what are your favorite anime shows/movies?

Movies and TV shows are always good...There's too many to list that I like!
Zup
Level 99

Re: what are your favorite anime shows/movies?

Post by Zup » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Not a big Naruto fan. I do like Kakashi tho and of course MAH BOY ROCK LEE.

I do remember watching some of the earlier episodes and playing some games. I liked a few of the characters and I thought the fights were pretty cool to watch. But other than that I never got into it. Never really cared for the story, most of the characters didn't interest me in any way, etc.

CloakedDeception
Level 20

Post by CloakedDeception » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:39 pm

van wrote:I absolutely adore Sakura, one of my favorite fictional characters period. Though I've outgrown Naruto, her character still interest me and makes me attempt to try to watch the show again. Stopped around 135, then watched a few Shippuuden episodes, either the anime got worse or my attention span decreased.
Sakura got forgotten for about 20 chapters in the manga. But she's shining immensely in the latest volume if you want to look it up.
I feel like Sakura (unlike Hinata who has a constant role of the quiet-girl-with-inner-strength archetype) gets forgotten intentionally from time to time so that when she does get the screen time, she can show how much she's improved.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:57 pm

van wrote:Though I've outgrown Naruto
... I don't understand.
her character still interest me and makes me attempt to try to watch the show again.
... Why? >.>
Sakura wasn't even the best character- in fact Hinata was (hands down).
Stopped around 135, then watched a few Shippuuden episodes, either the anime got worse or my attention span decreased.
It's most likely the second one- if anything, it got better.
Finally added more of a serious side to the show as opposed to the basic goofy show Naruto was. (Granted it had some serious moments, but everything after was just comedy.)

And this time Naruto actually has a chance at being Hokage. >____>
it really do be like that tho

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Has anyone seen Steamboy? Someone gave it to me and I never feel like watching it. Its made by the same guy who made Akira, but this one received a much lower rating.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

van
Level 27

Post by van » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:51 pm

redhollowlives999 wrote:
van wrote:Though I've outgrown Naruto
... I don't understand.
What don't you understand; my interests aren't the same as what they were five or six years ago.
redhollowlives999 wrote:
van wrote:her character still interest me and makes me attempt to try to watch the show again.
... Why? >.>
Sakura wasn't even the best character- in fact Hinata was (hands down).
Because I like Sakura? She has character traits that I find interesting in a character. I didn't realize my opinions were so blatantly incorrect because they didn't match up with yours.
redhollowlives999 wrote:
van wrote:Stopped around 135, then watched a few Shippuuden episodes, either the anime got worse or my attention span decreased.
It's most likely the second one- if anything, it got better.
Finally added more of a serious side to the show as opposed to the basic goofy show Naruto was. (Granted it had some serious moments, but everything after was just comedy.)
Well, it's probably a combination of both, my interests changing, my attention span shrinking, and quite honestly the show got worse. They began to drag things out too much in the second part, and some of the elements that made the show clever in part one just wasn't there.
Twitter | Seahawks | Mariners | Sonics | \\n/

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:31 am

van wrote:What don't you understand; my interests aren't the same as what they were five or six years ago.
Then that doesn't mean you've "outgrown" it. >___> It simply doesn't interest you anymore- you're trying to hard in saying something simple. Age and "growth" has nothing to do with interest, though EXPERIENCE throughout life and "growth" does have an effect on "interests". But just saying "I outgrew it" is like saying one day you liked the show and the next day you woke up find it annoying to watch (not saying you find it annoying, but you should get the idea).
van wrote:Because I like Sakura? She has character traits that I find interesting in a character.
LIKE?
I didn't realize my opinions were so blatantly incorrect because they didn't match up with yours.
I never said that. >___>
Sakura showed no potential at all in the beginning of the series, her Chakra control and her alter ego were the only interesting things about her. Other than that all she did was spectate and practically narrate. She always needed someone to protect her in the beginning. And even later on, she STILL did next to nothing. Her relationship with Ino, her battle with those sound ninjas, and her battle with Ino were really the only times she ever got any REAL development in Naruto.

It's been like 600 chapters and NOW she shows potential as a character and fighter.

redhollowlives999 wrote: Well, it's probably a combination of both, my interests changing, my attention span shrinking, and quite honestly the show got worse.
I disagree but whatever.
They began to drag things out too much in the second part,
What successful anime DOESN'T drag things out? >.>
Most of the time it's not even because they want to drag it out, it's because the fanbase never shut up.
Tite Kubo (Bleach) had to deal with a lot of angry fans when he ended the Anime. In fact, he had to extend the whole series (through the Manga) because fans got angry that in the end "nothing was really answered."

