Legend of Legaia not working on my PS2?!

If you need help related to Legend of Legaia, post a topic here.
1991vall
Level 4

Legend of Legaia not working on my PS2?!

Post by 1991vall » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:21 am

Cliffs-
- Played Legend of Legaia 1 on my ps2 fat like 10 years ago
- decided to get the disc cleaned at my local shop due to scratches/not working
- the game worked at the local shops ps2 slim
- ps2 says insert a game, or game loads to the ps2 symbol & freezes

Dont know what is going on, the game worked fine on the other ps2 at the shop and ive never had this problem b4, I've tried changing the settings to fast/smooth, still doesnt work.

K73SK
Level 89

Re: Legend of Legaia not working on my PS2?!

Post by K73SK » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:50 am

So do you have a phat or slim? My old ps2, a phat, had a hard time playing the game. When I got the slim, it played perfectly...Just some of the arts (hyper in particular) lag sometimes and so does Freeds special attack. My girlfriends paht didnt even play the game...
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

1991vall
Level 4

Post by 1991vall » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:37 pm

really weird man.. i said its a fat, but ive never had this problem before. Luckily my friend let me borrow his ps1 today along with ff9 which I have never played but looks good :D works fine now!

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:42 pm

1991vall wrote:really weird man.. i said its a fat, but ive never had this problem before. Luckily my friend let me borrow his ps1 today along with ff9 which I have never played but looks good :D works fine now!
Well you said your ps2 fat like 10 years ago, so wasn't sure if that was the same PS2 you had or not, lol. And yeah, ps1 works best for it...Funny enough!
Donate to legendoflegaia.net if you are one who wants to keep it alive! http://www.legendoflegaia.net/donate.html

Alinor
Level 17

Post by Alinor » Fri May 27, 2011 10:45 am

I realise this is an old post but I figured if anyone needed info about this subject, it'd be here..

Years ago, i had this same problem, when asking around on the Legaia forums on gamefaqs (oddly, how I heard about this =D) I was told the old fat PS2's couldn't read towards the edges of the disc and also that some older models just plain couldn't support it. If I remember correctly, certain model's disc height could also be adjusted to work for different formats (Which involves opening your PS2, with great care I might add).

I immediately went out and bought a PS1 (Which was less than $20 at the time) for the few PS1 games I still had. I wonder if you can still buy PS1's anywhere.... :shock:
Twitch
Youtube
Discord: Stubbs#4405 (Please, spam me there if I go MIA, again)

K73SK
Level 89

Post by K73SK » Fri May 27, 2011 1:27 pm

You can buy any console of eBay...You can even find people selling Commodore 64's. A ps1 should be really easy to find and probably very cheap - unless it's in brand new condition...Then I don't know. :p

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:49 pm

ff9 is a great game.. and i never had the fat... although my legaia disc constantly crashed when i need to use an item during battle on my ps1.... i got it cleaned and then forced it to keep working by taking out the game during a battle and hit, yell, and blow on my ps1.. then i put the disc back and it would reread the data and keep playing
you could do that with a ps2 phat, ive opened and tinkered with the inside of a ps2 phat.. twice... i have the second one now.. i plan on saving some parts incase i need to repair one >.> i threw the last one away and then i couldnt repair the next one years later....
it really do be like that tho

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:55 am

I have a fat PS2. It does have some run errors during battle - hyper arts de-synchronize the audio and visual, which does detract from the ambiance of the game somewhat. Thankfully, nothing that makes the game unplayable. Just minor irritations...
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:44 am

looks like you were spared lol
so does anyone really have another solution other than buying another ps1/2?
it really do be like that tho

KennethW
Level 13

Post by KennethW » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Slim play ps1 games better ive had that problem before