Legend of Legaia Manga

Fan-art, Drawings, paintings, cosplay, etc... If you got it for Legend of Legaia, post it here!
Mattkow
Level 5

Legend of Legaia Manga

Post by Mattkow » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:01 am

The Legend of Legaia

To be honest, my main reason (besides my love for Legaia), for joining the forums was to enable me to utilize some of its fans as critiques! This project is purely fan based and I will gain no profit from it whatsoever, it will be used to further my own skill set as an artist. Your ideas and input will be greatly appreciated, and this community will probably be the driving force for how this legend is told! ^.^

Current ideas:
- Story progression:
I would just like to remake up to the first Genesis Tree revival, and see how people react. If its relatively received well, then Ill continue upwards to the second Genesis tree revival, and so on and so forth.

- Beginning:
The beginning will show the standard opening of the game, (God created the heavens, the earth and the seas),however besides writing the entire thing down, I don't have an idea that would be feasible to utilize. I was thinking of leaving the opening out and just skip right to a panel showing the entire village, and then another panel showing the relative area of the village where Vahns house is, and then Vahns house with him walking outside, without the reader seeing his face. Then a panel showing his face and him looking up at the clouds. Keep in mind, I plan on exponentially increasing the size of his village, but still keeping the important bits in.

- Flashbacks/Extras:
After Vahns first day, (Training with Tetsu, getting measure by Mei), I planned on doing a different chapter in which shows Juno and the other hunters getting ambushed by the Seru. What do you think of this idea? Similarly with Drake Castle, after Vahn gets to Drake castle, as Vahn is taking a nap in the little room by the throne, I would use Meta to show Vahn, through his dreams, what happened to the people here, and the reasoning for that would be, he looked into the minds of the Seru monsters locked up behind the cages and collectively put together that little flashback. He would then resume his usual speech about absorbing Seru and how the Seru are not at fault. Tell me what you think of this idea. Of course, there is a lot more I could incorporate using this idea.

- Magic:
Someone please tell me a way I could use magic in this comic without it coming off as too digimon or too pokemon-y. Maybe instead of summoning seru monsters, Vahn gets stronger with each absorbed seru? Or maybe after a Ra-seru absorbs a Seru, he/she gets an ability associated with that type of Seru. Gimard would give Vahn the ability to use a fireball attack? When the Ra-Seru reaches its max level, instead of summoning the actual Ra-Seru, maybe the characters are able to "power up" and Ill have the Ra-Seru encompass their entire bodies, giving them increased power. Ideas on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

- Methods of travel:
I've been debating this topic in my head for awhile. If I plan to blow these places up to a decent story telling size, then the world is going to be even bigger. I've already made up my mind on the fact that they are walking everywhere just like in the game.. but then the item "Door of wind" comes into play. How would you explain that? You don't exactly see it mentioned anywhere else in the game besides when you first obtain the item. If I can't find a good reason for the party to utilize this tool, I don't see how I could include the optional cut scenes in the game (ex: with Noa and Mei, or with the party and Tetsu) and I don't want to cut those out because they showed great character development, and would do this project a great disservice.

- Fights:
I planned on keeping the Biron Martial Arts, however instead of naming the different moves and having the characters call them out, I just planned them to make a cameo appearance in the story, an example would be when Vahn does the Hurricane move, instead of shouting it out, he would just do it, thus the true fans would get the reference. As for Spirit, this would be used by the characters to "power up" and thus enable them to have greater speed and strength. Tell me any other ideas that you think would be interesting to see as far as battles go.

- Different Characters POVs:
Would it be interesting to see different characters' point of views in the story? Like maybe show everyone our favorite villains mind set and his journey to attain ultimate power? I think that would be interesting personally. The game kind of shows this already infact, during the cut scene with the Delisases and Zora, Songi is seen smiling in the backround. Tell me what you think!

