Kingdoms CCG

Anything outside Legaia that's a video game
IronJustice
Level Rusty

Kingdoms CCG

Post by IronJustice » Sun May 31, 2015 8:18 pm

You guys might like this if card games like MTG interest you. I am Shadowriter on there if you want to look me up. I've been really into this lately, so I'd love to discuss strategy if any of you like it.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

K73SK
Level 89

Re: Kingdoms CCG

Post by K73SK » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:05 pm

I have interest in MTG, but like many other things, haven't had time to get into it. I have a deck and a bunch of cards sitting on my desk right now that haven't been touched in over a year lol
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:44 am

I hear ya. When I was a kid I collected the cards but had no idea how to play. Later on I got back into it and started playing with friends. Eventually I moved up to tournaments. Me and GF played in a few local tournaments and got really disgruntled with the game and never really played since. Although there is a lot of strategy to the game and interesting card concepts, competitive play really sucks.

Unfortunately in 99% of organized MTG, only the current set(s) are permitted, which means that once or twice a year you have to build new decks from scratch. This is good in a sense as new players aren't at a disadvantage, but it definitely creates a division between those willing to invest lots of money in expensive cards and those who just buy a starter pack and a few boosters. However what really killed the experience for me is the lack of strategic diversity in most sets. There will be 2 or 3 deck builds that will dominate and crush everything else. It gets really boring to see the same few cards/decks repeatedly and to see other interesting cards be unfortunately inferior gameplay-wise.

I'd recommend if you want to play MTG, play with some friends casually IRL.

KCCG borrows a lot of gameplay concepts from MTG but simplifies it a bit and adds a few of their own ideas. I like the gameplay better in some ways actually. Although technically its a freemium game, there are multiple ways to reguarly earn the premium currency, so it doesn't ruin the game for me. Also the strategic diversity is very strong in this game, there are seemingly endless concepts for decks that can compete and be fun to play.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:35 pm

I have a few friends that I'm sure I could easily talk into playing it. But I want to make sure I have time first lol.

After I graduate and only have to focus on one job and no school/homework, not only will it be much easier to have time for fun, but time to work on the new site for this place lol.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Lonewulf
Level 9001

Post by Lonewulf » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:33 pm

...is this on a system or pc or is thete an app for that or what?
_______
Wulf Belmont, member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang.

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Its a browser game. I play it on Newgrounds, http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/607295. But most people play it here: http://www.kingdomsccg.com/