Requiring instructions

If its unrelated to the other Legaia 2 forums, post it here.
Raven
Level 11

Re: Requiring instructions

Post by Raven » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:30 am

K73SK wrote:
K73SK wrote: The best bet if none of those work is to just Google and find the best plugins for the emulator and grab them from the forums they're shared on. Then see if they work. Basically what I did when setting up my epsxe and pcsx2
Find out what works best for you based on this ^
Back after months, and I have to say...... That's pretty darn vague, man. No, wait, it's SUPER helpful. I know exactly what to do now!

But for real, though, I'm playing it right now after saying "Screw it". No problems so far other than slowness and such, and that's clearly because of my scrappy computer.
Xyn Raven

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:43 pm

PSXFin is what you want for an emulator. It seems to work 99.9% of the time on the default setting for a wide variety of games. I have occasionally seen minor imperfections in the emulation, but nothing deal breaking.

EPSXE is a huge pain in the こし IMO. I have played around with it endlessly and have absolutely failed to get certain games to play properly on any setting, despite having dozens of settings to play with. I couldn't get FF Tactics or FF8 to play properly, gave up on it.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

Raven
Level 11

Post by Raven » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:15 pm

IronJustice wrote:FF8
...................................... I am in physical pain right now from the amount of facepalm I want to inflict upon my facular area at this very moment. You can get FF8 on PS3, maybe even PS4, on a package or something, and you can also DOWNLOAD IT ON THE PC!!! CHECK YOUR PLATFORM PRIVILEGE!!

Anyway, can that other emulator do save states? And can it load save states from PCSX? 'Cause I'm way too far into the game to switch now.
Xyn Raven

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Well first of all I don't have a PS3 or PS4. I could play it on the PC but emulation is really the way to go, since you can frameskip and save state.

PSXfin can do save states, but they aren't compatible with EPSXE or vice versa.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

Raven
Level 11

Post by Raven » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:49 am

YOU INSOLENT TRAITOR. I HOPE AN ELFIN CHALLENGES YOU.

Okay, but if I save in-game, can PSXFin load the in-game save?
Xyn Raven

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Post by IronJustice » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:53 am

Yes, it has memory card save and save state.

I not scared of no Elfin. Those guys are like 4'1"

Raven
Level 11

Post by Raven » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:53 pm

IronJustice wrote:Yes, it has memory card save and save state.

I not scared of no Elfin. Those guys are like 4'1"
You shouldn't be scared of the Elfin. You should be scared of it challenging you. (A reference to Elfin's ability, Challenge)

And then of the seven feet tall giant that'll be after your neck.
Xyn Raven