- More Locations:
I am currently thinking about adding more locations to fill this growing world. However, these would only be minor locations, nothing changing the story. I need ideas and names though!:) Keep in mind these could be anything from villages to forests to even bodies of water.

That's all I can think of right now. Ill add my first rough draft of the dialogue and such later. ^.^
Thank you for your time!

Zup
Level 99

Re: Legend of Legaia Manga

Post by Zup » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:39 pm

Sounds cool.
Mattkow wrote:The Legend of Legaia

I planned on doing a different chapter in which shows Juno and the other hunters getting ambushed by the Seru. What do you think of this idea? Similarly with Drake Castle, after Vahn gets to Drake castle, as Vahn is taking a nap in the little room by the throne, I would use Meta to show Vahn, through his dreams, what happened to the people here, and the reasoning for that would be, he looked into the minds of the Seru monsters locked up behind the cages and collectively put together that little flashback. He would then resume his usual speech about absorbing Seru and how the Seru are not at fault. Tell me what you think of this idea. Of course, there is a lot more I could incorporate using this idea.
This's good. A straight re-run'a the games' events'd be cool but addin' more's a good way'ta spice it up.

- Magic:
Someone please tell me a way I could use magic in this comic without it coming off as too digimon or too pokemon-y.
Just do it like JoJo.

Maybe instead of summoning seru monsters, Vahn gets stronger with each absorbed seru? Or maybe after a Ra-seru absorbs a Seru, he/she gets an ability associated with that type of Seru. Gimard would give Vahn the ability to use a fireball attack? When the Ra-Seru reaches its max level, instead of summoning the actual Ra-Seru, maybe the characters are able to "power up" and Ill have the Ra-Seru encompass their entire bodies, giving them increased power. Ideas on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
Once upon a time we were talkin' about modernizations'ta the Seru formula. One'a the ideas I liked was that each Seru came with different abilities at different level tiers. So if Gimard was level 1-3 or somethin', instead of a summon, the user would shoot a fireball. At max level, there was a full-on summon with a chance of havin' the user's Ra-Seru pop up and, like, swing a Gimard fire sword or somethin'.

So yeah. Applyin' the same line'a though with some actual thought innta it'd be cool.

- Methods of travel:
I've been debating this topic in my head for awhile. If I plan to blow these places up to a decent story telling size, then the world is going to be even bigger. I've already made up my mind on the fact that they are walking everywhere just like in the game.. but then the item "Door of wind" comes into play. How would you explain that? You don't exactly see it mentioned anywhere else in the game besides when you first obtain the item. If I can't find a good reason for the party to utilize this tool, I don't see how I could include the optional cut scenes in the game (ex: with Noa and Mei, or with the party and Tetsu) and I don't want to cut those out because they showed great character development, and would do this project a great disservice.
Just use it as a one-time gag. Like a joke near the end where they go nuts on the Doors'ta do side quests or some 質. Or make it a precious, one-copy thing that has a specific use. Or maybe the user has'ta squish it and juices spew out from the bottom onna the ground'n the item lets them warp only to those sploosh spots.

- Different Characters POVs:
Would it be interesting to see different characters' point of views in the story? Like maybe show everyone our favorite villains mind set and his journey to attain ultimate power? I think that would be interesting personally. The game kind of shows this already infact, during the cut scene with the Delisases and Zora, Songi is seen smiling in the backround. Tell me what you think!
Yes.

A Gaza spin-off chapter would be sick.

And a Delilas one too.

Good luck.

Mattkow
Level 5

Post by Mattkow » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:19 pm

Zup wrote: Yes.

A Gaza spin-off chapter would be sick.

And a Delilas one too.

