Legaia problems

If you need help related to Legend of Legaia, post a topic here.
Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Legaia problems

Post by Sephirothansylar » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:15 am

Alright. So...Here is my problem: My accessories in Legend of Legaia sometimes don't work..in fact sometimes it is worse than sometimes (ex. Atm I am grinding in juggernaut to get to max level with 3 crimson books but I have removed them from all characters(switched accessory slots too)and reaquipped them and am getting the same amount of exp as I would without them. This has not changed after restarting, reloading or anything I have tried and I have actually never had a problem with crimson books before.)Some of my accessories that don't work are War god icon (not attacking twice all the time...extremely detrimental in muscle dome) Wonder amulet (been stoned by zora before with this equipped...) Lost Grail (Died without reviving with these several times) and I'm sure there are other ones that don't work right/all the time either. Seeing as how this game is unplayable on ps2/ps3 for various reasons I guess it could be the console? It is not corrupted data for I have deleted all my saves(including one where I was max level with juggernaut spell :() and started a new game and still have the problem. It has nothing to do with gameshark or anything like that cause i've never used one or owned one for that matter. I guess it "could" be scratches on the disk, but honestly the scratches are really small and I cannot imagine they would cause something like this but I guess it's possible. Now that I have written a book on my problem I will stop there and hopefully receive some help from the community :D.
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Re: Legaia problems

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:58 am

It's the scratches bruh- it's not really a matter of how scratched it is, but more about where it's scratched (or so I'm guessing).

I suggest finding a buffer.
it really do be like that tho

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:56 pm

It doesn't seem like a scratch could cause your accessories to stop working. You could try to remove the scratches (it should cost $5 or less), but I think you may have a faulty disk.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:44 pm

Again, I had the same type of problem with my last disk, but a good clean fixed that right up.

Not being able to use items in Legaia is the worst. ._____.
it really do be like that tho

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Post by GoldenPower89 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:53 pm

I could be wrong. The only issues I've had with scratches are occasional lagging and freezing. And yeah, the Muscle Dome would be nearly impossible without accessories and much of the actual game would be tough too.

Vahn926
Level 14

Post by Vahn926 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Its just glitches my legaia game looks fine but occasionally my accessories act weird to.
Make Legend Of Legaia for PSN classics please!?

meth962
Level 23

Post by meth962 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:30 am

That seems rather weird. No, scratches could not cause that. All the CD needs to do is load bytes from the disc into memory and the PSX processor handles the rest. Unfortunately the only thing I can think of would be gameshark, but you said not the case.

Is there any way you can get me your save file? I would like to try it out, and if it doesn't work for me, I can take a peak at the memory and see if everything looks well.
まさかつあがつ

Sephirothansylar
Level 19

Post by Sephirothansylar » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:27 am

I'm pretty sure it's scratches like Red said, playing on emulator now so I no longer have this problem. Does suck that I deleted my lvl 99 account back in the day though.
Death doth rain....Death doth reign

Fastest way to rake in fishing points(about 1,000/minute aprox.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZF8OCR9T3E