And the Creator of Dragon Ball Z left at its completion because "his job was done." He successfully created the series he wanted. He wanted no part in any other Dragon Ball franchise no matter what the fans wanted- thus he wasn't involved in the creation of DB GT. The fans just don't quit. And look what happened in the end, GT sucked (compared to the rest of the series. It was alright otherwise).
and some of the elements that made the show clever in part one just wasn't there.
... Like? >.>

The Shippuden wasn't meant to be like Naruto. It's suppose to be completely different iirc. The point is to show Naruto's progression even further. The enemies aren't street level like before, in fact, they become celestially dangerous. There's a chapter where (iirc) Madara throws a meteor the size of Manhattan at the Kages. Then when they "caught/stopped" the meteor, the threw another one the same size of it on top the first. I'm not too sure where that way.

To be honest, I'm just waiting for the bloody series to end, after that and Bleach end, I'm not really reading any more. Most manga and anime all have a similar plot/cliched climaxes/etc. There are only 7 (or more I'm not remembering) I've actually read that are amazing and worthy of rereading/rewatching:

Usagi Drop (Anime [ended], Manga[ended], and Live Action Movie that didn't suck).
Cowboy Bebop (If you don't know then kill yourself).
Alive: The Final Evolution (manga only).
Kaze no Stigma (Anime [ended], Manga [ended]).
Naruto [Shippuden] (Anime, Manga).
Bleach (Anime [ended], Manga, possible Live Action Movie soon).
Dragon Ball [Z] (if you don't know, then REALLY kill yourself).

van
Level 27

Post by van » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:04 pm

@red

I didn't realize you were so dead set on wanting other to have the same opinion as you. I don't know what your problem is with me using the term "outgrow" and why you care so much that I like Sakura. Successful anime doesn't not mean I have to like it. I don't know what your exact insecurities are, but take them elsewhere if you want to have an actual conversation about this topic.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:23 pm

van wrote:@red

I didn't realize you were so dead set on wanting other to have the same opinion as you.
>____> There you go again.

This is a discussion- no one is trying to change anyone. I'm simply stating my opinion on the matter. If you feel pressured when it comes to intense discussions then just say so, but just rudely saying "you're insecure" is... well... rude. And I DEFINITELY know about being rude.
And I would like to know because I see no possible explanation, since you see the need to not back up why you believe your favorite character is "interesting". It's like saying Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream is delicious, but then not telling me what are the qualities of the ice cream that make it delicious like texture, costs, colors/basic appearance.

Is it that weird that I like to hear from different perspectives? >.>

van
Level 27

Post by van » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:23 pm

@red

I never said people were trying to change others, nor did I say that you were insecure. I would probably more respectable of this conversation and actually add my opinion if you weren't being so ignorant and telling others to "REALLY kill" themselves.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:27 pm

van wrote:I never said people were trying to change others, nor did I say that you were insecure.
van wrote:I don't know what your exact insecurities are...
In order for one to have insecurities, they must be insecure.
Which is especially hard for me because I don't really care enough to... care. Really only to understand other minds is one of my quests.
I would probably more respectable of this conversation and actually add my opinion if you weren't being so ignorant and telling others to "REALLY kill" themselves.
That's not an excuse to not give a respectable and opinion filled argument. I don't care what you think of me. Quite frankly I'm find you rather arrogant atm. But I didn't feel the need to just blurt it out.

I hear no complaints when Prayer says it. >:P

And I say it in meaning that it's just a think you should know- even if you don't like the show.
Example? K7 dislikes DBZ, but iirc, even he admitted to screaming "KAMEHAMEHA" at some point if his 20 something years of life. It's just stuff you should know. If you don't know that Dragonball Z is an Anime, a Manga, and has Live Action Movie, then really. That's sad for an anime lover.

I'm not saying my decision is final, but I am saying you're argument isn't computing with be- because you're not really giving an argument. You're just sitting there calling me ignorant because you can't keep up with my pace (because at this point, that's how it appears to be). The way I see it, you're saying "Sakura is awesome, and the show got worse", and you're trying to bite my arm of for asking why instead of simply saying answering me and not acting like I'm the bad guy. >____>

Has anyone actually seen this DBZ movie? >.>
I'm waiting for the English Dub (because the English Dub is WAYYY better than the Japanese version), but I'm also waiting for some form of review from fans that were too impatient to wait.