Durarara

Movies and TV shows are always good...There's too many to list that I like!
Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Durarara

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:13 pm

Y'all need to get to watchin' this.

Seaaaasssooon twoooo (imma watch it now).

Shizuooooooooo's so manly. <3333

Celty such a baaaaaaae. <4444

Izayaaaaaaaa. <3

shizuooooooooooo thoooooooooo

wut a handsome upstandin' gent

don't forget to floss after eating the bones of those who defy you

I'll avoid postin' more than that fer now cuz any more would be too much fer you newbs.
it really do be like that tho

Zup
Level 99

Re: Durarara

Post by Zup » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:59 am

Was gonna wait 'til I finished but since Episode 12 felt like a finale I'll go ahead'n give some thoughts I didn't already mention in the chat:

- It really is a shame they didn't incorporate the large cast as well as they could've. A big cast always comes with the potential pitfall'a more characters gettin' shafted or not bein' fan favorites, but it's been pretty badly skewed so far. Shizuo'n Simon just completely disappeared in the last half (of the first half of the show overall), although Izaya'n Celty still got enough time. Dotachin's clique pops up at really weird, largely irrelevant intervals, and the main high school trio're lame as the the the the. Also, what was with the girl Izaya tricked at the beginning'a the show. There was such a big focus on her that made it seem she'd be part'a the cast but I just now remember she exists. She hasn't popped up since like Episode 2 or somethin'.

- Unfortunately, I just didn't care for Celty's character nearly as much as her initial first impression.The love 質 with Dr. Brosuke didn't feel all that well-done either. It was, like, teased early in the show as like "oh they live together'n've known each other obvs some feelin's arise right", then it just suddenly hits you at the end'a 12. I prolly wouldn'ta liked it anyway, but makin' it a little more believable woulda helped.

- Seiji is human trash. This chode fuggin'smashes Mika's head against the wall (essentially killing her from what he believed), starts bonin' (what he believes'ta be) the stitched up zombie of Mika's body + Celty's head, then after Mika reveals she was just pretendin', he's like "I don't like you and you suck but you remind me'a the severed head I wanted'a stick my pen in so I'll keep you around you thirsty stalker ho." Literal human filth.

- The gangs have dumb names.

Everything else seems like it's likely'ta be addressed in the second half so I'll hold off on that. Diggin' the show so far though.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:52 am

Mid-season junk. Y'know how it goes.

I get what you're saying--never thought the show the greatest thing ever, but it's still likable/watchable enough.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:00 pm

That second half was stupid

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:03 am

yeh

But a good amount of the top 4 so iz all gud with me.