Save the last Dance [FanFic]

Fan-art, Drawings, paintings, cosplay, etc... If you got it for Legend of Legaia, post it here!
ElieGlory
Level 6

Save the last Dance [FanFic]

Post by ElieGlory » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:28 am

This was for a fanciction contest in my Forum, christmas themed xD
I know it's really really OOC from Gala, but I still like it xD
And I'm a big Noa/Gala shipper xD

I got the idea for this fic from this picture on deviantart

And it's supposed to be a christmas story so be aware of much kitsch xD

Like "Noa's feelings" it's been translated from my german version, so it may have errors here and there
if you have improvements please tell me :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save the last Dance

6 Years have passed since Vahn, Noa, Gala and the Ra-Seru got the Mist out of Legaia. Vahn is living with Mei, whom she married 3 Years ago, living with his Family in Rim-Elm. Gala got back to Biron Monastery and is again teaching the teaching’s of Biron.

In the kingdom of Karisto, where once the dead body of a big Sim-Seru showed the sad history of the city of Conkram, grew a new city, a new Conkram. Under Noa’s care, year over year, more buildings were built and more and more people came to the City. Noa herself, one year after their adventures, employed many People, who should help her bringing the dead city back to life. As everyday more and more people came to help, with them Cara and Grantes and all of former Soren, Noa watched kindly over her reincarnated brother. Cort should go to school in next Spring.

~

With her face facing to the window Noa tried to listen to what her Teacher was telling her, something she couldn’t really do at the moment. From her seat she could see the snowflakes falling down. It’s been snowing since day’s and the city has been wrapped up in a mantle of the white floks. In her thought’s, Noa was already outside. Making snowballfights with her Brother and his friends. Her thoughts went to the castle, where she’s helping preperations for the christmasball, which is held in one week. An overly happy smile came to her face, thinking about that she will meet Vahn and Gala again, who she didn’t see since the wedding three years ago.

„Princess!“ came the slightly nerved voice from the teacher to her ear. Noa startled and looked apologizing up to him. „I’m sorry Professor. But the snow outside is so pretty and so my thoughts flew away.“ Blushing, she rubbed the back of her head, which brought the teacher to a smile, too. „I see it too Princess. But now you are in my lesson. You have to open the christmasball next week and I have to tell you more about it. It is the duty of a princess…“ but Noa already wasn’t listening anymore. She knew her duties and would do them with everything she can. Her face went to the window again, where she saw the silver hair from her brother and his winking hand. „Professor?“ begging she looked again to the window. The prof sighed and admitted defeat to her. „It seems like you won’t listen to me no matter what I told you, right now. You can go.“ He smiled, which took his words the intensity. Being very Noa-like she jumped from her chair, hugged the professor tightly and ran out of the room.

In front of the window she hugged Cort. „Thanks for picking me up Cort.“ She laid her hand on his head and messed his hair a little. Cort didn’t really seem to like it. „Don’t do that Nee-chan. I’m not a baby anymore!“ Noa laughed. „Yeah yeah you are right. Let’s go to the others.“ She took his hand and togehter they walked back to the castle, while the snow fell without stopping. //I really hope it will last until the ball// Noa thought, thinking about her time she spend with Terra near Mount Rikuoa.

The week flew by and it was one day before Christmas. Like a flushed chicken Noa ran from one edge of the city to the other. Vahn and Gala hadn’t showned yet. She stopped by at the guard. „They aren’t there yet?“ she asked with a childish look on her face. The guardian smiled. „Not yet my Princess. But they’ll come. Just have some more patience.“ Noa sighted and went back to the Palace. Beeing patience never was one of her strong points.

But she didn’t have to wait long. An hour after her visit at the Guard Vahn and Mei went through the door’s. Seeing them again Noa happily flew into their arms and hugged both of them really thigtly. Mei laughed. „If I wouldn’t know it where you I would not recognize. You have become so beautifull.“ Noa just grined as her answer.

„I’m sorry. Nene, dad and Maya couldn’t come with us.“ Said Vahn. „But everyone is greeting you.“ Noa smiled at Vahn. „Tell them I am gratefull. And greet them too when you go home.“ Vahn nodded and looked around. „Isn’t Gala here yet?“ he asked, recieving just a headshake from Noa. „Don’t worry Noa. I’m sure he’ll come.“ Noa’s face went a bit sad, as she had shaken with her head, so Vahn tried to cheer her up. It was a succes. Just a short while afte she laughed again and they told each other stories from their past 3 years.

