Cort's Seru (A Theory)

Have some thoughts on something located in the Karisto Kingdom? HERE!
LegaiaWiki
Level ∞

Cort's Seru (A Theory)

Post by LegaiaWiki » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:41 am

I had always been of the mind that the Rogue fragment (not the Clam Seru) left in Conkram after the first Mist incident was the Seru that Cort ended up wearing, due to Nebular's shock about Cort wearing a Seru.

But then K pointed out to me on the gameFAQS board that if you look closely you can see Cort is already wearing the Seru when he and Jette first test the Mist Generator for the demonstration. So obviously Nebular's surprise just means he hadn't seen Cort for a good while, who was working in the basement.

So then where exactly did Cort's Seru come from? Was it just a standard Seru that Cort put on in Conkram that just grew more powerful as the years went on in the Mist? Well obviously not since Cort didn't turn into the typical Seru monster. So if it isn't a regular Seru and isn't the Rogue fragment, what is it then?

When I was compiling the Legaia script I noticed a bit of NPC dialogue that I wrote down, which brings me to my theory as the most likely origin of Cort's Seru.

A guard in the main hall of Past Conkram states, "Prince Cort is amazing! First, he created different Seru in the underground lab. Now he's developed a new weapon that'll make all the Seru more powerful."

The bolded part is what I'm paying attention to. I think the Seru Cort is wearing is likely the very Seru the guard says had been created.

Just a theory but I think it makes sense. What are your opinions?

Nightshade
Level 60

Re: Cort's Seru (A Theory)

Post by Nightshade » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:19 pm

I think that it actually is the Rogue fragment, as that seems to make the most sense. Minea said that after the incident in Conkram, two Seru remained - the shell Seru that eventually became the Sim-Seru that formed around Conkram, and the Rogue fragment. But she never said where either Seru came from. My thoughts are the following:

Somehow, Cort created (and by created, I mean managed to summon) a Rogue fragment, which possessed him. As a result, he became focused on creating the Mist and taking over the world. Nebular stated that after beginning work on the Mist, Cort was 'like a completely different person'. Zora and Jette already make mention of Cort having a 'grand plan' involving the Mist in the scene as you're walking back to the present time, so it seems that this 'take over the world' scheme was already a work in process. This leads me to believe that the Rogue fragment attached to Cort sometime before the Mist incident.
Do not question yourself with the why or the how. I simply am, and that is all you need to know.

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:43 pm

I wAs actually intriuged by the ra-seru coming out of machine cort invented.... So I assume it's a rogue ra-seru.... Probably feeding him info..... And which explains how he wan summon juggernaut, and how he was able to give noa a headache (noa: "ow ow ow ow ow there's a voice in my head!!!" or I think she said it like that) I think meta explained on how only ra-seru and their humans can hear/understand each other..... Im like the 4 or 5th Smartest in legaia terms..... So I probably wont be able to keep up lol
it really do be like that tho

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:23 am

.... So... If cort only summons juggernaut at JAF, then... Could it make sense that he OWNS a juggernaut seru?
Actually since its a sim seru, I'm not surprised he gets mystic powers and loves the mist....
I might sound stupid lol but I'm thinking this because I had the impression that cort had a ra-seru on spanks to noa's father...

And cort was probably like rpg k
(crazy... Bored... Sadistic.... Has keys to the money machine by selling dangerous stuff

Gameplaer90
Level 16

Post by Gameplaer90 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:30 am

He could have made the seru just in case Rouge wanted to kill him and stuff....Bad guy betrayls happen alot...so I can see why he had the seru then. And yeah i belive that he kept the seru on just becaus it made him stronger.
May we all remember the roads we traval...even if they are diffrent then others or what you did not expect....

Redhollowlives999
Level Awesome.

Post by Redhollowlives999 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Well Cort was originally trying to create a stronger, more advanced (or a way to do so to) Conkram's Seru in order to give them the upper hand against Sol in the war; I'm assuming the discovery of the Mist lead him to find a way to contain it; hence the creation of the Sim-Seru (probably modelled off the Rogues (aka the Ra-Seru)).

So my theory is that he was merely wearing a Sim-Seru; maybe even a Ra-Sim-Seru, much like Songi's (though Songi never showed the ability to summon any Seru himself). And his investigation and modelling after the Rogue's could also explain why he wasn't so shocked at the events that transpired after the Mist outbreak; he knew regular Seru wouldn't be sensible enough to properly be used for combat. Iunno I'm just barfing out ideas.

My gosh someone burn my old posts.