Legaia 2 .iso + emulator instructions

If its unrelated to the other Legaia 2 forums, post it here.
K73SK
Level 89

Legaia 2 .iso + emulator instructions

Post by K73SK » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:03 pm

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
If you are interested in retrieving the ISO file for Legaia 2, read the notice below, and private message me with a request to the link. You must be a member and have at least 25 posts to the forums before being allowed to obtain the ISO. Upon pm'ing me, you agree that you read the note below in the large red font, and you agree that you will not share the link with anyone else.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

----The ISO file is now ready to be given out----

----this is basically a copy of the Legend of Legaia thread, with some edits of course----

For awhile, people have been trying to find their ways to get the game of Legaia 2 working on their computer. It's not that it's a difficult task, but it's hard to find an .iso file for many people, hard to install an emulator, etc. I have made an option for the public to finally play this game on their computers, but within legal reasons of course.

So before you read the tutorial read the following legal note, as I am by no reason supporting piracy of any kind through Legendoflegaia.net:

You can ONLY download the file for the .iso game if you already own the video game of Legaia 2. If you do not own the game and have no legal rights in downloading the game for free, I am not at fault for your illegal downloading of the video game. I strongly encourage that you own the game before grabbing the iso file from the site. The iso file for Legaia 2 is only on the website for backup purposes - to those who want to keep their original disks clean without use. All disks in existence have a lifespan on them, and it's easily understandable for those who do not want to hit that limit with their classic Legaia 2 disk. So please, again, only download this game if you have legal rights to do so. The owner and staff of LegendofLegaia.net have no responsibility for anyone who does so otherwise. By downloading the iso file, you agree and adhere to this policy.

Now, that that's out of the way, let's begin.

First, you're going to need an emulator that can even run the game. For the PS2 emulator, I recommend using the beta version of PCSX2 0.9.7 - since I get 50fps-60fps (some cases that show a TON of models, meaning more polygons, I may get as low as 30fps but not for very long) with it for Legaia 2. Here's a link: http://pcsx2.net/files/25601

Install PCSX2 wherever you want. Once complete, you'll need to grab the BIOS file. I cannot distribute the BIOS file, however, since it's 100% illegal to do so. You'll need to create your own, which you can learn how to do by going to the epsxe website.

After getting the BIOS file, just click the program. You'll go through a "setup" process. For now, just keep clicking next (or OK?) until you're at the screen where it shows a blank list with the "refresh list" button...Click "show in explorer." It'll ask if you want to create the folder, which you say "YES." After the folder's created, drag the BIOS file into the folder and select it from the browse menu. Refresh the list, select it (should say USA), and click "finish" (or just keep clicking next until you get to finish). The program can now run, but we must mess with some settings to get the program working perfectly for Legaia 2.

Go back to the emulator, and click config--->Plugin/BIOS selector. Here are the plugins I am using from the dropdown menu's:

GS: GSdx 3693 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r3878]
PAD: LilyPad svn (r3878) 0.10.0 [lilypad-r3878]
SPU2: SPU2-X r3702m 1.4.0 [spu2-x-r3878]
CDVD: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0 [cdvdiso-r 3878]
USB: USBnull Driver 0.7.0 [USBnull]
FW: FWnull Driver 0.6.0 [FWnull]
DEV9: DEV9null Driver 0.5.0 [DEV9null]

Note: Depending on your CPU and whether it supports SSE2, you may have to choose a diff. plugin. If you can make the program support SSSE3 or SSE41, by all means use those plugins. I don't' think the settings should be too different (which if they are, just select the one I did if possible). Worse case scenario, you'll have to use ZeroGS 0.97.1 [zerogs-r 3878]

Note#2: Don't be fooled into thinking "Linuz" means "Linux."

Now, let's configure the GS first. Push Apply and OK. Now, you should be back to the default screen. Click Config --> Video (GS) --> Plugin Settings...

Depending on your OS and hardware installed, you may have to tweak these settings. If you have a system like mine (or maybe it'll work for you anyway), try these following options:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Renderer: Direct3D11 (Hardware)
Interlacing (F5): Bob tff (use blend if shaking)

D3D internal res: 1024x1024
Or use Scaling: 1x (use D3d internal....)
Native -> UNCHECKED

Texture filtering -> CHECKED (May have to double click it if it's on a blue box)
Allow 8-bit textures -> CHECKED

The rest of the settings are defaulted. Click "OK"

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Now, click Config --> Audio (SPU2) --> Plugin Settings... , Simply change the interpolation to "2 - Cubic (slower/good highs"

Next, Config --> Controllers (PAD) --> Plugin Settings... , and read below

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

The way you set these settings up depends on what you plan on using. I've used the 360 controller before, but now use a keyboard. I'll set the settings up for keyboard, since that's likely what most people will be using.

Click the tab on top "Pad 1"

To change the key for a certain button, simply click the button and push a key. For example, you may want the arrow keys to represent movement. Since Legaia 2 is all about movement with the left analog stick, you might use the up key for "left analog Up"

Configure the rest of the buttons the way you desire, then push "Apply" and "OK"

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Finally, and lastly, we must configure the CDVD plugin. Go to CDVD-->Iso Selector-->Browse , and then browse to the location your Legaia 2 ISO file is. Remember, to obtain the ISO, you must be a member of the forums, have at least 5 posts, and follow the agreement above. And now, to set the plugin, click CDVD--->Plugin

To finally begin playing the game, click System --> Boot CDVD (full) ----- If you're getting errors or the game isn't loading, ensure you have the correct settings set!!!

NOTE: in the situation you get an error saying you don't have enough available resources,

Also, for those of you wondering on computer specs for me, here they are (NOTHING IS OVERCLOCKED):

AMD phenom x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz
16GB RAM
Win7 Ultimate
DX11
nVidia GeForce GTS 450

Just because it's powerful (at the time of this post) - don't let it make you think your computer can never get Legaia 2 at 60fps. If my settings didn't help you at all, keep trying and tweaking the Video (GS) plugin settings. You might just find something!!

I hope you enjoy playing Legaia 2!!!

AN EXTRA NOTE: SKIP THE BEGINNING VIDEO. IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP WITH THIS PLUGIN ;)
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Alinor
Level 17

Re: Legaia 2 .iso + emulator instructions

Post by Alinor » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:21 am

Great Job! I used these setting and so far so good (Some slow audio dialogue but nothing terrible). I attempted to use 0.9.8, but had problems setting it up. Using 0.9.7 worked perfectly and im running between 48-60 FPS.

Thanks for the good work!
Twitch
Youtube
Discord: Stubbs#4405 (Please, spam me there if I go MIA, again)

jemperador
Level 4

Post by jemperador » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:00 am

where can i find the iso? i have my own dvd of the game but my couzin likes to borrow it. so its kinda hard for me to finish the game.

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:46 am

I responded to your PM, jemperador.

Thanks for the feedback, Alinor.
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Updated to a requirement of 25 posts compared to the required 5 before...

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Why exactly did you do this K?
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Too many users doing hit and runs... they post 5-6 times and then ask me for iso and after that POOF, never to be seen again.

Rammerrush
Level 100

Post by Rammerrush » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:38 pm

Good so now we know :)
Red: I've seen a 10-way.
Ram: That's how I met your mother, Red.
~Status~
Destuin= Dead
Dolor= Dead
CYOA= Dead
Furanda= Dead?