Later in the evening, while everyone got to bed, Gala still hadn’t shown hisself. Noa wallowed in her bed, thinking of reasons why he wouldn’t come. //Doesn’t he want to see us anymore? Or maybe something important came up. Or something happened to him.// Noa sighted and stood up. With just a morning coat and a warm wintercoat she went outside her room and to the backyard. They planted a Genesis-tree seed from one of the Buma-Genesis Trees there.

She thought about her last meeting with Gala, 3 years ago. Back then it’s also been 3 years since they last met. Because Noa went without saying a word to live with Cort. She just exchanged some letters with Vahn. Her contact with Gala somehow broke. Three years after their departing Vahn invited her to his wedding. Together with Cort she went instantly to Rim Elm, where she met Gala again. He wasn’t so pleased with her vanishing three years ago and scolded her really badly, why she didn’t send him letters, too. But shortly after that he smiled gently at her. Back than Noa’s feelings for him, who she named her best friend together with Vahn, changed. Right after the wedding she „flew“ togehter with Cort back to conkram. She couldn’t love Gala. He was a Monk, there was no chance he could live together with her. But at least, they started writing letters.

Absorbed in her thought, she didn’t recognice the person, who came from right behind her, laying a hand on her shoulder. Noa almost fell from the shock. „You’ll catch a cold.“ The person said and Noa finally looked at him, right in Gala’s earnest face. „Sorry I’m late. Some of the monks didn’t let me go.“

Noa was so stunned, that she still looked at him with a face, as if Juggernaut himself stood in front of her. Then she hugged him. „I feared you wouldn’t come Gala.“ Red like a tomatoe he rubbed his back of the head. Why could she always make him so shy? „I’m sorry Noa. But I wouldn’t miss the chance to see you all again.“ He looked her right in the eyes, while his face turned much more red and then quickly looked elsewhere. Noa smiled and shook her head. „Everything that matters ist hat you are here. You must be tired. I’ll show you your room.“ They went inside and Noa showed the room, which Gala should spare with Vahn. „Good night“ they said and then Noa went to bed, too. Able to sleep really well.

The next day Noa was running from one edge of the palace to the other, fullfilling the preperations of the ball. She helped out in the kitchen, did last of the decorations of the christmastree and run from one place to another.
Soon evening came and the ballroom got growded. Some of the Soren played christmassongs and in the middle of the room, there was the giant christmastree. Decorated with glitter and red and golden christmasstuff. Beyond the tree were douzends of presents, one for every person in this room. After a few minutes Noa entered the room and everything was quit for one second. Her hair fell openly bevond her shoulder and she was wearing a nightblue dress, which had darkblue glitter on all edges. On the arms and the seam there were ties of white wool. She nervously hemed. „I wish you all a beautifull evening and a happy christmastime. I hope you’ll enjoy the ball. Merry Christmas.“ The music started again and Noa sighted.
In one corner of the room she saw Gala, wearing a black smoking, coming right to her. He bowed in front of her and kissed one of her hands. „May I have this dance Princess?“ No one else danced with her at this evening.

Later, after most of the people were gone, Noa and Gala stood in front of the Genes Tree. Noa watched him from her eyeangle. „Noa you’re really pretty this evening“ he said without warning and he turned red again. Suprised she looked at him and then smiled. „Thank you Gala.“ Then she gulped. The whole evening she thought about her feelings for him and if she should tell them to Gala.. Now she was ready to take a risk. „Uhm…Gala…I have something to tell you.“ He looked at her and his facial expression went soft. Shyly Noa’s glimpse went too the floor. „Gala…I…I…I love you!“ Now it was out of her mouth. She closed her eyes, feeling some seconds later that Gala raised her head. With widely opened eyes she saw to him. His face came near and without any warning he kissed her on the forehead. „I love you too Noa“

And the rest, is history.

K73SK
Level 89

Re: Save the last Dance [FanFic]

Post by K73SK » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Snap! Divorce! lol. You did good with the translation.. Some misspelled words, like you putting "sighted" instead of "sighed"... My suggestion is to separate quotes by different people in new paragraphs. Makes it a little confusing when two people speak in the same paragraph :)
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

KennethW
Level 13

Re: Save the last Dance [FanFic]

Post by KennethW » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:54 pm

i liked it