Thievery problems

If you need help related to Legaia 2, post a topic here.
Raven
Level 11

Thievery problems

Post by Raven » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:00 am

What are the chances of a successful steal from an enemy? Can I affect it? And nobody tell me it's fifty-fifty. I hit a guy a million times before I get to steal something. I wanna know if I can make the odds increase.And yes, I'm using Turtle in conjunction with Item Thief, but that still doesn't solve the problem of it taking ten minutes before I get something.
Xyn Raven

SuperSonicFan411
Level 7

Re: Thievery problems

Post by SuperSonicFan411 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:03 pm

No, there is not a way to increase the chances. You have to keep hitting the enemy over and over. This might be obvious but take these two things into consideration:
1. Make sure Item Thief is enabled on the character you are trying to steal items with (on skills section, not just equip).
2. An enemy can only hold one item.

And sorry to tell you this, but the chances of stealing an item everything you hit an enemy is INDEED 50%.

Hope I helped :)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
(:

Raven
Level 11

Post by Raven » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:14 pm

It. Is. NOT. FIFTY-FIFTY. I DID THIS A BAZILLION TIMES, AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IT IS NOT FIFTY-FIFTY. IT IS A FAR LESSER CHANCE, PROBABLY A TEN PERCENT, NOT FIFTY-FIFTY. DO EVEN DARE, DO NOT EVEN THINK TO SAY FIFTY-FIFTY AGAIN.
Xyn Raven

SuperSonicFan411
Level 7

Post by SuperSonicFan411 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:38 am

I had a feeling you would be frustrated. I'm sorry to tell you that you are just getting (VERY) bad luck.
Here is a bit of proof that it's a 50% chance: https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/520833-leg ... faqs/25422
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
(:

Raven
Level 11

Post by Raven » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:22 am

Yeah, some other guy saying that it's fifty-fifty whilst I myself have done the experience and known it to be false, that's some solid proof alright. Take a hike, man.
Xyn Raven

SuperSonicFan411
Level 7

Post by SuperSonicFan411 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:52 am

lol That's not nice ):
Jokes aside, I've played this game for years and have never came across a problem like that when stealing items (usually, the longest it takes me to steal an item is 5-10 minutes)
What items are you trying to steal? Just curious, as Anvenus Gem did take me a bit longer to get. It might be that you are less likely to steal rarer items. I should try it out myself.
(:

Raven
Level 11

Post by Raven » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Five to ten minutes is exactly what proves that this is not a fifty-fifty chance. I try to steal specifically from Hang Snails and Loghart Crabs. At least, I used to do that. Now, I've no more need to. Either way, a successful steal is pretty rare for me in battle. Usually, the battle ends before I get the chance to even steal a single item.
Xyn Raven

SuperSonicFan411
Level 7

Post by SuperSonicFan411 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:22 am

Raven wrote:Five to ten minutes is exactly what proves that this is not a fifty-fifty chance. I try to steal specifically from Hang Snails and Loghart Crabs. At least, I used to do that. Now, I've no more need to. Either way, a successful steal is pretty rare for me in battle. Usually, the battle ends before I get the chance to even steal a single item.
I said the most, not the least. It usually only takes me a minute or two ( considering only one character has item thief). There is a difference between the definitions of the words "least" and "most". Just putting that out there.

Also, your complaining is getting nowhere. All I did was try to help you and you just complain that I'm wrong and stuff.
(:

Raven
Level 11

Post by Raven » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Well, excuse me when your 'help' isn't any help at all.
Xyn Raven

SuperSonicFan411
Level 7

Post by SuperSonicFan411 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:37 pm

Raven wrote:Well, excuse me when your 'help' isn't any help at all.
I think you are illiterate because I said I "at least" tried to help. You can thank me for that instead of starting arguments.
(: