ATTENTION PS3 USERS!!! You Can Get Past Conkram! Here's How!

If you need help related to Legend of Legaia, post a topic here.
JCTC
Level 43

Re: ATTENTION PS3 USERS!!! You Can Get Past Conkram! Here's

Post by JCTC » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:48 am

Does LoL work alright on PS4? Or is there still a Conkram Glitch?
Names are for friends, so I don't need one.

~Agent 47

http://hitman.wikia.com/wiki/Agent_47

meth962
Level 23

Post by meth962 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:09 pm

K73SK wrote:I'm sure there are thousands and thousands of lines, but surely it's a lot less when a cinematic is going on such as the mirror scene, considering it's not doing continuous checks on character input, no?
Afraid not. Cutscenes are going to be a lot more, and especially that scene with the lights going by. It's continually drawing the character 3D models. Which it does by polygons. I haven't found the polygon models for the characters but I'm guessing they're a couple hundred each. So for each polygon the processor is going to be pulling the three coordinates out of memory and drawing a shape on the screen and coloring each pixel via the color lookup table. It will do the same thing for the lights flying by as well as keep track of everyone's position and continually loading/drawing the conversation window.

I think the least amount of assembly lines would be the menu haha. Even then, it is drawing the window pixel by pixel each frame.

I still haven't attempted it yet. Have been really busy! Sorry :(
まさかつあがつ

meth962
Level 23

Post by meth962 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:54 am

So, have to update this since I recently managed to fix this for someone on gamefaqs. I found a way to take a person's PS3 save in .PSV format and skip the conkram mirror scene and give the save back for the PS3 to work. Worked great!

It was a pretty manual process since I can't figure out the stupid hash/checksum on the PSV file and there's too much misinformation on the internet surrounding it.

For the techy types that want to know how I did it....long description follows...

He sent me a PSV save file from the PS3, and I used my program to edit the flags in the save that mattered for the conkram event and set the current map to Conkram Inn (Past) with the right X,Y coordinates. Also updated the non-important header info on the save which just is text saying where you are in the game. Saving that save as any standard type of save worked perfectly on all the emulators. Problem was getting it back to the PS3 since it only can except one format and in one folder structure (despite all the lies you find on the internet). So I can't put it back in the PSV format since there is some unknown hash at the top of the file that no one has figured out yet (some people claim it, but don't have anything to backup their claim). I tried a bunch of methods I found on the internet like putting it as a raw file and copying it to the PS3 etc. Nothing worked so I took the edited save, copied it to a physical PS1 card via the DexDrive, then plugged that physical card into the PS3 memory card adapter and copied the save to the PS3. Now that the PS3 had it, I plugged in a USB device and copied back from the PS3 to the USB drive. Now the PS3 created the PSV format for me and I could finally email him the save file. Phew! If only that hash of the PSV file was known, I could cut this process to be completely handled by my program...siiiigh.

TL;DR; Anyway, if anyone is really wanting their PS3 file to be modified past the Conkram mirror scene, I can do it. I can more easily do it for anyone playing on emulators too if your emulator can't get past that part of the game. Maybe I can turn that into a quick website to automatically do it, but it can easily be done with .mc, .mcs, .mcd, .mcr, .gme, .vgms formats and it would take longer and manually for .psv formats if you need it on PS3.
まさかつあがつ

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:28 pm

Wow.

How long did it take you to do all that the first time around.
it really do be like that tho

meth962
Level 23

Post by meth962 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Took maybe 10 mins to do the code, but about an hour or two going back and forth on the save files and figuring out what the Miley Cyrus PS3 wanted haha.
まさかつあがつ

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:39 pm

I would've burst into tears several times throughout that hour, well done.

We should sticky this thread ta help guests with their problems.
it really do be like that tho