Mystics vs. Seru

Anything related to the Mystics
Hiro
Level 12

Mystics vs. Seru

Post by Hiro » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:46 pm

I know that most of what I've read from Legaia fans that a lot of us didn't like the fact that seru were replaced by mystics. I know that I liked the idea of mystics, it just didn't really click with Legaia after the awesomeness of the seru for me. Anyone else have a different opinion or agree?

K73SK
Level 89

Re: Mystics vs. Seru

Post by K73SK » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:57 am

I liked both but the mystics only up to a point...

The main thing about the Seru is that they couldn't he brought back because the Great Genesis Tree was destined to die soon. So bringing Seru back to a second game would be a plot hole in itself. Of course. Something to at least substitute them (meaning a similar idea) would have been nice.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:58 pm

The Mystics had a bit more personality than the Seru, at least Rivas, Galea and Deva (Igohl was stereotypically evil, Arrode didn't say more than 3 lines, Raskia and Alvadis don't ever say anything, and neither does Vestra). But the concept of the Seru was much better than Mystics, imo. I liked the variation in kinds of Seru and the origin of the Seru was much more interesting as it had a lot of similarities to the angels of Christian mythology:

Tieg banishing Rogue from Noaru Valley after learning of it and its followers rebellion = God banishing Lucifer and its followers down to Earth

Tieg gives humans the Seru to prevent them from dying out and lets humans reign over Seru = God creating humans to rule over the wild beasts

Rogue gives humans knowledge of the Mist under the guise of it making Seru powerful = Satan deceiving humans multiple times which usually ends in their undoing

Tieg has Ra-Seru wait in the Genesis Trees to aid humans in a time of need = God's angels act as messengers for humans who need guidance

That's the way I saw it anyway.

I know they explain the origin of Mystics in Duel Saga but it just didn't strike me as particularly interesting. Also the whole 'Star Shaper' thing just seemed to be thrown in there for the sake of extra padding.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Sise-Neg wrote:I know they explain the origin of Mystics in Duel Saga but it just didn't strike me as particularly interesting. Also the whole 'Star Shaper' thing just seemed to be thrown in there for the sake of extra padding.
Side was going especially slow for me last night - Something with the MySQL database...I won't be using this host for much longer if it keeps up.

Nice analysis on the whole Seru/Christianity thing. Of course, since the Seru are now destroyed from Legaia because of humans - I don't like the idea of humans being destroyed from Earth because of beasts :p (ZOMBIES!).

Regarding the Star Shaper thing - I completely agree. As soon as they mentioned that in the game, I was like "huh, serious?" and that's when I was a kid...It would have made more sense just to have Lang and Avalon to be regular Mystics...Just really powerful ones. To call them a unique kind, born of the core of Legaia...whatever, lol. Just my opinion.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:21 pm

the whole legaia name in general is a bit overratted...legaia in french i think translate into 'the earth' and this obviously about more than just the earth
it really do be like that tho

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:34 am

K just to comment on something in your earlier post; Things can always be brought back you just sometimes have to get creative. Even Gods can be wrong and to be on topic:

SERU BEAT MYSTICS ANY DAY! I mean come on they are so much better.
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Yeah, except for Rivas, Seru > Mystics and Origins

But I thought the Origins were pretty 野菜 cool too, but Seru were like....kewler pokemonz

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Exactly. and it was impossible to not wanna catch them all
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:31 pm

actually, legaia is based on how people have become attached to techology, not chirstianity, but nice comparison, i thought the same at first
mystics are FAR more intriguing to me.... so many unanswered question >>

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:51 am

like..... do all mystics have a limit? or they as strong as they're master?
they're kinda the same actually... whats the difference? you have to obtain serus through fighting them and hoping you dont OD.. is the same... that tackle thing galia does.. doesnt it look familiar? hint its worth like 20 bucks here
the only think is ppl are limited to certain elements... and you have to wait a bit for all the mp attacks