Good luck.
Ah yes, I know exactly how to do Gaza AND the Delilases! :geek:
As soon as I get back to Japan, ill start working on the rough drafts. I've got the first chapter pretty much good to go in my head. Now I just need to do the final stages of planning when I get back and then Ill start drawing it! ^.^

Oh and one more little tidbit. For some reason, our heroes seemed a little bit older than, 14, 12 , 18. Would you guys like to see them a little bit older, (16, 15, 19) with the same story of course. Or keep to the original ages like how it was supposed to be? (Cause come on, you don't really see a buff 14 year old walking around these days do ya?)

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:44 pm

I dislike that Vahn'n Noa're so young. Think it's kinda dumb, so I'm cool with uppin' their ages.

Gala should be older too but he's at least more realistic.

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:14 am

I'm kinda against changing their ages. The characters' personalities fit their ages just fine.

Mattkow
Level 5

Post by Mattkow » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:54 am

I understand keeping Noa like she is, since she is a little obnoxious at times, which is a trait of a 12 year old. Or you know that could be just a trait of ignorance, since she was raised in a cave. In fact the game makes it very clear she is a "barbarian girl". All heart and no manners. ^.^

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Dang it you took one of my projects right from under me.

dont stop on my behave tho in fact go right ahead and duet ur self i have absolutely no objection to doing less work
Mattkow wrote:Story progression:
I would just like to remake up to the first Genesis Tree revival, and see how people react. If its relatively received well, then Ill continue upwards to the second Genesis tree revival, and so on and so forth.
Sounds good. Heck don't even worry about what others think for now. Put YOUR interest first and do what YOU enjoy, otherwise it'll just feel like work in yer favor. The fan reactions come second (not like it'll be that bad considering Legaia probably has like 12 fans).

Beginning:
The beginning will show the standard opening of the game, (God created the heavens, the earth and the seas),however besides writing the entire thing down, I don't have an idea that would be feasible to utilize. I was thinking of leaving the opening out and just skip right to a panel showing the entire village, and then another panel showing the relative area of the village where Vahns house is, and then Vahns house with him walking outside, without the reader seeing his face. Then a panel showing his face and him looking up at the clouds. Keep in mind, I plan on exponentially increasing the size of his village, but still keeping the important bits in.

You could squeeze alla that thing well enough, as a matter of fact, you can very easily add it into extra dialogue. Here're some good ways I can think of:

- Add a lame-o Scooby-Doo mix into it. Have the Heroes themselves figure it out piece by piece.

or

- Explain it in a flashback a little after, wait long enough for it to become questionable, like (and I'm going off the assumption that the read hasn't played the game), after a while, shed light on things you wouldn't normally understand without proper backstory. An example would be somethin' like:
Gala: Ayo mah nizzlez is dat a See-ru in yo hand dere.

Person: yeh

Fat guy: I haven't seen any of those ever since the Mist came in 10 years ago.

Noa: sh@ddup newb
Now, let's assume this is the first time you show a not-berserk Seru, that could potentially lead up to the question "wait aren't Seru like monsters? Why is it suddenly an accessory wut is them b4 dah Mist?"

tl;dr

Suspense bruh. Build up and then answer. Don't stress it. Make sure you make Noa beat up all the fatso and send me alla the babes.

Flashbacks/Extras:
After Vahns first day, (Training with Tetsu, getting measure by Mei), I planned on doing a different chapter in which shows Juno and the other hunters getting ambushed by the Seru. What do you think of this idea? Similarly with Drake Castle, after Vahn gets to Drake castle, as Vahn is taking a nap in the little room by the throne, I would use Meta to show Vahn, through his dreams, what happened to the people here, and the reasoning for that would be, he looked into the minds of the Seru monsters locked up behind the cages and collectively put together that little flashback. He would then resume his usual speech about absorbing Seru and how the Seru are not at fault. Tell me what you think of this idea. Of course, there is a lot more I could incorporate using this idea.

Yeah sure, lots of Manga already do this. But be sure to label it like "Chapter 9.e" (the e obviously meaning Extra/skip this it's not important).

