was backed by typecasted Japanese voicing. But it isn't completely out there, and it still retains a good portion'a its original identity.

Again, 's mostly the beginnin' that'll be the roughest to adjust to.

They also crank up Ippo's idolization of Miyata in a very Japanese way

How many episodes are these other series in total?
New Challenger's 26, and Rising's 25.

'Nother thing you'll prolly notice is that it feels a little stumpier because'a this. But it's compensated by not focusing on Ippo so much that it doesn't need to have repeated training session and growth arcs, so it isn't anything bad by any means.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm waaay too excited over the final Sendo vs Ippo fight. It's gonna be HYPE.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:26 pm

It is, and 's still the greatest fight in anime. Their first fight was already oozing with manliness, but it ramps it up even harder.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:22 am

Will this last longer than 2 episodes? Most fights don't last longer than that. I want foam from my mouth for SEVERAL episode.