The Delilas Family

Have some thoughts on something located in the Karisto Kingdom? HERE!
TheRavenfreak
Level 11

The Delilas Family

Post by TheRavenfreak » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:45 pm

So while Lu and Gi Dililas are pretty easy to defeat I always found Che to be the most difficult to defeat. However I usually always use the same strategy to kick his butt, which I honestly don't think it's that great of a strategy. What I do is use the point card, then attack him with Aluru. (or Kemaro if Gala has it at that point...) and I usually either have to attack him twice with the seru or once and he's defeated. I remember being a kid and I would lose against him so many times so I came up with this strategy and it seems to work flawlessly all the time now. I know each enemy's pattern by heart but even then I still get nervous when I go to fight them. (Especially Che, as the other two are pretty easy.) So what's the strategy you guys use to defeat him? I'd love to hear it. :)

GoldenPower89
Level 57

Re: The Delilas Family

Post by GoldenPower89 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Even though Che is more difficult than the other two, I use the same strategy for all of them.

Attack, attack, spirit.

After the first Megaton Press, my pattern becomes:
Heal, attack, spirit.

I believe he is the earth element, so equip the corresponding elemental protection jewel if you are taking too much damage.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:14 pm

Che is Earth, Lu is Thunder, and Gi is Fire. So you can bring an Earth, Madlight, and Burning Jewel, respectively, to help out in the fight.

I don't remember my strategies exactly for speedrunning but it's one of the hardest fights in the game along with the two Viguro and the final boss.

Che does get Point Carded to death though if I remember correctly.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

TheRavenfreak
Level 11

Post by TheRavenfreak » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:25 pm

Also at that point you do find a Rainbow Jewel iirc on one of the character's paths too, I never really thought to equip them with those though. I'll have to try that strategy out next time. :) In my current run my team was all at level 28 at this point in the game.

Nightshade
Level 60

Post by Nightshade » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:42 pm

I think the speedrun fights them at level 17, so the strategy has to be particularly refined.

The issue with the Rainbow Jewel is that the effects are a lot less powerful. I think that individual Jewels are -50% damage to the corresponding element, but the Rainbow Jewel is -25% to all elements.

So, it won't be as effective at blocking damage as a dedicated element jewel.

This is based on unproven theory based on my observations, but I add this disclaimer that it's not proven and definite.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

meth962
Level 23

Post by meth962 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:48 am

You're are correct, that bastard Che is definitely the hardest one. Looking at the stats on those three, it almost seems the fault lies on Gala being weaker. I always forget the Earth Jewel too xD and then after struggling to beat him, remember why you should put it on :)
まさかつあがつ

LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Post by LegaiaWiki » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:54 am

I'd love to see Che beat the crap out of Ayne for taking his look.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:28 am

^ Agreed.

I also found the fights were pretty easy once I got past Che. I don't think I waste my point card the second play through (though the second time was a speedrun on an emulator) because of the battle directly after those three.

Didn't have a strategy the first time really, I think I read online about the 3 turn system and I followed it, iunno. Still, I REALLY enjoyed the single battles up til the Delilas fight--it was genius gameplay mechanics. I never expected them to split up again (and I SUFFERED for not expecting the worst). I ended up with characters that were too weak and I was forced to grind just so Gala could survive an encounter with Aluru.

and buttstuff
it really do be like that tho

Zup
Level 99

Post by Zup » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:42 am

It's a good thing that the first one is the hardest, as far as design goes. Punishing the player with multiple difficult encounters that are instant kill (due to only havin' one playable character at a time) is more frustrating than fun for the most part.

But it's also 'cause Che's the manliest so it makes sense he's the toughest to defeat.

But the Delilas siblings are the best. Sexy beasts.

And they POSE!

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:53 am

... #GinyuForce

Yeah, however I would've enjoyed a previous battle with them--battle didn't have as much tension as it could've had because there was no real "beef" between the heroes and them. At least, not to me.
it really do be like that tho