The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

Movies and TV shows are always good...There's too many to list that I like!
Zup
Level 99

Re: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

Post by Zup » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Redhollowlives999 wrote: But since season two (if even), Mako hasn't really done much. As opposed to some characters that had more of a role when the time was right, like Lin. Lin shined in Books one and three, and she's not even a part of the main gaang. Mako played some what of an important role in book one, but it was only because of that horrible love triangle. In book two, he did alright as a side story, what with his issue with Varrick and such. But even that was eh.
That I can agree with. And that's a shame, since he does have plentya potential.

I really want a Mawko vs. Bolin fight. No legit bad blood, but just a "sorry bruh gotta do this 'cause we're on opposin' sides" or somethin' along those lines. Not out to kill, but one has to hold the other off or somethin'. They'd have to write it well, but it would be very satisfying, and just the kinda jolt the side characters (particularly Mawko) needs.

the the the the I'd be fine with him winning that fight (in all honesty, he's the better fighter).

... Ikki... right?
Yeah that sounds right.

....She really needs more time too.

This season better be the best.
Iunno mane....Season three was excellent, and a pretty tall order to beat. There's definitely potential for this one to be better (particularly if they absolve the issue of Korra never actually beating anyone other than, like, chumps and Amon).

All they gotta do for me is keep it consistent with the baseline quality of season three, focus on Korra (by allowin' her to grow, to think, to evoke, and to speak her mind more), at least skirt over the issue of the messiah/hero figure role, and ramp up the combat even more, and it'll be within the same range as season three. Anything more can push it over the top.

This is the last season, so I wanna see progression. This is the end-game stuff of video games that so many things screw up that I want them to get right -- Korra needs to succeed because of everything she's learned up until this point. I want to see that. I don't want her just to beat the bad guy, or perhaps even just sacrifice herself or die or quit and live quietly by itself, I need it to be a conclusion of her character arc.

And also, I think I read somewhere that Korra visits Zaheer's prison or somethin', so iunno how that affects your penultimate enemy opinion.
Keep his こし in prison. Do NOT let him come back as the big bad or anything of the sort. He had his time, and we've seen all we needed to from him.

A talk is fine, 'specially because a talk with Zaheer'd essentially be the perfect catalyst for the Superman theme, which I desperately wanna see. Season three sowed the seeds for it, but now they gotta let that tree grow or it'll be an enormous waste.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Zup wrote:That I can agree with. And that's a shame, since he does have plentya potential.
Iunno if I can agree with that. He DID have a lot of potential, and who knows, maybe he still can develop and make a comeback. But his character's pretty established and he's pretty much goin' nowhere at this point. But the time skip might change that.
I really want a Mawko vs. Bolin fight. No legit bad blood, but just a "sorry bruh gotta do this 'cause we're on opposin' sides" or somethin' along those lines. Not out to kill, but one has to hold the other off or somethin'. They'd have to write it well, but it would be very satisfying, and just the kinda jolt the side characters (particularly Mawko) needs.

the the the the I'd be fine with him winning that fight (in all honesty, he's the better fighter).
It'd be great development for both of them. I'd be down for that.

Yeah that sounds right.

....She really needs more time too.
Agreed. 'Specially cuz she's already matured and we pretty much have no clue who she is. Only thing I remember her for was her interaction with Katara in book one.

Iunno mane....Season three was excellent, and a pretty tall order to beat. There's definitely potential for this one to be better (particularly if they absolve the issue of Korra never actually beating anyone other than, like, chumps and Amon).
This is actually my only problem. Book 3 was literally too good. Whether they'll be able to top it or not is beyond me and is up to their abilities as the writers.

Ordinarily I'd rely on fanbase reactions for this, but the problem there is that they finished book 4 before book 3 even aired. So it's kinda all or nothing now.

All they gotta do for me is keep it consistent with the baseline quality of season three, focus on Korra (by allowin' her to grow, to think, to evoke, and to speak her mind more), at least skirt over the issue of the messiah/hero figure role, and ramp up the combat even more, and it'll be within the same range as season three. Anything more can push it over the top.

This is the last season, so I wanna see progression. This is the end-game stuff of video games that so many things screw up that I want them to get right -- Korra needs to succeed because of everything she's learned up until this point. I want to see that. I don't want her just to beat the bad guy, or perhaps even just sacrifice herself or die or quit and live quietly by itself, I need it to be a conclusion of her character arc.
This is literally all that's left to do. There's NOTHING left. They've hit everything except THAT. Finish it in one piece.

Keep his こし in prison. Do NOT let him come back as the big bad or anything of the sort. He had his time, and we've seen all we needed to from him.
Agreed.
A talk is fine, 'specially because a talk with Zaheer'd essentially be the perfect catalyst for the Superman theme, which I desperately wanna see. Season three sowed the seeds for it, but now they gotta let that tree grow or it'll be an enormous waste.
Really, for Zaheer's character, a talk is all he NEEDS, dude doesn't even need to physically BE there. He managed to do so much damage by just talking about his Philosophy. Backed up everything he said (minus the killing Korra part, but let's face it she was pretty much dead), was already good enough to take on several of the "top dawgs", etc. Dude was rad, but he should really only have an episode to himself--I don't want them to ruin him with too much boasting, or talking in general.
it really do be like that tho

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:23 pm

Redhollowlives999 wrote:Iunno if I can agree with that. He DID have a lot of potential, and who knows, maybe he still can develop and make a comeback. But his character's pretty established and he's pretty much goin' nowhere at this point. But the time skip might change that.
No, he still has it. The fact that he, as a character, has felt and acknowledged actual repercussions because of that love triangle garbage is a great way to give him some growth and whatnot. He's playin' the straight man, he's got the relationship with Wu, his reformed cop self, etc. He has the means to be a good character -- not Brolin or anything of the sort, but that shoulda never been asked of him; it's not his personality. He can become a good character just by bein' written as a good dude who learns from his mistakes and grows up into a responsible adult. Bein' skilled at his job'd be great too.

Just keep the romance away from him. No hook-ups with any of the established girls. Let him have a background character behind-the-scenes relationship form after alla this battle stuff ends.

Agreed. 'Specially cuz she's already matured and we pretty much have no clue who she is. Only thing I remember her for was her interaction with Katara in book one.
The kids should all get time with Tenzin and Pema. Just a nice solid scene with them as the central characters to show their growth, the parent-child dynamic, etc.

But keep Jinora's role to a minimum. She had her time in the spotlight, and it was an absurdly large spotlight at that. Dabble with the Kai relationship, but don't put that front and center. Ever.

It'd be innerestin' to see if there was even the slightest bit of jealousy from Meelo and Ikki over Jinora's recent history, and have them sort that out. The show writes sibling stuff well -- much better'n its romance.

Ordinarily I'd rely on fanbase reactions for this, but the problem there is that they finished book 4 before book 3 even aired. So it's kinda all or nothing now.
If that's the case, it should be fine. Perhaps not as much of an evolution due to not bein' able to incorporate a lotta the input from response to season three, but it should be solid, and it already seems like it'll be just fine from the first episode and the teaser trailers alone.

Really, for Zaheer's character, a talk is all he NEEDS, dude doesn't even need to physically BE there. He managed to do so much damage by just talking about his Philosophy. Backed up everything he said (minus the killing Korra part, but let's face it she was pretty much dead), was already good enough to take on several of the "top dawgs", etc. Dude was rad, but he should really only have an episode to himself--I don't want them to ruin him with too much boasting, or talking in general.
I meant for Korra's sake, not his. He doesn't even need any development or any real insight at this point. We fully understand his character. Sure, a scene backed by a three-year gap'd likely bring with it a few new tidbits, but it doesn't have to be enormous. But he led the tipping point to Korra's spiritual defeat and the shakiness of the Avatar/Messiah/Superman role, and that's why he'd be the perfect instrument for helping solidify that as a theme of the show.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:02 pm

This was shown at Comic Con here (yes it's legit):
10698499_347543275370270_750048594626688442_n.png

I gotta say, LoK/TLA has some of the best memes. I mean have you ever tried googling the words "Zuko" and "Honor" in that order? It's ridiculous (and hilarious).

1545918_346977928760138_5413641236938875274_n.jpg

THE HONOR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:36 am

The Boulder
Cabbages
Honor
Blind jokes

Those're the best kinds.

Feeble turtleduck was a nice recent one.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:34 am

Those are all my tops.

Which reminds me, someone drew the gag for Toph/Kuvira you wanted to see.

It's awesome.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Hype

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:28 pm

I heard somewhere she called Korra Twinkletoes.

She's the best. Nope. Everyone go home. Toph wins.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Yupperdoodles. Last line of the episode.

Episode was good. Korra with that SHORT HAIR OOMPH waifu.

Haircut was the best thing to happen to the show.

And in about two weeks or so we get the gameeee

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:17 pm

This show is nothing but hype at this point. Korra dun surpassed all the gals.

Opal girl you need to step up yo game cuz u been slackin'.