New Mortal Kombat! (MKX)

Anything outside Legaia that's a video game
van
Level 27

New Mortal Kombat! (MKX)

Post by van » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Some how this counts as the tenth official installment of the series? I lost count with all the spin offs and terrible subtitles to know which ones count and which ones don't.

Regardless, I'll be wanting to play it.

Announcement Video
Twitter | Seahawks | Mariners | Sonics | \\n/

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Re: New Mortal Kombat! (MKX)

Post by GoldenPower89 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:53 pm

I'd like to play it, but I don't like to buy fighting games. Most of my friends don't play games, and fighting games get old real fast if you don't play with other people.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:21 am

Get hyyyype.

And yeah it's X. The 2011 one was MK9; pretty much everything from the early numbered ones to Sub-Zero and Shaolin
Monks and Armageddon bulked up the in between. I think DC was the one that wasn't counted for obvious reasons.
GoldenPower89 wrote:I'd like to play it, but I don't like to buy fighting games. Most of my friends don't play games, and fighting games get old real fast if you don't play with other people.
I disagree. Punching is eternal pleasure.

van
Level 27

Post by van » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:57 pm

One thing I hope they can change is the character models and design. Ever since MK4, they've been terrible. Not saying they should do sprites again, but the models look so stiff and over muscular.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:53 am

If 9's any indication, then they're gettin' there. There's still clunkiness due to the way they animate things, and they can't seem to make female faces >__>

The samey, bulky/utters body type is prolly cuz of the fatality thing.

I honestly think MK9 had the best designs in the entire series. Even friggin' Stryker was pretty cool.

Scorpion looks dope in the teaser too.

van
Level 27

Post by van » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:42 am

Zup wrote:If 9's any indication, then they're gettin' there. There's still clunkiness due to the way they animate things, and they can't seem to make female faces >__>

The samey, bulky/utters body type is prolly cuz of the fatality thing.

I honestly think MK9 had the best designs in the entire series. Even friggin' Stryker was pretty cool.

Scorpion looks dope in the teaser too.
Despite the palette swaps, I still think the 2D games had better character designs. Well the character artwork was definitely better. While I can agree the latest edition is way better than anything the ps2 era produced.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:16 pm

I can't cosign that. They did a dope job givin' the ninjas their own identities and they all look amazing to me. And ridonkulous proportions and sexualizations aside, the females all look better to me as well. I never liked the old Kitana look.

I'd put MK9 as the best one by a pretty big margin. Shaolin Monks'd prolly be my second pick. Other than that, yeah I agree with the PS2 ones bein' awful.

Anyhoo, I'm hopin' the story mode has playtime for the villains this time around. Most of my mains are bad guys so gettin' to actually use 'em in the story'd be cool.

van
Level 27

Post by van » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Alright alright. New characters look pretty cool from the E3 gameplay videos, but man the stages look great.

deadly virus
Level 48

Post by deadly virus » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:40 am

can't wait
Virus DeLarge: member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang
___
"DV's mind is as corrupt as his liver. It's tainted with alcohol and death.
He comes from behind and kills you with his shovel. And eats your corpse, because he's DV" - redhollowlives999

Lonewulf
Level 9001

Post by Lonewulf » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:55 pm

I wonder if they will have any 'Non-MK' DLC characters in this one, like Kratos and Freddy Kreuger in MK9. I'd like to see Ash Williams from Evil Dead/Army of Darkness, lol.
_______
Wulf Belmont, member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang.