Finally beat PaiPai!!

For anything related to the various mini-games found in Legaia 2.
CloakedDeception
Level 20

Finally beat PaiPai!!

Post by CloakedDeception » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:08 am

So yesterday, I achieved what I consider one of the best victories of my videogaming years: I finally beat PaiPai AND got the rice planting Heaven's Secret, along with the God of Rice nickname. I guess technically I cheated because I'm using an emulator this time. But I don't care. I HATED that mini-game and it feels soooo good to finally beat it.

For years, I tried and tried and tried and failed miserably on my PS2 to get that HS. I could beat the farmer guy but I couldn't even get close to beating that stupid hyper Chun-Li wannabe b****. But now that I'm using an emulator, all I had to do was assign the R1 L1 R1 down X sequence to a row of keys on my keyboard and swipe away. Actually I assigned the sequence to two rows of keys: 6-7-8-9-0 for my right hand and 5-4-3-2-1 for my left hand. Then position my index fingers on 5 and 6 and once the timer starts, it's a straight rub across the row of keys. As long as I alternate between left and right and always come back to 5 and 6, Lang spazzes out and plants rice like The Flash.

Did anyone else beat her and get the HS? If so, how did you do it? Are you just godly with a PS2 controller or did you use a trick too?

K73SK
Level 89

Re: Finally beat PaiPai!!

Post by K73SK » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Back when I played the game on the PS2, I did. But then again, all my friends said I was ridiculously fast at pushing buttons on the controllers in general. I was determined to win and I did mange to win the high score. Of course, proving that is another store. ^^
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:24 pm

K is the true Rice Planting God then. We must all bow!

But nah, I never even bothered planting the 野菜 rice.

those minigames were way too hard for me
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:33 pm

I got the rice planting Heaven's Secret pretty fast since I'm good at mashing buttons. I think sidejumping is much more difficult a mini-game.

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:11 pm

That b*tch handed my こし to me so many times I gave up

I took out all my frustration on Dein, though

I can crush that fool so easily

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Never even bothered with PaiPai, don't remember if it was because she was hard or because I didn't even care.

Dein, was in fact, a douche. Especially when he says "Oh no you don't!" or something and Sjumps twice as fast...

I need to get another Legaia 2 disc (gave my last one to Kazan, destroyed my last 2-3 copies of the game) and try this PaiPai girl. I definitely remember who she is, lol. Must mean something.
it really do be like that tho

CloakedDeception
Level 20

Post by CloakedDeception » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Dein can go **** himself as long as you don't care about damaging your controller and mashing those sticks left and right like crazy.

PaiPai is crazy cuz I can't input buttons that quickly on a normal controller AND she's too 野菜 hyper that you just want to smack her.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Well HS aren't suppose to be easy to get....

CloakedDeception
Level 20

Post by CloakedDeception » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:29 am

Yeah the only ones that are easy are the one from the pedometer and the two you find in the final dungeon.
I also like how Maya has TWO freaking HS all along and only hands it to you after you re-decorate her house for her.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:21 pm

CloakedDeception wrote: I also like how Maya has TWO freaking HS all along and only hands it to you after you re-decorate her house for her.
Yeah, its hilarious.

I never even used them, from what I understand, they help weapons reach their final stage, I got that. I think Judgement day was the last one? I had Nine emperors, and I stopped there because I was literally right next to the final boss battle and I thought the sword looked cool. Is it really worth it? The difference in strength is +20 for JD. Doesn't sound like much.

Really are any of the HS' worth getting? I really treated them like a side quest, since I eventually ran out of real side quests.