One Piece

Movies and TV shows are always good...There's too many to list that I like!
Nitwit
Level 18

One Piece

Post by Nitwit » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Let's talk about our favorite series of all time! :D
Next time on Dragon Ball Z! Playing on the Switch will get me to kill some fools. Tune in to Dragon Ball Z to find out. 8-)

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Re: One Piece

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:36 pm

I could've sworn we had a One Piece thread... Weiiiirrrd.

And it is most certainly not my favorite
It's meh to me.

Also I keep mispronouncing Luffy's name so screw'em too. (looffy or luffy?)
it really do be like that tho

Nitwit
Level 18

Post by Nitwit » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Redhollowlives999 wrote:I could've sworn we had a One Piece thread... Weiiiirrrd.

And it is most certainly not my favorite
It's meh to me.

Also I keep mispronouncing Luffy's name so screw'em too. (looffy or luffy?)
And in other news today. Rebecca may join the Strawhats and a flame war will commence online. lol
Next time on Dragon Ball Z! Playing on the Switch will get me to kill some fools. Tune in to Dragon Ball Z to find out. 8-)

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:34 pm

I agree with Red, its meh. I probably found out about it too late.

The best thing is the guy with the three swords, I think its interesting how a martial arts style could possibly incorporate that.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

Nitwit
Level 18

Post by Nitwit » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:06 pm

IronJustice wrote:I agree with Red, its meh. I probably found out about it too late.

The best thing is the guy with the three swords, I think its interesting how a martial arts style could possibly incorporate that.
Zoro is very awesome for someone who's not used to the three sword style. Even as a kid. He always wanted to be a greatest swordsman who'll ever live. And lost his friend to a bunch of stairs because of that. lol

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Wait... What?

I seriously don't understand the appeal of the show--care to explain it's good points?

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:31 pm

While I agree that its mediocre and I am not a fan, here are a few of the show's merits from my perspective.
-Unpredictable original story
-Mix of action, humor, and drama
-Creative character and world designs
-Pirates are awesome.

And as I said earlier, Zoro is cool and easily the best character in the series. He really seems like a character out of a better and more realistic story thrown into this one. He says what I'm thinking sometimes.

As for the downfalls...
-Dues ex Machina to the extreme. Nothing is at stake and there is no risk because impossible situations magically are resolved for no good reason.
-Luffy is annoying as the the the the. He was fun at first, but a little bit of him goes a long way. He should have been a side character, not the main protagonist.
-The writing is very inconsistent. Some (very few)episodes seem well crafted, while others are total garbage.
-The show has gone on TOO LONG! 500,000 is too many episodes. They ran out of good ideas years ago. There is no reason why their 'journey' should still be going on.

Also the 4kids version was unwatchable. It suppressed almost everything good about the show and added in more stupidity.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:37 pm

... I just stopped watching it cuz the art style was ugly and it bored me as a kid.

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Wow, as a kid it even bored you. I thought part of the reason I don't like it much is that I was like 23 when I first heard of the show.

Nitwit
Level 18

Post by Nitwit » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Redhollowlives999 wrote:Wait... What?

I seriously don't understand the appeal of the show--care to explain it's good points?
Well... It's a show about the golden age of pirates. As Gold Roger was consider the greatest man who has ever lived and that he was the first to set sail in the new world to find raftel an island that rumor has it stored all the worlds treasure into that said island and became the first Pirate King.

And the World Government are like the lapdogs of the more powerful secret society of old people. The Gorosei.

But as he was ahead of his prime, he gain a mysterious illness that costed him to get weaker as he's lifespan decreases whenever someone has The Will of D.

He decided to turn himself in to the Marines and before they execute the King Pirate. He said that he had hiden a great treasure on a island in the new world and whoever will find it will become the next King of the Pirates.

Now you might think that it's a boring children show from Japan that's only popular because the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise that Disney made popular for a new generation?

Well? That's not the case! :lol:

It's more complicated than that if you never read the manga it's based on?

And for something that lasted for 704 episodes in 16 years of its lifetime on television. It beat The Simpson's in a short amount of time had The Simpson's been adapted from a comic? lol

The manga is way better. But if you don't like Black and White Color wash. Than I recommend you go to the website. Batoto. And read it in color. ;) http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/one-piece ... ics-r10004