Doesn't it seem like this game was supposed to be longer?

If its unrelated to the other Legaia 2 forums, post it here.
LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Doesn't it seem like this game was supposed to be longer?

Post by LegaiaWiki » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:48 pm

When I first beat L2DS I got the feeling that the game was rushed in the middle of development and content was scrapped to make the ending come faster. Maybe that's not true at all and nothing was scrapped, but the ending sequence just seems to happen very abruptly. After defeating Rauss in Phorchoon and Kazan shows Lang the Waga Itto Nomi on the Blood Hawke, he tells Lang that he may master the art someday. So I'm thinking that we've got quite a few more adventures to go on before Lang masters it, but you only go through Drokonia before reaching the Wind Tower and having your confrontation with Rauss. Immediately after that you're off to the final dungeon. I think there should have been perhaps 3 more important story objectives before fighting Rauss or at least a couple more after defeating him before you're required to go to Demiurge Tower.

As it stands, L2DS's story feels rather rushed toward the end as if they ran out of time or something.

Agree or disagree?

Lonewulf
Level 9001

Re: Doesn't it seem like this game was supposed to be longer

Post by Lonewulf » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:57 pm

Agreed. That final rush of story at the end was the most disappointing part of the game for me (tho i love the game overall). I kept thinking there was plenty of game left and then suddenly final boss it ends...wasn't crazy over the ending either but what can ya do?

I do wonder what was cut from the game in development. Im sure there were a fairly substantial amount of content cut, but i could be wrong.
_______
Wulf Belmont, member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:31 am

I remember talking about this with Kaz, we suspected that it was most likely due to that empty feeling, which we suspected was intended to be filled through a sequel. It makes sense, since the ending is seemingly leading into another sequel, where Lang deals with the poison consuming the Earth.
it really do be like that tho

Lonewulf
Level 9001

Post by Lonewulf » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:14 am

Yeah, I would have loved seeing a sequel...but of course a natural sequel to 1 would have been nice too. But that would all be convenient, and we cant have that.
_______
Wulf Belmont, member of the Deuce Pine Moose gang.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:41 pm

I don't see why both games can't do a crossover. It can easily be a Persona Q kinda situation. Which takes place during the plot of Legaia (1).
it really do be like that tho

Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Post by Sephirothansylar » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:18 am

I was thinking the same thing...If you think about it, you finally get Ayne, go through 3 dungeons and the game ends... Really seemed like they meant for it to be longer. The end-game content is nonexistant and the 100 battle Centurion challenge seems gimicky like they threw it in last minute. This game is so addicting to me and drags me right along but then you get to the end and there's just no challenge and you quickly run out of things to do. Most the time I don't even finish a playthrough by killing Avalon since he's probably weaker than other things I have fought. Also seems to be a large amount of flaws in the game that should've been worked out. I don't think the "money tricks" as they're called are intentional. They make it way too easy to make money and just buy what you want to dominate the game. (sidenote and related to money trick making game too easy, has anyone done like a gear-only playthrough[no accessories] or a no level/upgrade gear or anything exciting? No money trick playthroughs?) Game seems to be a lot about puzzles mazes but you get to Ellsworth and there really is no maze to it and the puzzles aren't really worthy of being called puzzles. puzzles and mazes are completely absent in final dungeon. The minibosses in final dungeon were pretty pathetic even if you aren't overpowered/overleveled. This game at times lacks a good challenge and has a few too many flaws but still is a shining gem in my eyes.
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E