- Magic:
Someone please tell me a way I could use magic in this comic without it coming off as too digimon or too pokemon-y. Maybe instead of summoning seru monsters, Vahn gets stronger with each absorbed seru? Or maybe after a Ra-seru absorbs a Seru, he/she gets an ability associated with that type of Seru. Gimard would give Vahn the ability to use a fireball attack? When the Ra-Seru reaches its max level, instead of summoning the actual Ra-Seru, maybe the characters are able to "power up" and Ill have the Ra-Seru encompass their entire bodies, giving them increased power..

You wouldn't (or rather couldn't) encompass the biggest appeal of the game if you switched up that aspect, in fact Summon was basically half of the gameplay. If you really wanna cut the cliche bits, you could do somethin' like making the Seru holo copies of the original, so there's no real reason to get attached and clingy like the anime fer both respected shows.

or add a lil carnage and have'em slaughter each other like in the poogeymern manga series

Methods of travel:

Once again I pull out the ".e" card. It CAN be used fer the main stuff (for example, like when the Heroes finish their dooties wif the Lu and her less attractive brothers and they have to report back to Usha ASAP; would make sense they'd have DoW's in stock along with other items). You could just make any extra stuff fanservice (like the beach scene with Mei and Noa in the game, except, less 8-bit more round utters).

Best part about it is you don't HAVE to include the extra chapters. Just the ones you want.

honestly the only item you have to worry about is the point card

Fights:
I planned on keeping the Biron Martial Arts, however instead of naming the different moves and having the characters call them out, I just planned them to make a cameo appearance in the story, an example would be when Vahn does the Hurricane move, instead of shouting it out, he would just do it, thus the true fans would get the reference.
You can easily incorporate alla that and more. You could even make it so they only scream the name of the Art the first time they do it (as to reference the art scream and the "NEW ART" thingie that pops up).

As for Spirit, this would be used by the characters to "power up" and thus enable them to have greater speed and strength.
It was also a rest time though, so you might wanna incorporate that too. Make it so that when they use Spirit, they're chargin' up fer a special second wind--kinda like OVL in Tales of [any game], Final Fantasy, or like Kaio-ken from DBZ--make'em do it less often and more intense when they DO actually do it (you can't use some of their powerful arts without it anyways). It'd be cool to see'em do their Super Arts near the beginning and then their Miracle arts as last resorts near the end (kinda like how Blaster/Ki related moves used to be finishers in the original Dragon Ball).

Different Characters POVs:
Would it be interesting to see different characters' point of views in the story? Like maybe show everyone our favorite villains mind set and his journey to attain ultimate power? I think that would be interesting personally. The game kind of shows this already infact, during the cut scene with the Delisases and Zora, Songi is seen smiling in the backround.
Go right ahead. You could even make some chapter exclusives chapters, like a whole chapter dedicated to just stalkin' Son-gay or Cara or somethin'.

More Locations:
I am currently thinking about adding more locations to fill this growing world. However, these would only be minor locations, nothing changing the story. I need ideas and names though!
Well we've already got some places in the Legaia RP we made, and I've made some of my own places in my old fan-fic I never got around to fleshing out. You can take stuff from there if you want'em.

Thank you for your time!
You better be it took me like 20 minutes of my entire life to type alla that.

Hey can you send over some of your other (unrelated) work? Like, link us(me) to your DeviantArt account if you have one? I'd like to see your style and i also want to know if im better than u >:3.

Oh n' welcome to the site fam.

change their ages plz
it really do be like that tho

Mattkow
Level 5

Post by Mattkow » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:49 pm

I would love to show you my style! Unfortunatley I do not have a Deviant Art account. :/ and Im in Thailand vacationing for a month so Im not in a position to upload anything haha. You're going to have to wait till I get back home to Japan. ^.^

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:23 pm

I will eagerly await then. When are you going back?
it really do be like that tho

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:47 pm

Hmm... haven't seen him in a while. Looks like this may not happen.