How can anyone use Maya

If its unrelated to the other Legaia 2 forums, post it here.
Sephirothansylar
Level 19

How can anyone use Maya

Post by Sephirothansylar » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:07 pm

I'm trying really hard to use Sharon/Maya since I've never really used either one before but...Maya is so bad how does anyone use her. Her attack animation takes too long. Her art blocks are limited, damage doesn't seem great and the elements are confusing. I had an enemy immune to fire(vorban I think) and I wasted a turn attacking with fire spells...Her HP is terrible probably lowest in game and defense is also low. Even though her skills seem magical they are based off of strength. I guess the only thing I like about maya is aoe heal. Is there a way to make her stronger/get more use out of her? I might end up switching Maya with Ayne when I get him but we'll see.
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E

IronJustice
Level Rusty

Re: How can anyone use Maya

Post by IronJustice » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:19 pm

Good points. I found her to be subpar as well. She is still useful though for her versatility. Also the game is easy, so you could play it with a team of Ayne and Maya and be fine.
Legend of Legaia, a pinnacle of human achievement, will always have a place in my heart

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:59 am

I always found Ayane to be the pointless one, honestly. Never had a problem with Maya, in fact my team was usually Lang, Kazan, Maya and/or Sharon (what was the max amount of allies you can have in battle again?).

Maya dealed some pretty good dmg, but it's really all about het accessories. You gotta learn how to balance that out before Maya's effective in a fight. I think the Turtle ability is basically required for her, but there's an item that blocks physical damage I think.... A ribbon maybe?

I've always personally wondered what would happen if you stacked up millions of dollars after the spa scenes. There's a special conversation in the camp where Sharon says that if the guys want to see them naked they'd have to pay 42(?) Million dollars to each of them. I didn't have that much and they just said "we don't even have that much money!"

Also, Maya's got the second coolest VA.
it really do be like that tho

Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Post by Sephirothansylar » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:02 pm

ummm are you sure they say that ??? I need to go make 42 mill then...i'm sure even if they do say that though you will never see them naked :(. 3 characters is max in battle. Ya there is an ability I believe that when you guard blocks physicals and reduces specials by 50%. Sounds like a very nice tanky ability. Seems like lots people find ayne bad but...endgame to me he seems to be one of the best. Maybe not quite as strong as sharon/Lang can be but definitely over Kazan and I'd have to say Maya also even though I haven't had an endgame Maya yet. If I remember right he outdamages Lang/Kazan on my Level 80 account and he doesn't even get his last artblock until 95 I believe. Sure he has no offensive magic and his Mdef is probably really bad but he's all about the physical, and he boasts more HP than anyone if I'm not mistaken. He reminds me of Kongol from Legend of Dragoon, I like both of them, both are somewhat underdogs, both are like giants haha, and honestly they are the same character different game.
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Ayne's not bad he's just kinda bland, although he's a big dude with a huge weapon'n that's cool. I think a lotta his moves're pretty dull though

Maya's pretty bad, I agree

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Ya get him near the end of the game and he's not a big talker, which I personally feel kills off any potential for him in terms'a character presentation. I.E., he was lame.

Maya was fine. Give her a few items and enjoy her spamming Kamehamehas.

But Kazan and his voice acting is the true hero.
it really do be like that tho

Raven
Level 11

Post by Raven » Fri May 13, 2022 10:25 am

I had an enemy immune to fire(vorban I think) and I wasted a turn attacking with fire spells

So the problem isn't Maya, it's just you.
Xyn Raven